It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some eBooks, guides and help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hey guys, I am trying to get on top of this just in case something does happen and we are left without internet or something.

I recently purchased a second hand set of 20 encyclopedias,

What I have been doing is with an old scrap book printing out pages of different little guides recipes and whatever else might be as of use if something was to happen.

What I am after is any helpful eBooks that you guys know of anything at all I am just going to print them out.

Thank you in advance!

Kanga

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here is one of the most kickass list of pdfs that I have ever seen grouped together.

Link

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

thank you so much! champion

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You'll also want to get a browser extension/add on or other program that can screen shot to pdf format. That's about as universal for being readable on devices as any format gets short of worthless straight .txt

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Would you be interested in hot box cooking? They teach this to women in the South African townships, who live without electricity...
Link
Plus here's a tutorial on how to make one...
How to make a hotbox

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

do you know a particular add on for chrome?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

meridie
Would you be interested in hot box cooking? They teach this to women in the South African townships, who live without electricity...
Link
Plus here's a tutorial on how to make one...
How to make a hotbox

thanks man about to take my girlfriend to work then I will be back to read up!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

kangajack

do you know a particular add on for chrome?

with chrome you don't need an addon for saving web pages as pdf
just click print [or alt-p], when the dialogue box pops up click Change in the destination section and a save as pdf option will appear

firefox users can us Fireshot

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kangajack

FireShot is what I've been using recently. They seem to break and have me switching capture programs though so I wouldn't get too attached to one. It's the PDF format saving that really matters, IMO.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If anyone is interested, message me and I can send you this website and all of the PDF files on 4 DVD discs. Just cover my costs and postage.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

what kind of ebooks and guides come witht his?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What website? On 4 discs. Did I miss a link?
Modern Survival Blog
edit on 30-10-2013 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
www.cd3wd.com...

I can't verify they're all working links, but here you go. Have fun.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think it would be shrewd to have some real books just in case your electronics get fried or you can't get them charged.

Top 2 recommendations in real books:
Peterson's Field Guide to Wild Edible Plants by Lee Allen Peterson & Jim Duke
Tom Brown's Field Guide to Wilderness Survival by Tom Brown Jr.

Worth their weight in gold for those who don't have the same knowledge in their heads already.
I still carry the Peterson's after studying wild edibles for 25 years.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I found this the other day

library.worldtracker.org...

the pssurvival website is a good one. Might be a good idea to get a website mirror copier
WinHttrack

to print websites, I use this site, which will allow you to delete things you don't need, picts if needed, and I think you can add a type of bookmark to print the current site you are on: www.printfriendly.com...

other then that, you can do a megasearch on google with a type of search string to get to the heart of things...
take a look at the search bar when you click this Link

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What would be smart is to buy a 2TB hard drive, then save to it tons of movies, books, manuals, music, tv shows, PPV's, sports, documentaries etc etc. then save that for a rainy day. Like if for some reason the internet ever went down, then what? Well at least you'd have a mini library of information and at that point if you were concerned about that data you could start printing off some of the good books, manuals etc. so if the power went down you'd have some key info on hand. It might even be a really good item to trade and barter with, as most people wouldn't have any digital entertainment stored. Mind you the alternative is you might be able to find some underground DVD's that have tons of that stuff already burnt on them. Might be easier just to buy a copy than to have to download and save all the movies. That would be a lot of work.

top topics

join