It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Recorded 70.3 Million Calls In France In A 1 Mth Period - Political And Business Targeted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Reach out... Reach out and touch someone....
Although, I suspect that AT&T didn't quite mean the entire country of France in one huge swoop.

And it looks like they have been documented as targeting high profile business and political people. Now what was the NSA telling us about not targeting such individuals in the US? I say Horse Pucky!

I feel we are "this close" to having a "NSA Titanic, lets watch it sink", thread. Bon voyage, you are going down! Notice the increase in the Snowden news articles recently? I think they were waiting for the shutdown to end so they steal the show.

The spy agency taped 70.3 million phone calls in France over a 30-day period between December 10 and January 8, 2013,

Le Monde reported in its online version. According to the newspaper NSA used various methods to track and collect the phonecalls.

The NSA automatically picked up communications from certain phone numbers in France, which werethen recorded. The same system picked up and recorded text messages, based on certain key words that appeared. The NSA would also systematically record the communication history of each of their targets under a programme code-named "US-985D."

Le Monde said the documents gave grounds to think the NSA targeted not only people suspected of being involved in terrorism but also high-profile individuals from the world of business or politics.

US spy agency 'taped millions of French calls'

edit on 21-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

So we have ...

The NSA automatically picked up communications from certain phone numbers in France, which werethen recorded. The same system picked up and recorded text messages

Then we have ....

Obama: "Nobody is listening to your telephone calls,"

Call me crazy, but I consider recording them as listening in.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
They dont listen to them at the time because theres too much info and not enough ears.

Instead they just bank all the calls and label them - if any corporation needs any inside info they can just ask the NSA for any related info - then download the calls and listen in.

70 million phone calls in a month? I wonder how long these calls were? "I mom, i'll be round at 7pm shall i bring a bottle of wine?"

Major terror threats people, threats against not making as much money as you could be!

This is nothing more than insider trading on a global, international level. Its all about money, which, i dont know if anyone heard, but despite all this going on, USA still manages to owe over 17 trillion dollars.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

How can we rely on an agency (NSA) to interpret and predict terrorist attacks when they can't even anticipate that stories like this are going to come out?

NSA = Not Sneaky Anymore.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Give a government free money and it spends for a day, teach a government
to steal money and we get the US economy. ugh, who didn't see this nightmare
of a spying program playing out like this.....

Next thing you know we will see 20 different congressmen claim they were
victims of foul play and black mail, how will we even be able to know for
sure since its all behind closed doors and super duper go go gadget secret?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
Then we have ....

Obama: "Nobody is listening to your telephone calls,"

Call me crazy, but I consider recording them as listening in.

Well, this is what a good politician does. Deceives and tricks their people by only telling the truth.

As long as the NSA doesn't listen to these recordings, I guess technically, he never lied. I guess even if they do, he could always come back with that he was only referring to US citizens, not those in France.

Somehow, I find it hard to believe that they're doing this overseas, but not in their own country...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If the French were so inclined could this not be a clear cassus belli?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Painterz
If the French were so inclined could this not be a clear cassus belli?

The French Gov. are probably using the recordings themselves. It is their way of spying on their people without doing it themselves. Just like every other country does.

new topics

top topics

join