It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Achieve Full Enlightenment in 3 Years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

hi,

I am enjoying the reading.

Is is possible that you can put everything is 1 PDF file and provide a link to it?

I try do to comprehend all your wisdom.

Many thanks

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Sahabi writes:-

"Animals do indeed have as much sentience and divine spark as we humans. Animals throughout the various levels, groups, and species have exhibited remarkable attributes that mankind has always assumed and attributed to as being "strictly human". Such things as memory, emotion, mourning, language, communication, shared/taught culture, societal structures, architecture, problem solving, tool usage, planning/premeditation, agriculture, farming, etc. "

Thank you for expressing this so clearly.
Once understood, knowledge like this changes the world for the individual.
Surely changing the world without upsetting the furniture is an act of great kindness?

I wonder if you share the view I have, that sentience goes down to the atomic level, since all matter is consciousness in physical form?
The discovery of quantum entanglement hints at this for me.

The reason I ask, is that it seems to me that an awareness of the sentience of all matter is an essential requirement for anyone wishing to realise their potential. It reinforces our sense of wonder, and reminds us of the respect our environment deserves.

Having very much enjoyed your posts on this thread, I send my thanks; and I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the above.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

pheonix358
Seriously, I do not believe that we have three years!

The SHTF will come sooner than that therefore we just don't have the time.

When I die, I have a good few questions to ask Him, like how He let this crap keep going. Please don't list the normal responses. Much evil has been done in His name and I expect Him to control those that lead in His name. If the bloody Almighty can't keep His church leaders in line with all of His Divine Power not to mention his Angelic Flying Assault Forces (The AFAF) then what hope do us mere mortals have in keeping the politicians in line. He has failed us!

Since he is A know it all, he saw this outcome coming and just let it happen. Not good!

P

Whoa--no, no, no.

God gave each of us the gift of free will. He promised to keep his hands off, to let us make our own mistakes, to enable us to go through our own developmental path. This is all a wonderful game we're playing, a spiritual furnace where we can transmute ourselves to purest gold or crumble down into blackest ash. And we alone have the CHOICE to determine whether to evolve to higher Godlike states or sink down into bestial animalistic slaves to instinct and desire.

The evils you see occurring on earth are NOT the fault of God. They're the fault of the people who make the CHOICE to commit those evils.

Yes, God could stop those evils from happening. But he promised us absolute free will--not conditional free will where we can do whatever we want until He doesn't like it anymore.

God gave everyone the gift of life, the gift of choice. We're all here to learn and grow; and yes, sometimes to suffer. It's all a learning experience to refine the soul.

And how you use those priceless gifts--and whether you learn those spiritual lessons and evolve yourself to higher states--is all up to you.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The will is free but who's will is it?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I would like to thank you for this post. It resonated within me in a positive way. I will read these chapters over until I fully understand the practices.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

"I wonder if you share the view I have, that sentience goes down to the atomic level, since all matter is consciousness in physical form?"

Hello, and may Peace be with you mistersmith!

I absolutely concur! We, humans, are to the macro-cosmos, what our blood cells are to us. It is to my understanding/realization/experience that absolutely everything in the micro, macro, cosmic, and quantum consists of and emanates from consciousness. There are entire universes within cells, molecules, elements, and subatomic particles.

It is also to my kgnowing [gnosis] that All of this plethora of micro and macro consciousness is fully inter-connected and unified as One.

" It reinforces our sense of wonder, and reminds us of the respect our environment deserves."

It sure does! When we realize that all of existence is a vast mesh of relationships, inter-connections, dependencies, and share origins and arisings,... respect and wonder should stir within one's self. And in such realization, we may also realize the Self/Divine/God/One within and outside of everything,.... from here, a deep rooted and natural Love blossoms.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
With all due respect but I found this post to be more confusing than enlightening. Too much definitions, technicalities and hierarchies, too much mixing of different terminologies and religions.

I believe the truth to be more simple. All true masters managed to put it in simple words and simple practices. I don't believe that enlightenment is a philosophy, a mental exercise, a theory, a cocktail of religions. It's more like an escape from all this mental craziness.

When you drop all your ideas, fantasies and projections about who you are and what freedom is and remain completely empty, this is freedom. - Mooji

Zen masters say " don't seek the truth; just drop your opinions". I totally agree with them.

“Samsara is the mind turned outwardly, lost in its projections. Nirvana is the mind turned inwardly, recognizing its true nature.”

See? Very simple, very peaceful. We just need to give up all those enlightenment recipes and whatever theories we may have about truth; and the truth will shine out by itself.

Poem
by Lama Gendun Rimpoche

Happiness is not to be found with many efforts or will,
but is here, nearby, in your relaxing and surrendering.
Don't worry, there is nothing to be done.
Everything that comes up to your mind has no importance because it has no reality.
Don't conceive any attachment for it.
Don't judge yourself.
Let it be.
Let it come up and down without changing a thing.
It all vanishes and begins again, endlessly.
Nothing but the quest for happiness prevents us from seeing it.
It is like a rainbow that one is always chasing without ever reaching it.
It is because it has no existence.
It has always been here and goes with you all the time.
Don't believe in the reality of experiences, good or bad.
They are like rainbows.
Because we want to grasp what is not to be grasped,
We exhaust our strength in vain.
As soon as we relinquish our hold, space is here, open, welcoming & comfortable.
So, do enjoy it.
Everything is yours already.
Stop searching.
Don't go into the jungle to look for the elephant that is quietly waiting for you at home.
There is nothing to do.
There is nothing to force.
There is nothing to desire.
And all comes by itself.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

Very wonderful content to add to the thread's discussion.

It is true,... all rationalizations, conceptualizations, reasonings, explanations, words, ideas, and imaginings can never contain the true 'essence' of 'what is', or the state of 'being'.

However, just as scientific and academic methods help to lend an understanding into the concepts that they explore,... so to can the ancient meanderings of ancient and present mystics help us to understand the physical, mental, emotional, and conscious perceptions that we experience as human beings.

These are two, inter-woven disciplines: The tranquil and unified "Is", "Am", "Being",... and the human relative-subjective experience of this life's existence. Both hold deep value.

May Peace be upon you my brother/sister

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I find that this thread has devolved into something hilarious without trying to be. A must read. I had a question for Ctophil, but I guess I'll pass. I agree with someone else that your philosophy of enlightenment is like a mishmash of other ideas. It leads me to realize that human beings while here on this earth are merely grasping. It's rare for anyone to have any revolutionary, groundbreaking idea on the subject of spirituality. The most groundbreaking such thing I've ever heard is that of Seth (medium: Jane Roberts). However, he claims to be discarnate. OP, if I were you I would research Seth. I've been studying Seth for ten plus years and feel that if I had taken him more seriously, I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in right now. Passing for a JW, that is. I'm obviously speaking against them, unbeknownst to them.

I wouldn't say that they are wrong. They strictly adhere to the Bible. But I've done research since being baptized, and have found out that the Bible has been severely edited. If anyone wants to argue with me about that, then I'll just end the conversation here. So don't be surprised if I do.

Before even attempting to argue with me about the Bible, I suggest you read On Mankind: Their Origin and Destiny by Arthur Dyot. David Icke references the book in a book of his that I cannot remember (I'm not a die-hard David Icke fan.).
edit on bMon, 21 Oct 2013 19:03:53 -0500pm293America/Chicago10pmMonday21America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: Trying hard to deflect an argument. I can't stand people who argue.

edit on bMon, 21 Oct 2013 19:08:00 -0500pm293America/Chicago10pmMonday21America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: Possible grammatical error.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

WhiteHat
With all due respect but I found this post to be more confusing than enlightening. Too much definitions, technicalities and hierarchies, too much mixing of different terminologies and religions.

I believe the truth to be more simple. All true masters managed to put it in simple words and simple practices. I don't believe that enlightenment is a philosophy, a mental exercise, a theory, a cocktail of religions. It's more like an escape from all this mental craziness.

When you drop all your ideas, fantasies and projections about who you are and what freedom is and remain completely empty, this is freedom. - Mooji

Zen masters say " don't seek the truth; just drop your opinions". I totally agree with them.

“Samsara is the mind turned outwardly, lost in its projections. Nirvana is the mind turned inwardly, recognizing its true nature.”

See? Very simple, very peaceful. We just need to give up all those enlightenment recipes and whatever theories we may have about truth; and the truth will shine out by itself.

Poem
by Lama Gendun Rimpoche

Happiness is not to be found with many efforts or will,
but is here, nearby, in your relaxing and surrendering.
Don't worry, there is nothing to be done.
Everything that comes up to your mind has no importance because it has no reality.
Don't conceive any attachment for it.
Don't judge yourself.
Let it be.
Let it come up and down without changing a thing.
It all vanishes and begins again, endlessly.
Nothing but the quest for happiness prevents us from seeing it.
It is like a rainbow that one is always chasing without ever reaching it.
It is because it has no existence.
It has always been here and goes with you all the time.
Don't believe in the reality of experiences, good or bad.
They are like rainbows.
Because we want to grasp what is not to be grasped,
We exhaust our strength in vain.
As soon as we relinquish our hold, space is here, open, welcoming & comfortable.
So, do enjoy it.
Everything is yours already.
Stop searching.
Don't go into the jungle to look for the elephant that is quietly waiting for you at home.
There is nothing to do.
There is nothing to force.
There is nothing to desire.
And all comes by itself.

The one mentor I ever had...the cranky stubborn old sea biscuit always said this, "if zen is so wonderful why have tens of millions devoted their lives to it; with limited or no results." He let me have no peace until I gave him a great answer. He was the same way with yoga, kabbalah, hermetics the new age stuff and all the rest.

I'm very grateful to him

KPB

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

The one mentor I ever had...the cranky stubborn old sea biscuit always said this, "if zen is so wonderful why have tens of millions devoted their lives to it; with limited or no results." He let me have no peace until I gave him a great answer. He was the same way with yoga, kabbalah, hermetics the new age stuff and all the rest.

Could it be that we are too focused on the map, directions, road-signs, and destination,... that we become distracted from the journey its self?

We cling to edicts, teachings, sayings, concepts, preconditionings, and preconceptions. We fall into the illusion that the very belief-systems, philosophies, ideologies, and practices become our realities,... while we become unmidnful of the ever-present Truth that is "staring us right in the face."

Peace!

edit on 10/21/13 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Have you considered that anyone who could credibly answer
this type of question might have worked for most of a lifetime
to find their answer, and might not want to discuss it as an
'oh by the way..' I was scratching my ass and oh you want to
know that?

;-)

I'm not being mean I hope.

Perhaps, if you really want an answer, you might search
for it a bit.. or think about it a bit.. then maybe if you
posted a question to others about this.. your own thread
with your own reputaton on the line.. then maybe if
someone knew the answer, or at least a 'good' answer,
maybe they might be inclined to share that with you.
Might lead to a wonderful discussion with various
people contributing their piece of the puzzle.

Just a suggestion.

KPB

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I really enjoy that. Excellent response. It seems naïve to think that we can shake and bake our way to enlightenment. I feel that even the term enlightenment is suspect. I feel that at any moment every being holds its own brand of enlightenment and yet I feel that we are on an endless quest in which any idea of an arrival is simply false and basically misunderstood. It's very simplistic to think that way. You seem to be aware of a lot of interesting systems of thought, however I would say that you have a lot to experience -- spiritually. I don't want to judge, but if none of what we're saying makes sense to you, than there's a good chance that you have at least one more lifetime to fulfill your obligation (to the OP).

I seem to be having trouble typing my words, is anybody else having any problems? Wheww...that was hard work!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

Jesus cheated, as he wasn't a man like we are. He was a superhero of sorts, part God part man, or whatever. Krishna was straight up God in a man's body, or so that's my limited understanding. I'm not so familiar with Muhammad. I've never heard of Qui-Gon-Ginn. Now, it took Buddha thousands and thousands of years (or more?) to achieve enlightenment.

So when I read that we can all achieve enlightenment in 3 years, I'm instantly skeptical. To me, it's like throwing someone in prison for life, but they can be pardoned if they find the secret door. I'm not convinced we're all here to become "enlightened" anyway. Maybe I incarnated here to play the fiddle or learn about spotted owls?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

GEmersonBiggins
reply to post by ctophil

Jesus cheated, as he wasn't a man like we are. He was a superhero of sorts, part God part man, or whatever. Krishna was straight up God in a man's body, or so that's my limited understanding. I'm not so familiar with Muhammad. I've never heard of Qui-Gon-Ginn. Now, it took Buddha thousands and thousands of years (or more?) to achieve enlightenment.

So when I read that we can all achieve enlightenment in 3 years, I'm instantly skeptical. To me, it's like throwing someone in prison for life, but they can be pardoned if they find the secret door. I'm not convinced we're all here to become "enlightened" anyway. Maybe I incarnated here to play the fiddle or learn about spotted owls?

An interesting post.

Yah, 'enlightenment' is a human-created game. Should there be any genuinely
'enlightened' people in human history, then maybe that 'enlightenment' hadn't
been sought at all.. that it was a misunderstood side-effect for something else.

And it is human arrogance and delusion that humans can wrest anything of this
type 'from the universe', if the requried factors are not already present, or
falling into place. Why perhaps, it's a matter of humans working with nature,
and not against nature.. maybe that's why it's so rare... I mean, whomever
has 'worked with nature'? That's been incredibly rare for a very long time.

Of course maybe if someone asked.. maybe someone or something might
answer. Hard to say.

KPB

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

vnmusic
reply to post by ctophil

hi,

I am enjoying the reading.

Is is possible that you can put everything is 1 PDF file and provide a link to it?

I try do to comprehend all your wisdom.

Many thanks

Of course, my friend. Here is the link for you to download the PDF file: PDF Version. Once you have clicked on the link, you can go to file and download from there. I'm sure this will be easier for anyone who wants to print it out.

To everybody else who have found this thread helpful or otherwise, I would like to acknowledge your comments and gratitude. Do remember that I have written this thread with a few layers of deeper meanings, so please read it more than once and use your intuition to understand its symbolism. The more you practice seeing sight beyond sight, the more your inner being will awaken. This applies to any spiritual material you read. Take care and God speed.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

A fellow brother was simply sharing a view, no intention to pry the discussion between you and your mentor, that is for your benefit. Perhaps you will recognize the next vehicle. May Peace and Happiness be with you.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Sahabi

A fellow brother was simply sharing a view, no intention to pry the discussion between you and your mentor, that is for your benefit. Perhaps you will recognize the next vehicle. May Peace and Happiness be with you.

Thanks for your reply.
I have a thing which I do, which can certainly be a fault. I tend to
'talk past the person/poster, to a possibly larger, interested
audience. Sometimes when I do this, I come across wrong to
the person, or in fact am 'wrong'; meaning my approach is too
one-size-fits-all; which is something I don't care for in anyone,
least of all me.

My apologies to anyone I have wronged in this way, and I will
keep a better eye out!

That said, I'm always a bit dismayed by the lack of focused
questions and the apparent low desire to get those questions
answered.

Thanks for being my brother too.

KPB

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Don't get me wrong brother

I am not an opponent to the op, nor a dissenter. The op is a wonderful expression with more truth than err. The minor points of rebuttal in my replies are simply a personal variation of the same Truth.

Where the op placed time-frames, expectations, and a statement towards the strict adherence of the op material in order to experience fruition,... I simply interjected the age-old Jain concept of Anekantavad, or which I prefer to call, "relative-subjectivity."

I am in mutual agreement and understanding to the bulk of the op. I only leave the statements which avoid relative-subjectivity (Anekantavad).

May Peace be upon you my dear brother.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

The self deludes so it is up to the self to liberate.

Whether a god exists or not is irrelevant to this process, the first cause stretches further back than our container allows comprehension for, it creates a discrimination of is or is not... when neither matter in liberation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join