It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Achieve Full Enlightenment in 3 Years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

pheonix358
I think if one of my children was slaughtering my other children then yes I should intervene. If I see the child I left in charge killing millions in My name then yes I should intervene.

It is a lot different to dropping a glass of milk.

Make the excuses you want for God's inaction. They do not hold up to scrutiny.

Sometimes you gotta let the kids just fight it out and get it out of their system.

Especially when they've got infinite lives to do it.

Not believing they do is quite effective despite the seeming tragedy... because when someone believes they have only one life it motivates personal growth more than anything else.

That is the ultimate gift of materialism to spirituality.
edit on 19-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

The sufferings caused by humans are a direct result of each individual human forgetting, ignoring, or in ignorance of the Divine/God/Self within themselves and all of the "outer others".

Peace.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

The closest thing to enlightenment was probably when you said "whatever".

Everything else in your multi-post is just a rehash.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
How to Achieve Full Enlightenment in 3 Years?

Stay off the internet and TV for 3 years!!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

Ctophil, you have ascribed a gender to your God.
Unfortunately such a fundamental misunderstanding completely negates the value of your comments.

You regurgitate material you've collected along the way, without much discernment -- mixing Christian myth with new-age concepts like enlightenment.

Your obvious desire to teach others is egotistical, but you have much to learn, and more importantly, much to forget.
There are no teachers ctophil -- we are all here to learn.

You try hard to impress, with what you imagine to be wise words.
Let others evaluate your worth.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

You seriously fail your subject headline. You grab our attention, but you provide nothing of value except your narrow view of enlightenment and a whole list of pre-accepted requirements to make it so.

What you have done is to similar to what has been done to a basic belief in God by all religions. You take that one single, special process and put it at the top of a whole host of conditional and arbitrary nonsense created by men in charge of any one of those religions. The goal is valid and reachable, and details such as you overly elaborate upon as necessary can/may work, but they are totally unnecessary and dysfunctional to that goal. Worse, if you have in mind aspects of that goal before you reach it, your understanding of that goal is forever tainted and influenced by those prior beliefs. That is putting the cart before the horse.

Enlightenment is very similar to a sexual climax: the pinnacle of experiencing itself can't be explained except you can talk about various ways to achieve it. You can take decades to learn the process or not. One thing that you absolutely do not need is a set regime of texts, rules, religious leaders, Zen masters to produce that effect. Nor do you need to start with an over-reaching cosmic view of everything. The most minimum instructions for learning the process of enlightenment the better. As a former practitioner of Transcendental Meditation, my personal view is that it is ideal for Westerns. It teaches the simple steps of effortless meditation without the need to grapple with the intermix of strong Eastern religions. What you find there and sort out entirely on your own can only be truth and light. There is no dark side to enlightenment.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think we get nerfed somewhat when we come in here, as we're acorns or slivers of self, but the layers to our Infinite selves are still there and with allignment to the good, ie being of Like Mind with HS and God is what breaks down the veils between those layers.

What I think is that if your recording of your life was shown, for example, and then you experience de je vu in parts of it here, because you have viewed some of it ahead of time, then you are on target with the neutral aspect, but what we're meant to do is awaken Spirit and Mind within this recording, seek more and awaken, and go beyond the neutral coloring of the page, ie. put more of our HS and Source/God into our days. And its not forcing our awareness or pineal or insight open on low frequency but working on overcoming ourselves, meditating to be more in the moment and able to overcome impulses of anger and animal needs and wants, and gain higher mind, and altruism, caring about others. As we do this overcoming the ego we refine our connection to Love (and that is so divided in what we think of as ego, I don't mean anything that empowers a person, I believe we're all people too, ego is to me, that which clings to the world and body and selfish things as opposed to being yourself, and thinking of others. ego is not to me, being yourself, or forced to play very small and timid, but one who is walking on others, or bleieves they're in a special group, would be being ego based).

Its really all about Love and we're all Light and connected to the light and need to remember this.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I also have to give a standing ovation for this thread. Will need to read this many times. Very very well done.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

Since you are teaching us I assume you think that you are enlightened?

I have a rule that says when people use the word enlightened they sure aren't anything like it.

Messiah complex much?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewSense

Sharing a lifetime of knowledge in a well written style is not the same as having a messiah complex. No one can save you. You have to go within to overcome this world and self.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Unity_99

Sharing a lifetime of knowledge in a well written style is not the same as having a messiah complex.

It does if you take on the role of a messiah in the process.

No one can save you. You have to go within to overcome this world and self.

Yes there is no spoon, see, I am enlightened too.

How bout a standing ovulation?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

How about less condescension?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Off course I am talking down, you see, I am enlightened so I am talking from an elevated position to people that are in an abyss.

Frankly I am surprised the information even reached you down there.

I can teach you to climb up here in a mere three years though.

Interested?

Wait, first I have to pee of this ledge right here.

edit on 19-10-2013 by TheNewSense because: spelling

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Should've known I couldn't take anyone in this thread seriously. Oh well. Toodles!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Bookmarked and will read later. (I know, I hate such comments too
- but I remember some of your posts are really good and full of wisdom.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Standing ovation is for a very well written thread that explains quite well soul/spirit/and the various layers of self. I knew it was consciousness and mind, but some refer to it as body. This was formed for our journey and much better ones await.

Its an outstanding thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh come on, I'm super cereal!

Got milk?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

It takes much creativity and effort to write such an in depth post. For that you should be commended.

Except I disagreed with most of it.

Before we go into this philosophy, I will give you more practical knowledge. Each of us are born into a physical body for a reason. There are people who believe that life is just the physical. There is nothing that exist beyond death, beyond your body, and some will even say God doesn't exist. Yet all three of these theories are unreal, based on ignorance without even realizing that it is a lack of knowledge. But you ask, "I don't see God so therefore He doesn't exist." This is like saying air doesn't exist because I don't see it. The basics of science says that air is basically a less dense form of water. And then, you have water or liquid is a less dense form of solid matter. They are just different forms of matter, different transformations from the same source.

I am told that there is more beyond death and the body based solely on the presupposition that "even though we can't see it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist." I am told that it is ignorance and lack of knowledge to not follow this presupposition. The problem with using air as an analogy for God is that air can be felt, heard, smelled and tasted, so we know air exists even though we cannot see it.

My first question is, if you haven't been able to see, hear, feel, smell, or taste God, how have you concluded that God exists?

Second, if you are not dead, how do you know that there is something beyond death and the body?

And lastly, what is ignorant and "lack of knowledge " about suspending judgement?

Thank you for your time. Since you are enlightened, these questions should be of little concern.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Standing ovation is for a very well written thread that explains quite well soul/spirit/and the various layers of self.

I do agree with some of the stuff he says but the concepts are nothing new at all and I would have presented it differently and would have never used the word enlightened.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Actually, this is what enlightenment means.

Overcoming lower primitive mind and attaining higher mind, and becoming Christed. Going from being the son/daughter of man to the Son/Daughter of God. Our Higher Selves basically. Of Good Heart. Love and Peace and of the vibration or frequency of HS and God/Family. We have to become the same mindset and frequency as the Mind we left to go back home. That means helping others and being kind, LOVE.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join