It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US quietly releases $1.6bn in aid to Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The irony of what the government is capable off, when it comes to the tax payers in the nation what they got away with, during the shutdown, scaremongering of no SS check, welfare, disability, the poor children with cancer and the closing of national monuments.

Now there you have it a nice slap on the face of all the tax payers with a gift of tax money to other countries

Where is the outrage, where are the protest where are the riots, America, we have lost our backbone and when the next shot down comes, nobody is going to remember how our tax dollars are use to pay for briberies in other countries.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The fact that this is money into the coffers of the Pakistani war machine only make things worse.

If this was 1.6 trillion in food aid or medical aid i could almost understand it,

but Military aid to a state that many think is aiding the enemy's of America, thats just stupid.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Our govt is full os psychopaths.

We are just dumb bouys floating in the water- they pay us no mind until they are about to run into us.

When they do- they say "Oh well- stay on course"

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The South and other like minded states should cede from these corrupt evil clowns now that it holds all the cards. I wonder what would happen if all the states just came together and declared D.C. an enemy and blockaded it in one day with their national guard powers, what would happen? I do not see any other option to save our nation anymore as voting is a complete waste of time.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I read that most of the money is going to a Dam building project. If that is a U.S. construction company it would make a little sense but I would not count on it.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Pakistan is a long term aid problem, IMO.

Source: Pakistan: U.S. Foreign Assistance - FAS pdf Document

In looking a bit more into this, it looks like a fairly long standing problem. They've been paid for since 9/11. The best ally money can buy, I'm sure.

...not counting things like disaster aid for their flooding and occasional quakes. I don't argue those expenses at all.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

When I read this headline last night, I wanted to go outside and scream at the top of my lungs!, I instead, did it quietly inside while BP rose 100pts meanwhile crushing a coffee pot I was palming in my right hand, and face turning from flower petal pink to turd purple!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Our leaders are a sorry lot ...a traitorous ball of crap.

Sick.....kill em all.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

marg6043

The irony of what the government is capable off, when it comes to the tax payers in the nation what they got away with, during the shutdown, scaremongering of no SS check, welfare, disability, the poor children with cancer and the closing of national monuments.

Now there you have it a nice slap on the face of all the tax payers with a gift of tax money to other countries

Where is the outrage, where are the protest where are the riots, America, we have lost our backbone and when the next shot down comes, nobody is going to remember how our tax dollars are use to pay for briberies in other countries.

I'd make the journey from australia to you to get it kicked off if only I had any faith, in anyone really caring.. if we could have just one week of what brazil or egypt has then I believe tptb would start to really get scared, there should be too many of us for them, but sadly I still dont believe there is !

namaste
~sacri~

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Add the fact that India has denied arms and nuclear deals and with the US and Instead opted for Russian hardware and tech, next up is a Russia, India, China, military alliance..
edit on 20-10-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Yes, because almost all of Congress and the Executive Branch and all of Obama's cronies are pathetically out of touch with reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Doesnt that pretty much equate to funding the taliban/alquaeda?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Kaploink
Even worse is that many politicians fully support foreign aid while wanting to cut safety net programs. Foreign aid should be drastically reduced or eliminated before we start cutting aid to Americans.

All of it ends up in swiss bank accounts of all the corrupt politicians who are all thieves and robbers.

foreign aid should be banned except for one on one as it is all used buy suppression,oppression,repression and stolen by the crooks in charge.

i.e. only individual persons in need would get money to become self sufficient.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Common Good
Our govt is full os psychopaths.

We are just dumb bouys floating in the water- they pay us no mind until they are about to run into us.

When they do- they say "Oh well- stay on course"

The US government only act in the best intrest of the US government. They even specify this on the air to all of you; members.

Where do you think you fit in?

Have you ever asked Yourself who you are in all this?
You are not the US government. You are not the US. You are one member of 315 million US members. You have to pay a membership tax to be a acting member.

Non of the 315 million US members wirete any of the US membership laws. You are not even given the choice to consent or not, to these laws. You have to fallow them, no questions asked.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Oh hell, there's no sense getting your knickers in a knot, folks... this is just the start of it.

The boys have until Feb 15, 2014 to spend as much as their little hearts desire.

On Monday you'll hear all about how they quietly sent $2.8 billion over to the Ukraine to restock FEMA with potato and cheese perogies.

I think Tuesday is drone purchasing day, and Wednesday is free movie and popcorn night for all valid members.

... Can't wait to see the final tally come February...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Occupy wont protest this because they only care about Wall Street bankers and ending Capitalism and installing Marxism and Communism, and getting their student loans paid off. Tea Party has figured out that no one is listening to their protests so getting people in office is a better tactic. Everyone else is watching football.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Surely the headline should read..."US People sneakily forced to pay the country who hid Bin Laden $1,6 Billion whilst their own Starve and wonder where the next pay check is coming from,".....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Right give money to some foreign third world country while we're on the brink of economic collapse + government shutdown but let your own people starve and die...WTF?????

Not that I want or need the government's money, but these people are not giving back, they are the reason we're losing money like water, and then they give them aid too????

edit on 20-10-2013 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
and what the sad thing about it - not a dime is going to the people of Pakistan, all it is being used for is to grease the palms of the top dogs in Pakistan.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
The fact that this is money into the coffers of the Pakistani war machine only make things worse.

If this was 1.6 trillion in food aid or medical aid i could almost understand it,

but Military aid to a state that many think is aiding the enemy's of America, thats just stupid.

You could almost understand 1.6 billion (I assume you meant billion, not trillion) in food or medical aid to Pakistan, why? You see, that is part of the problem. We can't afford it for anything, and surely not for them. Maybe if a much more friendly nation needed it desperately and children were starving then yeah maybe, but even then they should be required to pay it all back. ~$heopleNation
edit on 20-10-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join