It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion — tops $17 trillion for first time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Remaining ignorant is much easier. I wouldn't expect much from your coworker. I hope I am wrong though.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

w810i
So theoretical question here. Suppose that by some act of who knows what (no defaults,or resets) American was able to go to from 17 trillion in debt to 0 in debt or heaven forbid into the uncharted green, how exactly would that change everyday life? All I hear is debt,debt,debt what is the flipside of the coin?

Well your taxes would drop 5-10%. That would mean a lot more spending money. That would mean moremoney into the economy. That would mean a stronger America.

In order to accomplish this they would have to stop giving things away for free in order to buy votes. So it won't happen.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Aces and eights. I did just check the debt clock and it is at 17 trillion and some change.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
They were over the debt limit for some time, they just finally acknowledged it because now they could legally do so .
Just like they had to shut down hut really didn't. The government does lots of things they shouldn't do and doesn't do lots of things they're supposed to do.
Now we can drive the country into bankruptcy ASAP and then sell it off to the highest bidder( the Chinese, Bilderburg and the Federal reserve).

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

When debt is destroyed (i.e. payed off), money is destroyed. So if our debt went to zero, we'd have no money, i.e. dollars. Sounds crazy I know. Watch this video and if you understand it, you'll see the world in an entirely different way.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Well gee, since the Treasury had been magically reporting the debt as 25 mil less than the limit for over 100 days straight, what did you think would happen when the lifted the so-called limit.

Are people really that dense?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by CranialSponge

It's better than that it's like having a pair of deuces in the hole and going all in ...lol

2nd line darn it ...why ,why ?
edit on 18-10-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

They're forgetting the cardinal rule....never go all in with no outs....

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What did you get for your $328 billion on Thursday, though ?

You could've bought 25 of these ...

150 of these ...

7.3 billion of these ...

What did you get for that kinda money, exactly ... and is there an inflationary effect with that, at all ?

Questions questions ... wish I knew more about basket case economics.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Good job Murica. Now all we gotta do is cut the politicians some bonuses and cut our own jobs to part time. Hell yeah! I can't wait to have all of that free time to explore my inner feelings.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I see that we have a debt problem and I think this is an issue, but some people think it is not? So let's say that we are $17 trillion dollars in debt.

We are obviously not going to pay back the money. Is there something else worth $17 trillion dollars that we either are participating in at the moment or are going to pay back later? I mean, this is more than a possibility, as everything in life tends to balance out.

Money is not always going to be repaid with money, like when I pay someone $20.00 and they mow my lawn, it is repaid by work hours. But the general rule is that it gets repaid somehow, and I suspect with a number like $17 trillion, that would be the case, somehow I doubt that amount would be overlooked.

I mean in my case, I'll let someone borrow money from me, but I start to get a bit edgy after it's over $100, and I'm a nice guy.

Does anyone know of any kind of alternative ways we are repaying our debt?
edit on 19-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Right after the IMF raised the debt ceiling - the US gave Pakistan 1.6 billion dollars in "aid" - and now pakistan is firing bullets at India. Remember the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) want to trade oil in something other than the USD, and they are forming a rival world bank to the IMF.

Paybacks? Who are america's friends - and who are our enemies, these days?

I thought we were for India?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
U. S. debt is a huge joke.

It can't go down.

Now, the thing is: who founded the Treasury? What does it have to do with the increasing surveillance state? Creating a Presidents' "slush fund"? Huh? Oh, right. COG. The shutdown was a drill! For the real shutdown coming next, which the Obama administration will have to handle, and Obama will be the scapegoat (or savior?).

Yeah, it's a conspiracy. But hey, conspiracies are real. Look at the Wall Street Journal: "Bankers Raise Fear Over U. S. Default". How many bankers, again? How many politicians involved? And the World on the brink? Of course, China nails it (it's on RT.com somewhere): the Republicans held the world hostage for a couple of weeks. America knows it, but they can't admit it.

It's combined disasters. They're here, no matter what happens next. Then it's anonymous power grid takedown with an "alien interference" twist, and God knows what happens then.

Be aware...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Watch this video, I'm reposting it cause is a MUST-SEE. Stop let TPTB begging you with this fraudolent money system!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

SomeoneWatching
U. S. debt is a huge joke.

It can't go down.

And this is by design.

So those of you who keep screaming cut spending...understand that driving this bus off of the cliff was always the intended result, from the moment the Federal Reserve Act was passed.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Honestly its getting to the point where it's insulting to our intelligence.

Its like they think we are too stupid to notice that every is about to fall apart.

The real insult too intelligence is to believe that this money actually exists, just who would 'loan" money to someone that can never pay it back ?

And who is it that has all this money to lend out ?

It seems a real look into the inner workings of this planet would be in order, cause this makes less sense than anything.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Two words.

1. Pride
2. Icarus

We know what happens to both.

Bon vayage USA. nice knowing ya!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The only way out of this hole is for your country to declare bankruptcy. Pull an Iceland and / or New Zealand economic coup and tell the money lenders to get out. It's a mess and all the repercussions will likely send the whole world into a depression that will make the dirty 30's look like a cake walk.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

people still keep track is this? Thought it was given up on and just cared naught about such things anymore. Haven't been here in a few months and things seem to not change one bit. Only thing this site is good for is our vociferousness.

good day.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
How can anything politicians do surprise the people anymore...seriously??

Lying cheating robbing even killing there is only one thing a politician could do right now that would blow my mind with shock and that is to do the right thing by the people...You know their job what we are paying them to do.

Sigh..

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What is needed is simply a "Shock and Awe" to corporations inside America. Make import taxes so insanely high that fiscally it becomes unsound, and the production becomes more financially sound to begin anew the industrial revolution inside America

....whoa just blacked out there for a second. Did I say something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join