It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Bernays and the Tricks of his Trade.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
WARNING The video presented here is from my channel on Youtube that makes and shares video game commentaries. Sometimes I do commentaries on subjects I think some of you may enjoy and share them here. This video is a subject some ATS members may enjoy.

Many folks here already know of Edward Bernays, the master of media manipulation, the nephew of Sigmund Freud and the man who basically innovated Public Relations as a weapon against us all. But sadly most people do not know of this man.

In the following video I present Mr Bernays to my audience on Youtube. The video serves as a brief introduction to Edward Bernays and his history, urging others to dig deeper into his tactics and legacy as "The Father of Spin".

The video (like all of my videos) is me speaking over video game footage (after all, my channel is dedicated to video game commentaries that usually have nothing to do with video games). If you do not like video game footage or may be offended by video game violence, I strongly suggest you do not watch this video.

I share this video with ATS because it fits the standards here as information dealing with alternative subjects like media manipulation and mind control. The voice you hear is mine and the content is delivered in a rhyme format. Hope you enjoy.

Big hugs!

MM

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I think Edward Bernays is a deeply interesting character. I also think his influences on PR should be read by everyone.

It is nice to see how you incorporated a lot of Edward Bernays' achievements into a short and entertaining video though. Well done!

Was he really involved in the Fluoride thing though? I thought there wasn't any hard evidence linking him to fluoride companies.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

daaskapital
I think Edward Bernays is a deeply interesting character. I also think his influences on PR should be read by everyone.

It is nice to see how you incorporated a lot of Edward Bernays' achievements into a short and entertaining video though. Well done!

Was he really involved in the Fluoride thing though? I thought there wasn't any hard evidence linking him to fluoride companies.

Bernays co-workers have publicly said Bernays was involved in the PR campaign to sway public opinion on water fluoridation.

Also-

An award-winning BBC producer and investigative journalist Christopher Bryson who once interviewed Bernays reports the following-

“Do you recall working with Oscar Ewing on fluoridation?” I asked Bernays.

“Yes,” he replied.

"Bernays’s personal papers detail his involvement in one of the nation’s earliest and biggest water fluoridation battles".

I am aware some people want to believe there is no hard evidence of Bernay's involvement, but it would be strange for him "not to be involved" seeing the size and scope of this campaign and the years it became active. Before the campaign most people only knew fluoride as an ingredient in rat poison and a couple years later everyone identifies it as a healthy chemical to help teeth. If that don't have Bernay's signature at the bottom of it...I can't imagine what does.

Its reported as such. And I fully think its true.

Hugs bro!

MM

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Nice. Thanks for the info!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Oops, you did it again. Your brilliance is showing Mr. Mask. A standing ovation, sir!

Nice score, btw...to bad we can't whip out the jammy and flat-blast that scumbag, Bernays. Or a couple of Dulles brothers. Hey...that gives me an idea for a game...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

edit on 21-10-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Another great vid Mr Mask. I learnt about Bernays, from Adam Curtis great documentary The Century of the self

The Century of the Self is an award-winning British television documentary series by Adam Curtis. It focuses on how the work of Sigmund Freud, Anna Freud, and Edward Bernays influenced the way corporations and governments have analyzed,‭ dealt with, and controlled ‬people
en.wikipedia.org...

It was all quite a revelation, as I'd never really heard of the guy before. It was amazing to see how much power this guy was yielding at the time.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The GUT
Oops, you did it again. Your brilliance is showing Mr. Mask. A standing ovation, sir!

Nice score, btw...to bad we can't whip out the jammy and flat-blast that scumbag, Bernays. Or a couple of Dulles brothers. Hey...that gives me an idea for a game...

Heeeey Gutty baby!!! Big hugs to you my old friend. Glad you enjoyed the video. It is going to be the first stepping stones in a little series of videos pertaining to mind control, social engineering and swaying masses into ways of thought.

But the idea is pretty large to compress into a few small vids, but yknow I will try. I will also try to keep it factual and away from speculation.

I love you bro and hope all is well in your world. Big hugs.

MM

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

mikegrouchy

edit on 21-10-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

Thanks for showing me that clip. I never saw Bernays interviewed on Letterman, but what he said there is exactly what I would expect from a man who saw the watching crowd as "mindless animals". Total jerk.

Hugs bro!

MM

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

woodwardjnr
reply to post by Mr Mask

Another great vid Mr Mask. I learnt about Bernays, from Adam Curtis great documentary The Century of the self

The Century of the Self is an award-winning British television documentary series by Adam Curtis. It focuses on how the work of Sigmund Freud, Anna Freud, and Edward Bernays influenced the way corporations and governments have analyzed,‭ dealt with, and controlled ‬people
en.wikipedia.org...

It was all quite a revelation, as I'd never really heard of the guy before. It was amazing to see how much power this guy was yielding at the time.

I'm a fan of the Century of Self documentary series and often recommend it to others as a starter tool for learning about these subjects. I was pleasantly surprised to see the subject matter handled so well in the BBC mainstream. It fails to really dig deep, but offers some nice introduction material. I am a fan.

Hugs bro!

MM

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Mr Mask
Glad you enjoyed the video. It is going to be the first stepping stones in a little series of videos pertaining to mind control, social engineering and swaying masses into ways of thought.

But the idea is pretty large to compress into a few small vids, but yknow I will try. I will also try to keep it factual and away from speculation.

I love you bro and hope all is well in your world. Big hugs. MM

I am STOKED to hear that! Can't wait. Love you, too, man! Keep on keepin' on.

new topics

top topics

join