Attn: Fukushima... It rains occasionally!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

TEPCO shareholders rejected a proposal to look into pursuing claims for compensation against companies that supplied parts for the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant

Uhhm do they refer to Israel?
edit on 0b07America/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2013 14:06:07 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2013 14:06:07 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Okay, pertaining to Israel, sabotaging Fukushima . Greenpeace is silent.... touché.
We may not hear from them in the near future about that topic.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

In my defense, I was speaking about Japans efforts, After the fact. Not the initial destruction.
That was a good read though. star ya for that.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

pstrron
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Japanese are extremely innovative but it looks like Tepco is run by kindergarten dropouts.

The Japanese are not very innovative actually. I love Japanese culture and have spent quite a bit of time there, even speak some Japanese, and I can tell you in my experience the Japanese are very good at improving other peoples designs, and making things robust, but one thing they are terrible at is creative problem solving.

It's very much a case of cultural pressures on thinking, and a top reason Germany, the UK and USA are some of the best at developing cutting edge innovative ways of doing things. In Japan you are always expected to go with the flow, don't rock the boat, do as you're told, obey your elders, learn the proper way to do something etc etc. This is GOOD thing for education in KNOWN disciplines and it's why Japanese learn faster generally; they aren;t always questioning everything and 'learning the hard way'. They simply take the word of people who came before them and then build on it. They learn the right way to do things and no one wastes time with silly questions. This is also why Japan is a very industrious nation and gets things done fast and efficiently.

But in the west, our rebellious attitude (especially in the USA) lends itself to a whole new level of innovative thinkers and inventors simply because we love to ask "why not?" Japanese as a culture are taught never to question things, your elders know best etc etc.

Anyone who has spent time in Japan can attest to this and this failure of creative problem solving is really showing itself at Fukushima.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I agree, we probably would...but...you could have simply just refuted my claim or ask for my sources instead of going off on a tangent about the WWII, the US, and our relationship with China.

For the record, I don't disagree with most of what you said.....but I disagree with your opinion of Japans potential invasion success had the US not 'helped'. The only successful invasion is the one happening now with the help of our government.....but the US is in a bad way too with how much debt of yours that China owns.

To be honest though, I'd rather China own our debt than our land. If I had my way everything in Australia would be made in Australia, for Australian citizens. No exports. No Imports. Self-sustaining, self-sufficient, country. Unrealistic dreams I tell ya.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Well then you and I can take up the question of invasion during World War 2 in another thread, there are plenty of them and always more to come.

Yeah but I pretty much agree with everything that you just said too. I wish all those things for The United States as well. Back to Fukushima though, have you ever wondered why we never seen any commercials asking for help or donations for The people of Japan? It's a good question that needs to be asked?

Even taking Fukushima out of the equation, a serious disaster happened over there and many people suffered and lost their lives and homes. When Haiti had an earthquake years and years ago, we could not turn on the TV without someone asking for charity. Yet, Absolutely nothing about Japan, not even one. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Can't draw too much attention to the incident. That's when the truth starts coming out.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

LightAssassin
Can't draw too much attention to the incident. That's when the truth starts coming out.

Yeah that is obvious. Even the Hollywood idiots over here are not talking about it. I figured Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie would at least be over there feeding some homeless Japanese or adopting a few orphaned children. Even the so-called environmentalist Al Gore has said absolutely nothing. Someone mentioned Greenpeace demanding legal action against 2nd and 3rd parties, but other than that they have been pretty much silent.

I think this also has to do with the masters of puppets trying to protect their beloved economic trade. The yes men / women in the mass media are doing as their told like good little sheoplized robots. Japan exports a lot of Autos, Fish and Rice products over here, and people on both sides are making profits. I guess they can't lose a buck in the name of humanity. To me, Fukushima is one of the biggest cover ups in modern day times. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing
Conclusion. Send in a team of Russians with Cart Blanche to do what ever needs done for Containment, US foots the bill.

unfortunately, the're no clear solution: thing nested in very unstable area -- any dome will be expensive & leaking as well. ultimate step would be to wheel all contaminated trash out the to entomb in safe place. but that's fully unreal. +Fukushima been only glowing tip of great iceberg: Japan must dismantle entire fleet of their plants as soon as possible because they'll become another Fukushimas as well. fact is fact, Japan has become the great source to pollute whole Globe & situation is gonna be only worse-by-worse.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I guess the guys at tepco missed the two bombs that ended the war with the US and decided that Japan needed to experience a nuclear disaster again. Not sure why they would want that but...real people aren't this stupid in real life, right? Not trained nuclear power plant management and nuclear physicists and ...really? They have to be doing this stuff on purpose.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

amazing
Fact - Russia knows how to handle a nuclear disaster.

Yeah sure they do. Not trying to throw the Russians under the bus, but America, Germany, The Norwegians and maybe even India should be sent in to assist The Japanese. That would be using common sense though.

Fact- Japan doesn't have a clue

Actually fact is = TEPCO doesn't have a clue. Don't blame The Japanese government for this entire disaster. They do share their part of the blame, but it's not all on their shoulders whatsoever.

Fact- People wonder why there is so much fight against Nuclear energy.

I agree 100% my friend. All Nuclear plants should be dismantled worldwide immediately.

Fact -Tepco wants to restart another reactor to start making money again.

Yep, and the Japanese Government should refuse to allow that to happen, and if they do then the World powers should intervene in order to defend all life on Earth. Don't hold your breath though.

Conclusion. Send in a team of Russians with Cart Blanche to do what ever needs done for Containment

Absolutely not.

US foots the bill. It's called self preservation.

Everyone should pay the bill, and Japan should pay it back. Why should we (America) fit the bill? Come on now, think about what you just suggested and how wrong that clearly is?

Then dismantle Tepco and put all their managers in prison for life. Japan doesn't get any more nuclear energy. They don't deserve it.

All that legal stuff concerning TEPCO officials is for Japan to decide, but no Nation on planet Earth should be permitted to build even one more single Nuclear reactor. Then worldwide, all of them should be dismantled with a collective global agreement in order to figure out how to deal with, and what to do with, all of the radioactive waste which is an entire other problem that we all must face together, and united as one.

Then with all of our technology we figure out how to cool a nuclear reactor without running water over it. Funny thing is that I don't run water over my house in the desert to keep it cool. I don't need containment tanks outside my house.

No. We need to eradicate ever single Nuclear reactor that exists anywhere. We need to do it for the survival of all of the species on this planet, and also for all of those species, including the human species, that will call Earth their home in the future.

The way that we are treating her is not fair to the current, nor the future, Life that does not even exist yet. There is no other way. We must do the right thing more than ever in this case. Why can't we all just stand together for once, Planet Earth is our home, she gives so much to us all. This is it, we better wake up and learn to work together.

All we need to do is remove the bought and payed for liars and enablers from power, and we might actually stand a chance. It makes me so sad when I really sit back and take it all in sometimes. Hey amazing, even if you and I disagree on a few things, hopefully people like us can learn to work with one another because otherwise all hope is lost and we are finished my friend. ~$heopleNation
edit on 24-10-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I agree with almost everything you said. Just that...well...Chernobyl, as bad as it was and is...was handled better than Japan, but you're right that there are several countries that might be able to handle it better...but would they have the balls to just do it the right way or at least some way? I'm not so sure....and we should foot the bill. I'm only saying that because this disaster is affecting us now and will for years in the future and it needs to be handled now. Japan doesn't seem to want to fix it...tepco sure doesn't. Someone needs to. We have the money and Russia has the brutal will. I'm not being subtle and I know this situation is complex but...an ice wall completed years from now and the US Gov not worried about it? hmmmmm Let's just get er done!
edit on 24-10-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I agree with you as well my friend. Even when I disagree on one or two things with folks here at ATS, my respect for what they have to say never changes. I actually edited my post while you replied, so read it again in case you missed anything.

I am on my IPad, it takes twice as long to do anything on it compared to being on my PC. I hope something changes with this nightmare though, I just don't have much faith in these lunatics worldwide who are holding all the cards and pulling all the strings. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

all japanese economical "magic" has been based upon cheap electricity, thereby they declared to have run nukies, but any insanity cannot last ad infinitum.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum