It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz faults his party for agreeing to 'lousy' deal to reopen the government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, we knew it was coming, in fact, many of us predicted it.

S ource

With another possible government shutdown looming on Jan. 15, 2014, if Republicans and Democrats fail to reach a long-term compromise on the budget, Cruz would not rule out the possibility of once again threatening a shutdown unless the Affordable Care Act is repealed.

The truth is, I don't think there was a good compromise in either direction, because the choices stank either way. We have just reached a point economically that pain will be inflicted on the people with any choice. You either hurt the poverty stricken with reduced benefits, the uninsured with continued jeopardy, the middle class with hazardous income reductions, the wealthy with taxes, the corporations with loss of profits, the politicians with loss of office, the bankers with the challenge to extract money more ingeniously and the list goes on and on.

Seriously, when you see this thread:

U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion — tops $17 trillion for first time
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Somehow, I do not see this problem ending anytime soon, or perhaps going away at all in this political incarnation.

BT
edit on 20-10-2013 by BearTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2013 by BearTruth because: to correct url error

edit on 20-10-2013 by Gemwolf because: Fixed link

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

Mods, I am having problems with this thread. I have tried to edit it, 3 times because it keeps replicating my entries without letting me remove them.

Assistance would be appreciated. Also, the url's do not appear correctly. Point me in the right direction please. Thank you.

BT

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Cruz is, of course, correct on many points.

He and others that are systematically being attacked are trying to 'silently' warn people about the International banking influences that actually control most of the central banks worldwide including the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank.

They can't publish details outright because they will be silenced in worse ways that just name calling and defiling.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This might be better......

BearTruth
Well, we knew it was coming, in fact, many of us predicted it.

Ted Cruz faults his party for agreeing to 'lousy' deal to reopen the government

With another possible government shutdown looming on Jan. 15, 2014, if Republicans and Democrats fail to reach a long-term compromise on the budget, Cruz would not rule out the possibility of once again threatening a shutdown unless the Affordable Care Act is repealed.

The truth is, I don't think there was a good compromise in either direction, because the choices stank either way. We have just reached a point economically that pain will be inflicted on the people with any choice. You either hurt the poverty stricken with reduced benefits, the uninsured with continued jeopardy, the middle class with hazardous income reductions, the wealthy with taxes, the corporations with loss of profits, the politicians with loss of office, the bankers with the challenge to extract money more ingeniously and the list goes on and on.

Seriously, when you see this thread:

U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion — tops $17 trillion for first time
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Somehow, I do not see this problem ending anytime soon, or perhaps going away at all in this political incarnation.

BT

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And naturally, we see this;

Cruz is severing Gordian's Knot....

After weeks of being vilified by the national media and White House as a terrorist, racist, and radical hostage-taker out to destroy the economy, Ted Cruz (R-TX) is receiving the kind of death threats that are all-too expected after this kind of national demonization campaign. A person who identifies himself on Twitter as Troy Gilmore, Jr. listed the Senator's homes address and suggested Cruz be taught a "street wise lesson." Capitol Police are investigating:

The Hill reported Capitol Police were looking into the post by someone identifying himself as Troy Gilmore Jr.

The tweet, posted early Friday, said, "Take down Ted Cruz, at his home" and listed Cruz's home address in Houston, The Hill reported.

It also said, "What goes around comes around CRUZ!!"

The Hill said the poster -- using the Twitter handle @ArmyVet54 -- said he had served in the U.S. Army and Navy, and posted another tweet Friday afternoon saying Cruz "needs tobe [sic] taught a street wise [sic] lesson."

After Weeks of Hate Speech from Media & Obama, Cruz Receives Death Threat

"Turn him to any cause of policy,

The Gordian Knot of it he will unloose,
Familiar as his garter"

(Shakespeare, Henry V, Act 1 Scene 1. 45–47)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Cruz is the GOP/FOX news/Tea Party scape goat. It is his own fault really because he wanted the spot light. Well he got it and then some.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

Ted Cruz is tied more closely to Goldman Sachs than possibly any politician ever. His wife is a regional manager for the bank. ALL of his personal investments are held by the bank. Both their retirements center on the bank. GS was his largest donor (and still is), they've bankrolled his media appearances which is how a freshman nobody has gotten so much attention.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

We don't know that Goldman Sach bankrolled him. yes, his wife is a asset manager for goldman, but provide the proof before u spew your propaganda.

We do know Obama and Mitt Romney got goldman sach money and the rest of wallstreet.

We know that he exposed the establishment both Democrats and establishment Republicans are the same and there is no difference. If he is exposing the status quo to make them look bad then he is doing something right, and they are pissed that people are waking up to the fake right and left scam.
edit on 20-10-2013 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thank you Xuenchen for your assistance. And thank you Gemwolf for correcting my OP.

It looks much better.

BT

edit on 20-10-2013 by BearTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That explains so very much, Rockpuck.

As they always say, follow the money. It is so true.

BT

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

Goldman has given Cruz $69,891
His main Super Pac support comes from Club for Growth which is a collaboration of law firms, hedge fund managers and investment banks.

Cruz's top donors:
Club For Growth (big bankers, investors and lawfirms)
Senate Conservatives Fund (Koch Brothers)
Woodforest National Bank
Goldman Sachs

Mrs. Cruz is a regional VP of investments for Goldman
She's served as economic adviser in various roles for Bush.

Ted (his real name is Rafael by the way) Cruz's lawfirm represents Goldman Sachs.

edit on 10/21/2013 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

join