It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admin sources say .00017% of Americans sign up for Obamacare in the first week..we all want it huh?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The only 1 who knows the
reply to post by StallionDuck

It's for people who don't work. Those persons who work will have to foot the bill. There is no such thing as free health care anymore.

We have something in place for that. It's called charity hospitals and wellfare.
2nd

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by badgerprints

It was sarcasm. It was pushed around as free healthcare before it became a real thing.

2nd

That's my point.
People were more worried about making sure the political opposition was penalized to pay for Obamacare than they were about actually understanding what they were supporting. Obamacare was supported mainly by people who's intention was to screw taxpayers.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by badgerprints

It was sarcasm. It was pushed around as free healthcare before it became a real thing.

2nd

It was on the websites.

Many people got the wrong idea (on purpose ?)

Obamacare Website Quietly Deletes Reference to 'Free Health Care'

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon
I think there may just be many of us who simply won't sign up.

I am, personally, going to refuse to sign up. I don't really care what fee, fine, tax, penalty, or jail time they try to coerce me with. I am just not going to do it.

It is easy to kill a system simply by doing nothing.

But .... why would you turn down the chance to get healthcare from a government that believes it has the right to kill Americans without charges or trial? You must be one of those anti-progressive knuckle-draggers.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The PPACA was passed to make sure everyone has insurance that is affordable...right? Then why can you buy out and pay the government with a fine? Would that not be the opposite of making sure that everyone is insured? This is not a hate thread to the POTUS but a hate thread about PPACA which is known in the MSM as Obamacare. It is also known at the ACA and the AHA. Whatever you call it, it is not worth it.

300,000,000 people live in America so they are ALL eligible for this. It is for everyone right? It is not for the poor because they cannot afford it. Saying it cannot be used by the rich is purely wrong. Why not try to get a better deal than you employer provides you. Facts are this could have worked but it will not and does not in its current state.

There are hundreds of stories already about the high cost and the high deductibles. 12000 as a deductible? AYKF me? what happened to 1000 or 500 or even 1500?

I will use census bureau numbers or Lets use the number of 50 million on federal assistance as a number(it is the same number)...if the number was 100k signed up in the first week it is still 2/10ths of one percent of the country and we have spent how much on it? Now, there are 250,000,000 million other and out of them there are those that can pa 1% of their salary to opt out...so lets say 25 million opt out because they cannot afford it...median income is 50k...so, do the math....500 dollars at 25 million is 12.5 BILLION dollars to the government...now, who is coming out on top folks...who???? You are going to have to say yes or no on your next tax return so plug in whatever number you want but it is cash for the government. Next year it is 2% of your salary and in 2016 the family maximum is 2,085 dollars...that is 50 billion dollars!!!!!

Yeah, free healthcare my ass...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Data is coming from insurance companies in some states, though it largely shows only a trickle of enrollment. Those include Vantage Health Plan, one of four companies offering plans through Louisiana's exchange that reported enrolling 12 people, and CoOportunity Health, which reported five enrollees in Iowa and nine in Nebraska as of mid-week.

One major exception is Kentucky, where 18,351 people had enrolled by Wednesday. Despite relentless criticism from Kentucky Republican Sens. Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul, Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear has been an enthusiastic adopter of the Affordable Care Act. He believes providing medical coverage can only benefit a state that ranks among the worst in nearly every health measure.

A few other state-run exchanges have reported early activity, with the leader being New York, where 40,000 applicants processed by Wednesday. In California, the nation's most populous state, 16,300 applications had been completed by Tuesday — but that was less than in Kentucky, a state with one-tenth the number of uninsured people than California.

Source

For New York, having a lower population than, and registering 200%+ more people than California doesn't make sense.
For Kentucky, with 1/10th the population of Cali, to register ~10% more than Cali doesn't make sense.

I really have no other comment than to think someone's cooking the books- the numbers don't add up to 51000, no matter how you slice them.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

juspassinthru

LewsTherinThelamon
I think there may just be many of us who simply won't sign up.

I am, personally, going to refuse to sign up. I don't really care what fee, fine, tax, penalty, or jail time they try to coerce me with. I am just not going to do it.

It is easy to kill a system simply by doing nothing.

But .... why would you turn down the chance to get healthcare from a government that believes it has the right to kill Americans without charges or trial? You must be one of those anti-progressive knuckle-draggers.

I just discovered fire yesterday.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Delaware Celebrates: First Person Finally Enrolls in Obamacare

You wanted some hard numbers well how about this? 1 person. It 3 weeks one person has signed up. Just under 1 million people live in Delaware so the chances that someone will actually sign up for PPACA coverage truly is 'One in a million'.

Link

"Department of Health and Social Service officials have declared 59-year-old Janice Baker of Selbyville the first confirmed resident to enroll in the marketplace. It opened Oct. 1 as part of the roll-out of the Affordable Care Act

Yeah, this is really something that the voters wanted....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join