It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are blacks not allowed to become true freemasons?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Sauron
really
www.grandlodge.on.ca...

And to pile-on a bit, the Grand Director of Ceremonies is black and the DDGM in my district is black. Ontario has mutual recognition with the Prince Hall Grand Lodge although that amity is relatively recent (about 2000 IIRC).

Fitz

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

TheBaphomet
maybe because at one point in history freemasons were connected to the K.K.K ?

Maybe because that is an oft-trotted-out-always-disproved canard linking Albert Pike to the KKK (quite untrue BTW)

Fitz

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

blupblup
reply to post by duesprimusvictorimmortali

I'm not sure that it's to do with being "allowed", it's probably comparable to any other club, group or job.
How many high ranking black Politicians are there? Or how many Police Chiefs or DA's or many other groups.

A lot of it is to do with opportunity and yes, much is to do with institutional racism.... not overt, "I hate black people" racism... just "This is the way it's always been and we're not keen on change" racism.

Forgive me for being juvenile, but for some reason I can't help myself right now. In answer to your questions, the only thing I can think is, how does one know?

Ever hear the phrase, "Mama's baby; Papa's maybe?"

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If you want to know about "black Masons" might I suggest you look into the term "Moors" there you will find your answer.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Long, long story short.
My great uncle was a 33rd degree Mason who died at age 94. He was also an oil multi-millionaire.
A few weeks before he died circa 1977 he became very talkative . One of the many things he told me was his lodge excluded Blacks for a particular reason. I remembered the reason but was unable to confirm his story until I saw
Lloyd Pye give a slide presentation in central Texas in the mid 90s. The reason my great uncle told me can be found in the 13th paragraph from the top at this link. >> bigfootology.com...
@ Mods..please feel free to delete this post if it conflicts with forum guidelines.
edit on 17-10-2013 by cathar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

cathar

My great uncle was a 33rd degree Mason who died at age 94.

I don't get why you non-Masons always place such emphasis on numbers, or why you even feel the degrees done in a side order are even worth mentioning.

This is really the same as saying:

Your Great Uncle was a Master Mason, who happened to have done the Scottish Rite degrees too.

You say he was 33rd degree as if it means something...

Now if you said "My Great Uncle was an active district officer" or something like that, that would be much more meaningful as to his involvement in the Craft.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

If Freemasonary is constructed like a pyramid. The black masons mabey cant go above a certain degree level? Obviously the higher your level the more freedoms are available within the brotherhood.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

If Freemasonary is constructed like a pyramid.

It isn't.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
my father is a "master mason" 3rd level. (yes i know there are allegedly 33 levels if you join the scottish or york rite)
anyways my father told me that when he was new to the group an elder made a comment about the black masons not being "real masons". i never joined myself and my father hasn't told me any of their secrets even though i have pestered him about it for years. all he would ever tell me was "all i can tell you, son, is that it'll make you a better man."

anyway, my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

riffraff
(yes i know there are allegedly 33 levels if you join the scottish or york rite)

There are 99 degrees if you join the Ancient Egyptian rite. Why not choose this one if you want high numbers?

In practice, you only do three degrees in each of these side Orders - in York Rite you do the Royal Arch, the Cryptic and the Knights Templar. In the Scottish Rite you also do three, which happen to be called the 18th, the 30th and the 32nd. 33rd is pretty much the name of the long service award after you have stayed in the Order for several years.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

duesprimusvictorimmortali
Me and friends had a long conversation with a high ranking black mason. he told what was needed to become a black mason he said "you must be a christen and your wife has to agree with you becoming a mason". and then he told us that white masons were allowed in black lodges but blacks were not allowed in white lodges. he told us blacks could become free and accepted masons but not true freemasons.i know there are plenty on masons on this site are any willing to answer this question?

edit on 17-10-2013 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

Because we don't give you our secrets, if we did few years down the line you would be telling us we stole them from you....see were smart like that

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

duesprimusvictorimmortali
Me and friends had a long conversation with a high ranking black mason.

Please tell me - what is a high ranking black Mason?

Please define what you mean by high ranking.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Saurus

riffraff
(yes i know there are allegedly 33 levels if you join the scottish or york rite)

There are 99 degrees if you join the Ancient Egyptian rite. Why not choose this one if you want high numbers?

In practice, you only do three degrees in each of these side Orders - in York Rite you do the Royal Arch, the Cryptic and the Knights Templar. In the Scottish Rite you also do three, which happen to be called the 18th, the 30th and the 32nd. 33rd is pretty much the name of the long service award after you have stayed in the Order for several years.

it wasn't about high numbers. i did that for clarity. i didn't want anyone muddying the waters by saying he wasn't a true master because he was only 3rd degree. i didn't want anyone saying he doesnt know what their real agenda was because he was a lowly 3rd degree "master". no need for snootiness. i am only telling of my experience.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've always viewed black lodges as PC lodges which meet societal requirements for equality. I've never seen the Masons as anything other than a white organization.

I could be wrong, but that's my perspective.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Saurus

cathar

My great uncle was a 33rd degree Mason who died at age 94.

I don't get why you non-Masons always place such emphasis on numbers, or why you even feel the degrees done in a side order are even worth mentioning.

This is really the same as saying:

Your Great Uncle was a Master Mason, who happened to have done the Scottish Rite degrees too.

You say he was 33rd degree as if it means something...

Now if you said "My Great Uncle was an active district officer" or something like that, that would be much more meaningful as to his involvement in the Craft.

Sorry about that..I don't know that much about Masonry other than he was a Scottish Rite kind of Mason.
He grew up in poverty in Mississippi & Texas , served in World War One & had an oil field job waiting for him in south Texas
when he returned from France. Within ten years he was wealthy so he must have made some Masonic connections while in the Military....Because I don't see how he made all that money so fast without a lot of help. He paid for all his nieces & nephews & his grand nieces & grand nephews to go to college . But he was secretive about his early years in South Texas. His lodge was in San Antonio, Texas. [FWIW]
edit on 17-10-2013 by cathar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I know that the OP was waiting for an answer, and I have one here, from a Mason/Moor. I sent him this thread, and here is his response.

"That's funny because last week I affirm that I was discussing this very issue. Facts is, a freemason must be born free, of lawful age, and well recommended. Seeing that there is no such people on the planet in history called blacks, negro ( see the negro acts 1705 ), or clored people. That those are slave lables used to distinguish captured Moors, from free Moors ( see the sundry free Moors act 1790 ). So those melinated people who call them selves these names, are considered property of the state ( see US citizen : wheeling Steel corp v. Fox, 298 U.S. 193, 80LE.d. 1143). Thus the unratified 14th amendment and the promise of 40 acres and a mule to accept civil rights.

The above was a responce to this thread! Why are blacks not allowed to become true freemasons?, page 1"

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Why would anyone want to be a Mason anyway, when their supposed secrets are tainted truth we all know, but have forgotten thanks to a society who thinks.complexity is more important than simplicity, Secret Societies take common knowledge put a label on it, insert their own perception about the " common knowledge," and shazam!! You have a order who claims to have the secret to the whole universe, and then you have sheep who choose to follow that irder, because they dont know who they are as a person, the sheep has a sense that there is truth, but it always followd, instead of even considering a simple perspective, what if this truth i was looking for was akways there what if Iam the answer?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

network dude

Merlynn

Any women member?

Not that I want to join, just don't think there are and wonder why there isn't.

Regular masonry is a Fraternity. So no. There are irregular groups that allow women and there are even a few women members on this site. But as far as recognized masonry, no.
has anyone with a sex change tried to get in a regular lodge / and a man/woman the eastern lodge interested to see the answer on this

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Restricted
I've always viewed black lodges as PC lodges which meet societal requirements for equality. I've never seen the Masons as anything other than a white organization.

I could be wrong, but that's my perspective.

You are wrong and I'd love to know from whence your perspective is drawn? Even a cursory check on Wikipedia would have shown otherwise. Having attended a Prince Hall Initiation, I see no meaningful difference between their ritual and that of my lodge.

Fitz

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Here is quite an amusing vid, this black mason was accepted into the lodge only to later stand up and give a speech on how white people stole masonry from black people...you can just feel the awkwardness in the room...wonder how far he went up the ranks after that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join