It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squirrels go nuts for First Lady’s garden in shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sadly, the first family is also suffering due to this government shutdown, just like the rest of us....

WASHINGTON – Squirrels are living high on the hog thanks to the government stalemate – feasting on tomatoes from the First Lady’s beloved White House garden while federal gardeners remain idle.

With the shutdown entering its third week, the Park Service gardeners who normally tend the mushrooms, peppers, squash and other tasty items have only been permitted to water the plants.

Under the peculiar rules in effect, they are not allowed to rake or weed or even mow the grass

Fortunately for the squirrels, they are not GMO plants, so they should be fine.

nypost.com...

So, Michelle and the girls can't MOVE the lawn mower or stoop down and pull weeds?

It makes me feel so much better that they feel our pain.....

Sometimes you just have to find the humor in the situation. Gotta love the New York Post
obamafoodorama.blogspot.com...
edit on 15-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Great now they'll be declaring war on terrorist squirrels.

Push a mower? It'll be a great add for her war on obesity. Lol. Don't count on it.

Eta: Catchy title by the way. " Squirrels go nuts"..

edit on 15-10-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Well, because she has the best bush in the country.

lol
edit on 10/15/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Are they kidding? A garden shut down during harvest? The vegetables are rotting and the squirrels are the ones benefitting. If there was any kind of justice the stuff should have been harvested and sent to the local shelter or food bank.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Are they kidding? A garden shut down during harvest? The vegetables are rotting and the squirrels are the ones benefitting. If there was any kind of justice the stuff should have been harvested and sent to the local shelter or food bank.

That sure should be the way, but I think most of the WH photographers have been furloughed too - so why do something that can't be photographed and publicized.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Maluhia
reply to post by intrptr

That sure should be the way, but I think most of the WH photographers have been furloughed too - so why do something that can't be photographed and publicized.

For real. There is no for the good of the people. Only for the good of the administration. If the public won't find out about a good deed then why bother...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's not Michelle O's "beloved garden" if she can't get off her butt and drag her kids out there & tend to it & shoves that responsibility to someone else. That just makes it a White House garden with her claim to fame slapped all over it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have to admit, if I were the First Lady and a garden was going to waste like this, I'd get off my damn a$$ and fricking harvest it, and give it away to shelters. WTF, lady? Lazy much?
edit on 10/15/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

It's not Michelle O's "beloved garden" if she can't get off her butt and drag her kids out there & tend to it & shoves that responsibility to someone else. That just makes it a White House garden with her claim to fame slapped all over it. Nothing more, nothing less. I have to admit, if I were the First Lady and a garden was going to waste like this, I'd get off my damn a$$ and fricking harvest it, and give it away to shelters. WTF, lady? Lazy much?

Exactly - which is why this is so illustrative of the sham. Simple action, or inaction in this case, speaks volumes.

edit on 15-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Squirrels! Mooching, entitled f'ing squirrels! They don't belong there. It's not their garden. They just jump the fence and take whatever the can get their little paws on. They fill their bellies, then jump back over the fence bringing some fruits and vegetables back to their little squirrel families. Given enough time the baby squirrels will grow up and repeat the same opportunistic behavior. What ever would become of the precious garden?

Oh, the irony.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The president or his wife and kids can't go chase squirrels out of the garden? Don't they pick their own veggies? If Obama did work in the garden, at least he would accomplish something this term.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The thing is, this garden does provide food to local food banks. So, why isn't our "dear concerned First Lady" directing volunteers - or paying someone out of pocket - to pick the damn produce and feed people!

We all know why - they really just don't care. Sad.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Now....
If it were cotton, I bet all the servants would be picking.

That'd teach them Republicans to mess with the Pres.

edit on 10/15/2013 by abecedarian because: remove racial slur

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I fully support the squirrel relation movement.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If they want to make the "shutdown" appear to be hurting the nation I can't think of a better image than the first lady in overalls digging in the dirt.

I wonder if they approached her for such a photo op and she declined to get her hands dirty.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
More proof that 'Michele's Garden' isn't her garden. She got out there for a few photo ops, but then 'Michele's garden' was left to the prolies to do the actual gardening. Michele can't find the time to put on a pair of gardening gloves and actually do some work in 'her garden' .. eh?

Michele's garden = FAKE.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Michele's garden = FAKE.

Representative of their whole story. So very appropriate no? Such a telling little plot of land!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"If that garden was successful, somebody along the line gave Michelle some agricultural help. There was a green thumb somewhere in her life. Some horticulturalist helped to create this unbelievable vegetable garden that she has that allowed plants to thrive. Some clodhopper invested in seeds, hoes, and fertilizer. If Michelle's got a garden—she didn't grow that. Some former FFA member made that happen for her."

top topics

join