It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US quietly releases $1.6bn in aid to Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The US has quietly decided to release more than $1.6bn (£1bn) in military and economic aid to Pakistan that was suspended when relations between the two countries disintegrated over the covert raid that killed Osama bin Laden and deadly US air strikes against Pakistani soldiers. Officials and congressional aides said ties have improved enough to allow the money to flow again.

Link

What the hell!!!!!

America is $17 Trillion in debt, they have been shutdown, not paying out some 7- 800,000 federal employees for about 3 weeks. And after coming very close a economic apocalypse, and then raising the debt ceiling further, whats the first thing they do?

Give Pakistan $1.6 Billion in Military aid

They are borrowing cash right now to give it away to the Pakistani Military

Its not Obama or the Pakistani Government who will be paying this $1.6 billion back but the average American.
edit on 19-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Even worse is that many politicians fully support foreign aid while wanting to cut safety net programs. Foreign aid should be drastically reduced or eliminated before we start cutting aid to Americans.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I would bet if they cut out almost all foreign aid except to feed the starving Americans could live well on their own money and maybe even have a 4 day work week...maybe even get to retire and enjoy a little rest after their years of labor.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I bet there is all kinds of stuff being done right now "under the cover of darkness" with the government running around trying to catch up with the paper work.

1.6 bil to pakistan, i could believe it

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have always been stumped as to how we can buy the neighbor a Mercedes but not pay our own bills. With my crash course in economics on another thread yesterday my confussion has only grown - knowing that the monetary system we use is all IOU's. My question - did we give or did we loan? I'm cringing as I guess that it was given.

I want to believe those who run the Country, who have promised to help bring us out of debt understand this system, and we will see how it works one day "soon". But the more I see the more I realize they are fixated on something that worked long ago yet no longer does.

If someone does not restructure how we do thing with the money we all invest through labor, consumerism, and loans it will destroy this country and all who live in it (minus the super wealthy). We need some new ideas - some flexibility with how this is approached. If those in Washington are unable or unwilling to put on the breaks due to how something affects them (making them richer), or due to an inability to say "uh oh - I thought I knew but maybe this other way is better" than we are just going to continue to see more of the same.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It is simple. There was never anything close to a "shutdown" (17% at most) and never any remote chance of a so-called default. And since our Government seemingly can print and borrow at will, money will continue to be wasted, stolen, given to cronies, used for the kickbacks, and on and on.

There is no solution as it has become too big and too corrupt to ever reign in.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'll just bet a few dollars of that would have opened the White House back up for the People.

You know, one of the most special and almost magic things people from other nations would say, way back when...was how special is truly was that just any American or anyone else (almost) could sign right up for a tour and walk through the very 'house' and nerve center of the Executive working government.

Do we re-open such a cultural icon and special aspect? Oh heck no... We send this to help make more war and death half a planet away from where we live. (while sending more money to support the Syrian wing of the group Pakistan spends the aid to fight there... figure that one out)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's stories like this that makes me want to defraud government......just sayin.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

America is $17 Trillion in debt, they have been shutdown, not paying out some 7- 800,000 federal employees for about 3 weeks. And after coming very close a economic apocalypse, and then raising the debt ceiling further, whats the first thing they do?

Who are as we speak violating a ceasefire with India.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Is it disguised as being for Syrian stuff when all the while it's meant to keep on funding skirmishes on Indian border as a means to keep them occupied and engaged in that aspect of their agenda rather than aim stuff at the US?
edit on 19-10-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Does any country ever give the US aide? Like when Katrina hit, etc....just curious.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Dianec
I have always been stumped as to how we can buy the neighbor a Mercedes but not pay our own bills.

We do it here too.
There's a welfare office across from where I eat lunch sometimes.
That parking lot is like a foreign imports showroom.

Beemers, Mercedes,Accura, Lexus, Volvo...
Of course there are plenty of expensive and brand new American cars as well.
Anyone ever seen a blacked out Caddilac SRX on 22 inch low profile tires with foot long spear pointed freewells ? You could take out enemy combatants on the sidewalk and in the left lane at the same time. Spartacus never had it so good.

Out of curiosity I walked around to the employee parking lot one day. Not one car less than 4 years old.

So yes, we buy our own Mercedes cars and pay bills for our own. We just don't expect them to work for it.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

You may have missed what I meant. Pakistan is engaged in a daily fight against the original core and heart of Al Qaeda. It's spiritual/cultural center, if it could be said to have one, is currently the Northwest Tribal Territory of Pakistan. Military Aid to Pakistan is either going to fight them, or ....errr... in other news...Kashmir just warmed back up over night too, but I digress.

Syria's FSA Rebels include, among the stronger factions, associate groups of Al Qaeda.

So, we're giving Pakistan aid to fight the core of them while we peddle a few hundred million to the franchises in Syria to do our bidding there.

Wild world.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Meldionne1
Does any country ever give the US aide? Like when Katrina hit, etc....just curious.

I know that the UK sent over people to help with disaster relief but more than that, I dont know.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
well it was either give us the money,, or,,we spill the beans bout bin there laden guy

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Meldionne1

Yes, many Germans donated money or packages after Katrina, and our Government sent you technicians, pumps, and water purification systems and such, it just wasn't very much emphasised by your media.
Also your administration at that time was hasitating to accept our help at first and financial help had to be funneled via private companies like BMW, Siemens or Bayer (which was understood as disconcertedness or false pride over here).
edit on 19-10-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

*eta: US Accepts German Help After Katrina

Hurrikan Katrina - Deutsche Wirtschaft leistet Hilfe in den USA (German/English)
edit on 19-10-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

To me it seems like the US is exporting its inflation out of the country.

That is a bad thing if Pakistan, China, europe or Russia suddenly shipped the Money back to the US.
That would flood the market Beyond repair.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

The US has been exporting its inflation for years, there is a whole massive conspiracy about that which would be opening up a whole new can of worms.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by spy66

The US has been exporting its inflation for years, there is a whole massive conspiracy about that which would be opening up a whole new can of worms.

In the short run its not a bad thing to do what the US government is doing. Not as long as they ship their inflation to nations who can't do anything about it. Its not like Pakistan have the Power to collect anything on the dollar from the US at this point in time. Ading Pakistan With Aid and military hardware and so on keeps the American Public at their jobs. And that is good for politics.

The US government knows where the US is heading, they have been aware of that since 1971. They are just playing their last hand; the military option as long as they can.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

The US has quietly decided to release more than $1.6bn (£1bn) in military and economic aid to Pakistan that was suspended when relations between the two countries disintegrated over the covert raid that killed Osama bin Laden and deadly US air strikes against Pakistani soldiers. Officials and congressional aides said ties have improved enough to allow the money to flow again.

Link

What the hell!!!!!

Its not Obama or the Pakistani Government who will be paying this $1.6 billion back but the average American.
edit on 19-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

What happened to "we are too broke to operate our own parks or pay our own government workers"?
What a load of ****. While we're at it, can we also stop sending Israel money? They use it to destabilize half the world and to support apartheid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join