It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of those that voted for Default

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Darkmask
People just don't get it. There is no debt. The money that is owed is worthless. its just an idea. Its not backed by anything of worth. Switch currencies, stop printing federal reserve notes, problem solved. It really can be that simple.

Some do.

The problem is blind ignorance perpetrated by people's ego's to pick a side, and let themselves be fooled by the lie's, and propaganda.

Some people love to believe in Santa, The Tooth-Fairy, democrats, republicans, and The Easter Bunny because they will always give us gifts.

Empowering oneself is a scary thing for most to do, instead of giving that power to a bunch of corrupt liars and scam artists. What the ego will always tell people that buy into the BS is, "It's the other side that did it", but let the truth be know the only fool is the one they look at every day in the mirror.

Peace,

RT
edit on 18-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

abacus10
NO THEY DID NOT VOTE FOR DEFAULT, THEY VOTED FOR ZERO INCREASE IN THE DEBT CEILING.

The ONLY long term solution is for Obama to stop squandering cash and balance the budget, but it is one that he refuses to consider even to exist.

Had to quote you, to give this first line a big applause!

If only we the people could live this way....unlimited spending, and then borrowing whatever we need from Kinko's printing to pay the interest. Rack up a debt we could never in a million lifetimes repay, while still adding to that debt everyday forward, not be held accountable for it and then leave the debt in our children's name.

Anyone that thinks it makes any sense to agree to spend our way our of debt when we clearly have shown that is not attainable, is complicit in this atrocity.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you are not an Economist, then don't make statements about Default. Have you crunched all the numbers? Done your research? Do you know all the language of the constitution, and how this relates to paying our bills? Probably not!

News flash...WE ARE BROKE AND ARE ONLY PRINTING MONEY TO KEEP THIS WHOLE GAME AFLOAT. Your Democrats can't save you from all the social spending that THEY have done(Detroit ANYONE....oh wait, that was Bush's fault). That is what is going to bring the US to it's knees......UNFUNDED LIABILITIES!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Mine made the list, but I have a feeling he doesn't realize it's impossible for us to get out of debt.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Heroes every one of them, need more with strength to vote for us.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JWB408

How dare tell the obtuse in the nation that we are broke, hell that is why we got our own Treasury Department that as long we got ink to print monopoly money we are the riches nation in the world

Sarcasm all this.

Yes you are right and thanks for that post.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Default is the only way. Good for them (thumbs up emot)

Ex

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I just wrote the name they call themselves.
That isn't racist,although their actions
Might say otherwise.
You might want to google german history
Prior to the brown shirt rise to fame ,though.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Indigo5

Wait, Obama hasn't passed a budget his entire Presidency and you are blaming this on the Republicans? Ok you need to stop with the dishonesty now. Obama presided over a supermajority at the beginning of his presidency and he STILL didn't pass a budget. So seriously stop.

here's each year Obama has sent his budget to congress:
www.gpo.gov... esults=true&ycord=0

from that point on the congress takes on the responsibility as shown here:
nationalpriorities.org...

what you are saying is just not true, or at the very least a mis-representation of the budget process. he has to follow the procedure just like every other president that came before him

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

tinyDAWK
reply to post by Indigo5

i think this is a treasonous concept...to throw the U.S. and all of it's citizens into such a financial collapse, is a threat made most often by our enemies, and should not be taken seriously or given any consideration by an American citizen.
although there are problems with controlling our debt, there are reasonable solutions that would not destroy the living standards of hundreds of millions of people. this type of simple-minded logic is destructive to any discussion of this magnitude concerning the finances of America

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

JWB408
If you are not an Economist, then don't make statements about Default. Have you crunched all the numbers? Done your research? Do you know all the language of the constitution, and how this relates to paying our bills? Probably not!

News flash...WE ARE BROKE AND ARE ONLY PRINTING MONEY TO KEEP THIS WHOLE GAME AFLOAT. Your Democrats can't save you from all the social spending that THEY have done(Detroit ANYONE....oh wait, that was Bush's fault). That is what is going to bring the US to it's knees......UNFUNDED LIABILITIES!!!!

so?...how many would you like to see die from cuts to medical care?.......you can start at the baseline number of 45,000, which is reported here by the CDC....
www.dailykos.com...#

how many more would be acceptable to you??

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Glad mine voted NO to destroying America

Sad to many YES to destroying America

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by Indigo5

If only there were more, I tip my hat to the brave few who seek to face the music, lance the boil and begin our national healing.

I couldn't agree more! I'm actually surprised there were this many on the list. Some hope is better than none. Then again, "some" support (e.g. Rand Paul) will never get you a seat as POTUS.

I'm about ready to vote for anyone/everyone that DOES NOT have a (D) or an (R) next to their name. I also strongly support the idea of eliminating parties completely. When I apply for a job, my employer doesn't ask what my personal beliefs are. So WTF are we doing asking for it in this instance?

The ONLY thing my employer cares about, above my education, how many hours I work per week, and even experience, is GETTING THE JOB DONE.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
never understood how people think that, incurring more debt helps to get you out of debt.
and attack those who say, you can't barrow yourself out of debt.

go to your creditors and tell them that you want to raise your debt, with out enough income or assets to cover what debt you already have.

So, I've tried my hardest to stay out of the political snake pit, but this is screaming for a reply. Government debt and civilian debt are like apples and oranges. Just one example, putting aside all unnecessary spending (whatever you define as such), necessary budgeting, and questionable foreign aid, the government could theoretically very easily borrow themselves out of debt if that money (or a portion of it) were reinvested into STEM research, and education. More money in these areas would result in people with higher intelligence and more possibility, and frequency, for scientific breakthroughs, which could provide a HUGE return on investment in the long - and short - term.

America needs to stop thinking that outsourcing manufacturing is the problem because, in a capitalist economy, it's a losing battle when there are other countries - all quality control remarks aside - that have better manufacturing resources to do it cheaper (see China and their abundantly cheap human resources). America should be coming up with the ideas, that's the real goldmine.
edit on 19-10-2013 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thepainweaver

THis is true.

Which is kind of ironic. US "supremacy" arose from the import of German scientists. The role of Germany, sans the desire for world domination, could have been exactly that: "the guys who came up with the ideas". And good Lord did they ever come up with ideas. It was a time and place of proficient brilliance.

That would require a culture among our populace that just is not supported by the current political environment.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

jimmyx

tinyDAWK
reply to post by Indigo5

i think this is a treasonous concept...to throw the U.S. and all of it's citizens into such a financial collapse, is a threat made most often by our enemies, and should not be taken seriously or given any consideration by an American citizen.
although there are problems with controlling our debt, there are reasonable solutions that would not destroy the living standards of hundreds of millions of people. this type of simple-minded logic is destructive to any discussion of this magnitude concerning the finances of America

Look jimmy, I would love to hear your "reasonable" solutions if you actually have any.

From my point of view though, I'm some what in favor of default so my three children don't have to be slaves to this monetary policy that has plagued our country for 100 years.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Seems 90% on this thread are celebrating the destruction of America, not because they are educated and actually want that, but because a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

Surely those who voted for default are a threat to America? Because had they caused the U.S to default on it's debt repayment the cost of U.S borrowing (all money raised from issuing bonds) would have rocketed because that's what investors to do any bond issuer, developing a history of not repaying their bond debt.

Unfortunate Fact Is...
Had the U.S defaulted for even only a few weeks, the cost of borrowing would increase to the point where the amount of money paid-out in bond interest would rise to the point where America could not borrow any more money.
If America could only spend what it earns, it would be in a situation like Greece but worse (as that country still doesn't live within it's means).

What happened with Greece is it's government debt (bond) investors grew worried the Greek government would default on the cost of borrowing. This resulted in the Greek government cutting spending in order to live within their means, but that caused their economy great damage as it had long grown addicted to government borrowing. This damage, in turn increased investors risk that Greece would default.

Greece has a saviour in the form of the EU, America has a saviour called the dollar being the world's Reserve Currency -it's printing press being happily located in the Federal government which invests on behalf of American government.

Providing America does not default America will not experience a fraction of the suffering compared with what happens if it does. The only way out of America's present predicament is to gradually reduce spending by making the rate of increase in government spending, lower than the rate of increase in tax revenue. This can be started at almost any time, by any government.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Liberal1984
Seems 90% on this thread are celebrating the destruction of America, not because they are educated and actually want that, but because a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

Surely those who voted for default are a threat to America? Because had they caused the U.S to default on it's debt repayment the cost of U.S borrowing (all money raised from issuing bonds) would have rocketed because that's what investors to do any bond issuer, developing a history of not repaying their bond debt.

Unfortunate Fact Is...
Had the U.S defaulted for even only a few weeks, the cost of borrowing would increase to the point where the amount of money paid-out in bond interest would rise to the point where America could not borrow any more money.
If America could only spend what it earns, it would be in a situation like Greece but worse (as that country still doesn't live within it's means).

What happened with Greece is it's government debt (bond) investors grew worried the Greek government would default on the cost of borrowing. This resulted in the Greek government cutting spending in order to live within their means, but that caused their economy great damage as it had long grown addicted to government borrowing. This damage, in turn increased investors risk that Greece would default.

Greece has a saviour in the form of the EU, America has a saviour called the dollar being the world's Reserve Currency -it's printing press being happily located in the Federal government which invests on behalf of American government.

Providing America does not default America will not experience a fraction of the suffering compared with what happens if it does. The only way out of America's present predicament is to gradually reduce spending by making the rate of increase in government spending, lower than the rate of increase in tax revenue. This can be started at almost any time, by any government.

The only person who was threatening to default was Obama.

Apparently you're the one with too little knowledge.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Indigo5

You should clarify where the economic indicators are coming from. Left wing news sites and the White House. I'm sure they are anxious to downplay the lull in the recovery any way they can. Once you peal back the rhetoric, you see that the numbers aren't so great after all. Like that most new jobs are in the service sector, are part-time, and close to minimum wage; like the Stock Market being at an all time high, but that is only because of QE infinity; or housing prices climbing again, but that is only because banks are keeping large inventories of houses off of the market.

Of course if you weren't so blinded by your party loyalty, I wouldn't have to point this out to you. You'd already be aware that Obama is a habitual liar and obscures the truth all the time. I mean why else would the White House be touting the success of Obamacare due to the number of people signing up at Healthcare.gov, but at the same time be steadfastly refusing to release actual enrollment numbers?

But wait...Obamacare has created so many new jobs all by itself!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by abacus10

Is the President responsible for federal spending? Certainly he--or perhaps sometime she--proposes a budget to the Congress. But according to Article I, Section 9 of the Constitution, "No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law." Ultimately, then, the executive branch cannot spend a dime that has not been voted on by the U.S. Congress.
Bringing Accountability to the Budget Process

Article 1 Section 9 US Constitution

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join