It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are blacks not allowed to become true freemasons?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
My grandmother belonged to the Eastern Star which was the women's Masonic order,,,I think .

So here is the thing..Can a white man join the Black Panthers ?

Can a man join the Daughters of the American Revolution ?

THe Masons were for white men for hundreds of years until PC came along...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Wikipedia is not a valid source.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

These days, anything white was stolen by the whites from the blacks. It's called revisionist history.
edit on 10/17/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

geobro
has anyone with a sex change tried to get in a regular lodge / and a man/woman the eastern lodge interested to see the answer on this

Not that I've heard although that'd be an interesting Investigating Committee.

A strict reading of the requirements for membership wouldn't (IMHO) forbear a transgendered male from becoming a member insofar as he is now a man in the eyes of the law. I'd imagine that some of the older members of the lodge might take issue though.

It'd be most interesting to follow should the issue arise

Fitz

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Restricted

Wikipedia is not a valid source.

There's nothing wrong with Wikipedia as a source in my experience. Its only drawback is the occasional drive-by vandalism edit by a non-member which in my experience is corrected fairly quickly.

Fitz

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlynn

Women have their own org - the Order of the Eastern Star, which has an interesting LOGO of a pentagram.
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but midway through page 2 i noticed no masons coming in to "answer" the op's original question.
While I'm not a member of any Masonic organization, I was in Demolay (masons for kids club, kinda) chapter (Scottish Rite) in a small town near the border in NM as a teen in the late, late 80"s. I quit because we had invited a youth to join our "Lodge", and being a black kid (pretty rare in southern New Mexico at the time) the Lodge and our member wanted to welcome him with open arms, however, our national "charter" if you will, was threatened by decision makers out of state if we admitted a "colored person" to join our fraternal organization.
Wasn't too fraternal afterall, i decided, so i said Adios. Glad i did.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

duesprimusvictorimmortali
and then he told us that white masons were allowed in black lodges but blacks were not allowed in white lodges.

In New Jersey we have mutual amity which means we frequently visit each others lodges. I have been to Prince Hall degrees and when I was Master I had them to one of ours.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Saurus
Please define what you mean by high ranking.

I'll take a stab at that. Someone whom no more 'secrets' are kept from maybe?

The problem with the 'secret' system is that it not only applies to non-Masons, but also for you brethren that are content to be 'carrot-led' by degrees.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure y'all are fine chaps and all, but you really CAN'T say, with any certainty or credibility, what constitutes a 33rd, eh?

I mean, can a 33rd reveal to you lower-degrees what his 'secrets' are and not be in violation? Thusly and therefore, you can't speak for a 33rd and you don't know. Simple really.

BTW: Much respect to the Masons here who acknowledged there are some racism issues in some places. Kudos to you. You do your fraternity proud.

No respect for those who sidestepped it. Less for those that basically said, "One of my best friends is a black Mason and I invited him to our lodge once."

edit on 17-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

thanks

this is the kind of information i was looking for
edit on 17-10-2013 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: masons suck

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Those are just pesky facts though.

reply to post by NoRegretsEver

They can become Freemasons.

reply to post by Iamuniversalcreator

You say "we all know" when you should say "we all believe" as you really don't know about Freemasonry.

I do love though when anti-Masons call us sheep when they themselves are often nothing more than parrots.

reply to post by cathar

Men can join the OES as long as he is a Master Mason. I'm serving as Worthy Patron which is essentially the adviser to the Worthy Matron (head of the chapter).

reply to post by Restricted

LOL...thank you for PC BS.

reply to post by The GUT

What constitutes a 33rd? Well, that depends on what jurisdiction you are in, but the Scottish Rite is just one branch in Masonry.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Saurus

cathar

My great uncle was a 33rd degree Mason who died at age 94.

I don't get why you non-Masons always place such emphasis on numbers, or why you even feel the degrees done in a side order are even worth mentioning.

This is really the same as saying:

Your Great Uncle was a Master Mason, who happened to have done the Scottish Rite degrees too.

You say he was 33rd degree as if it means something...

Now if you said "My Great Uncle was an active district officer" or something like that, that would be much more meaningful as to his involvement in the Craft.
11 /22 /33 are all linked to the human body think the spine as you will know ? and the sun as above so below and all that jazz

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by duesprimusvictorimmortali

You would like this

edit on 18-10-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Its run of the mill answers like this that remind us all that for every truly important Mason knowing their true history, and making sure to keep it from others, will keep posers in the thousands, with snuggly titles, and endless nonsensical answers that will keep them satisfied, and the conspiracy going.

Peace, NRE.

(post by XXX777 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

NoRegretsEver
reply to post by KSigMason

Its run of the mill answers like this that remind us all that for every truly important Mason knowing their true history, and making sure to keep it from others, will keep posers in the thousands, with snuggly titles, and endless nonsensical answers that will keep them satisfied, and the conspiracy going.

Peace, NRE.

Since the OP has been answered and the thread is now being dragged into the bushes of Off-Topic bicker by a few posters, that the thread be closed or the OT posts be split-off into a new thread germane to their topic

Fitz

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

The old 'you're not high enough' conundrum. It's a slippery slope to be sure. I am only 32nd, so how could I possibly know what a 33rd knows? I couldn't. But then again, how could a non member know either?

I guess the secrets of the 33rd degree will be safe forever. ( I hear tell they immediately jump from a God loving life to worshiping Satan, Lucifer, Baal, Molech, Balphomet, and many other evil creatures) Then again, all the 33rd degree brothers that I know still go to the 1st Baptist Church and still seem nice enough. The "say" all of that is garbage. But who can believe them, after all, either they weren't let in on the secret, or they will lie to protect it. I suppose we will have to resort to reading those Christian sites to find the "real" truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

network dude
... I am only 32nd, so how could I possibly know what a 33rd knows? I couldn't. But then again, how could a non member know either?

Exactly! Simple logic really.

I I suppose we will have to resort to reading those Christian sites to find the "real" truth.

I don't frequent any sites like that. Are they good?

edit on 18-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Oh, and praytell, when were initiated into Freemasonry? My answer was honest and factual. You can try and denegrate, but the fact remains that what I said was true.

And also, who are these "truly important Masons"? Absolutely laughable. You have no idea where I sit within the Fraternity nor have you proven what I said was "run of the mill", but just poured out pure conjecture. I'd like to see some real fact not just hot air.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The GUT
I don't frequent any sites like that. Are they good?

It depends on what you like. If you are heavy into "facts", it may not be your thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

network dude
It depends on what you like. If you are heavy into "facts", it may not be your thing.

"Facts" are cool. Unlike blind obeisance and knee-jerk apologetics. Nothing wrong with palying dress-up and practicing occult/esoteric rituals if that's your thang...just admit that's a part of it, that's all. I can respect that.

Not really any doubt in that respect is there? Seriously, is there? Nope.

HaHa...you know I love ya, man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join