It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit spewing disinformation. Their is NO credit score required....et al

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

beezzer

Wrong. Supporting something because "the law is the law" is what I'm trying to point out. Countless times in history have laws been over-turned, repealed, changed, negated.

Accepting a law because it is a law is the fallacy.

Quiet!

This is surrender like France Thread!

edit on 11-10-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Ameilia
reply to post by GrantedBail

I'm glad you're trying to stop the misconceptions here, but really, disinformation? If the guy actually said it on the record, it wasn't disinformation at the time it was reported here. It was the most current information available at the time which was known to be true and to have a source.

No...A single woman in Florida made the false statement...None of the right-wing websites verified it despite the ACA/Obamacare law, primers, sumamries and guidance docs etc. specifically stating the exact opposite.

Insurers are NOT ALLOWED to factor in Credit Scores when setting premiums

At no point in the application system are peoples scores assessed

Instead of anyone fact-checking it on the thousands of available sites where it could have been quickly debunked...

The story got plastered everywhere on right-wing outlets as fact.

Here on ATS the story received 57 flags, with half of them arriving after posters had clearly debunked the story and provided links to the retraction!

AND ATS was in the minority in correcting the error as most of the right-wing outlets never retracted or corrected the story.

We can acknowledge the difference between outright propaganda and journalism when it is glaringly obvious.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You should see my post at the bottom of page 2 in this thread, that has been constantly ignored already. It describes a typical disinfo post on ATS and how there's a glaring disregard for facts on this site.

People don't give a fig about facts anymore. They only care about how information makes them feel and if that information validates their feelings they'll ignore the facts and carry on believing in stuff that isn't true.

Another thing that's rather curious, that you pointed out, is the whole S&F system on ATS. One thing that's very different between people who look at facts and people who perpetuate false information is the use of this system. Our GOPers tend to S&F every single post that aligns with how they want to feel. The liberals on ATS don't do this. My internal thoughts is that this tends to create a unique system of people playing follow-the-leader on the right, and see stars as a status of how "right" (pun somewhat intended) someone is.

If a post has over 9000 stars, but isn't true, people will still believe it as truth over the post below it that has 0 stars and is chalk full of facts that prove the previous post wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
so, if the lead obamacare person in florida doesn`t even know what they are talking about then what hope is there that any of us will be able to get acurate info when we try to sign up?

i guess you have to sign up and use obamacare to find out whats actually in it, this is such a mess.
The american people deserve better than this amateurish attempt at affordable care.i`m more disappointed with the american people than i am with the politicians, i expect politicians to be a bunch of self serving hacks, but for a lot of the american people to accept and make excuses for this glitch filled amateurish freak show is just really disappointing.
do so many americans really have such little self respect that they will unquestioningly accept such a sub standard quality product as obamacare without even raising an eyebrow?
America use to have a worldwide reputation for quality in everything it made and did those days seem to be long gone.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Tardacus
so, if the lead obamacare person in florida doesn`t even know what they are talking about

Ironic that you post on this thread in response to this OP with further BS.

Seeing as how the Governor there has fought Obamacare tooth and nail and provided ZERO training for navigators, no this doesn't surprise me. Maybe you should take it up with him?

Florida Counties Defy Rick Scott’s Obamacare Navigator Ban
fcir.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There was nothing in the Social Security Act that allowed using the SSN as identification. Yet here we are, using it as identification. People warned ahead of time where it would lead. They were mocked and promised it wouldn't.

There was nothing in the Federal Reserve Act that allowed absolute complete total fiat currency, secret bailouts of US and Foreign banks, funding something like 40% of the IMF/UN... yet here we are. People warned ahead of time where it would lead. They were mocked and promised it wouldn't.

Why are we here now doing things that the people at the time were promised wouldn't and in fact were specifically prohibited? Because the *skeleton* was put in place... and the entire point was to slowly put the meat back on the bones once the initial concerns had faded from view/memory.

There was nothing (visible) about mass monitoring of citizen transmissions, committing coups and placing puppets in foreign countries, creating "resistance groups" and arming them, setting up permanent bases abroad so our best trained military crews aren't here at home if we actually need them, nothing about a President keeping the country in a permanent state of emergency or executing "wars" that don't need approval because we call them "operations" or whatever.

Pat yourselves on the back for being wise because you looked at a document today and say "It isn't there!" Pay no attention to the dots in the connect the dot picture just waiting to be connected when you look away. Or are dead and your kids have no memory of these conversations and thus won't have any hint that something has changed that was originally assured wouldn't happen.

You're very wise. I concede to your far reaching vision. Thank you for the education.

Namaste.
edit on 11-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

OP.... you seem cool, and I've enjoyed reading a lot of your posts here, so I hope you don't feel like I'm picking on you with this, but I wanted to point out an error in your thread title. A bit of a peeve of mine, if you'll forgive me for it... I normally might not even mention something like this, but I've seen this term mis-used at least twice today on ATS by two different members, and I'd rather not see this improper usage spread.

The word / abbreviation you wanted was "etc" (etcetera) which basically means "and so on" or "continuing in this manner" and is meant to imply the continuation of a list.

The word you improperly used, of course, was et al. (et alii / et alia) which means "and others" and generally should only be used to imply a continuing list of people (as opposed to things.)

It is most commonly used in citations. For example, abbreviating a list of the authors of a particular paper ("Social Dynamics and Proper Use of English," B. Singer, D. Winchester, B. Johnson, et al)

Now, if you were listing types of people, and not actual persons, "etc" would be acceptable. ("Mothers, fathers, brothers, etc.) But generally if you're listing individual, specific persons, you want "et al." (And that's pretty much the only time you want it.)

etc and et al

et al.

etc

Sorry for the intrusion, and please forgive the correction.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
[more
edit on 11-10-2013 by chopperswolf because: didn't want to sidetrack the ops thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
According to Luke Chung, there IS a credit check and SOMEBODY is getting paid for them.

edit on 6-11-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join