It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Senate is Voting Now on a Debt Deal ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Live feed on Politico website;
Senate floor Live

They are voting on the first part (cloture) and will vote again.

Then the House gets the bill.

The House can amend or vote clean.

*The Word* is the House will pass !!!

Updated: 10/16/13 6:02 PM EDT

The first government shutdown in 17 years is heading for the history books as the House and Senate prepare to vote on legislation to reopen Washington and avert a debt default.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell announced the bipartisan deal Wednesday afternoon. The chamber will vote on the legislation in the afternoon or early evening, a Democratic leadership aide said.

Congress moves toward vote on budget deal

Here is the Senate Bill

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I just read on canadiens cbc news site that the vote passed, now lets see the right and left spin it as a win for them

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Boehner is done ! Get Marco out of Tea Party and replace and send Boehner in history.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Kicking the can down the road by only a few months. I know that the House will pass it, and I'm pretty sure that the President, unless he does something completely unexpected, will also sign off on it.

So just really a bunch of political theater, kicking the can down the road for the next show down, creeping ever closer in their dates. First a year, then six months, now right around three.

I still think that the damage has been done, and when the rest of the world finds out that they're in for another of these fights in only a few short months, they'll see the same thing I do:

This isn't an agreement. It's a plan to put off the arguing for another day so that they can argue about other stuff.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Oh well done them, finally doing one of the few things that have to do right by the country, and its already weeks late.

Con-freaking-gratulations.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

AnIntellectualRedneck
Kicking the can down the road by only a few months. I know that the House will pass it, and I'm pretty sure that the President, unless he does something completely unexpected, will also sign off on it.

So just really a bunch of political theater, kicking the can down the road for the next show down, creeping ever closer in their dates. First a year, then six months, now right around three.

I still think that the damage has been done, and when the rest of the world finds out that they're in for another of these fights in only a few short months, they'll see the same thing I do:

This isn't an agreement. It's a plan to put off the arguing for another day so that they can argue about other stuff.

Ding ding ding!!! I agree with you. I am so pissed off about this deal - once again, they just moved the dates.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
I just read on canadiens cbc news site that the vote passed, now lets see the right and left spin it as a win for them

The next vote is in the House.

If it passes there, then Obama signs it into law.

This could happen tonight.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the info wasent sure if it was fully passed

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
Thanks for the info wasent sure if it was fully passed

81 - YES, 18 - NO

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yeah. I knew they'd wait until the very last minute. Nothing but political theater. We'll revisit this again in the very near future, and everybody can freak out about it again. I'm so over it.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Assuming this passes the House as is ...

Details are in a summary....

Legislative Summary, Full Text of Senate Debt Deal Revealed

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Anyone notice how this is happening at the last second? Tell me they will have time to read this bill before its passed!! I'm curious to see what "surprises" the have in the bill. After all, you have to pass it before you can read it, right?

What a crock.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No one should be surprised that this is playing out at the last minute. Theatrics at it's finest.

The question remains as to who will be still be standing once the dust settles from the fallout. My guess is the GOP and Tea Party will take a bigger hit than the current administration. Oddly enough, Ted Cruz seems to have gained some traction, after all. It would be sad to think this country was brought to a virtual stand still by a small handful of individuals.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
www.pennlive.com... here is a link to the stream of the house debating the issue now so i guess we will see how this goes

seems they are talking about some work around to the shut down of the government or preventing it from happening again can any one explain what this means?
edit on 16-10-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

think they are voting,i think they just voted..they are asking for a recorded vote think it passed the house
edit on 16-10-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There's already enough 'yes' votes in the House.

It's passing ....

Now watch the National Debt go out of control.

At least for 3 more months !!!

top topics

join