It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit spewing disinformation. Their is NO credit score required....et al

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The first piece of disinformation I would like to address is the post that was pinned on the home page for two days. I didn't post into the thread; it was too long and everyone was going crazy. Bottom line...it was complete disinformation:

Lead Florida Obamacare Navigator Gives Bad Advice on Credit Score Requirement
UPDATE: Packham retracts earlier claim that Floridians needed to provide credit score to apply for Obamacare, attributes mistake to 'human error'

Lead Florida Obamacare Navigator Anne Packham has retracted earlier claims that Floridians must provide their credit score to apply for health insurance, WKMG reports:

A day after telling Local 6 that anyone signing up for the Affordable Care Act had to provide their credit score, the lead navigator in Florida said she was wrong.

Anne Packham, one of many people licensed by the state to help people navigate the government’s website, said on Tuesday that the credit check was put in place so providers can make an educated decision about who to insure.

After receiving numerous emails about the story, Local 6 contacted Packham on Wednesday, and she said her statement was incorrect, adding that users do not need their credit scores to apply for the Affordable Care Act.

Local 6 is investigating how the person in charge of providing information about the Affordable Care Act could make such an error.

Link

Look, I am not going to defend the ACA. I am not happy about it either. But, there is so much disinformation that is spewed. I will be adding to this thread.

We are supposed to be denying ignorance here. I plan on doing just that.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I'm glad you're trying to stop the misconceptions here, but really, disinformation? If the guy actually said it on the record, it wasn't disinformation at the time it was reported here. It was the most current information available at the time which was known to be true and to have a source.

So that's more like an error, and not even on an ATSers side, but on the side of the person who made the false statement. To me disinformation is spreading a rumor as truth, or providing "information" which the person KNOWS to be false, and spreads it anyway.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

GrantedBail
The first piece of disinformation
disinformation:
there is so much disinformation

To me it doesnt sound like "disinformation".
Just sounds like Anne Packham incompetently made a mistake. Then corrected it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Ameilia

I'm glad you're trying to stop the misconceptions here, but really, disinformation? If the guy actually said it on the record, it wasn't disinformation at the time it was reported here. It was the most current information available at the time which was known to be true and to have a source.

So that's more like an error, and not even on an ATSers side, but on the side of the person who made the false statement. To me disinformation is spreading a rumor as truth, or providing "information" which the person KNOWS to be false, and spreads it anyway.

Or like providing information based on your bias as opposed to legitimate research?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

OK, I get that. But do you really think it was a mistake? Or was someone stirring the pot for a headline. I am not saying it was or it wasn't but come on....

on edit:

It is Florida for crisse sakes!! The bastion of bs.

edit on 11-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

GrantedBail
Local 6 is investigating how the person in charge of providing information about the Affordable Care Act could make such an error.

How can that possibly be?

Kinda like Rumsfeld saying that a missile took the plane down in PA...

Perhaps it wasn't an error at all..

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Bo,

There was an OP on the front page for two days and everyone accepted it as gospel.

Look, I am no ACA fan, but I have grown tired of the drama.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

alfa1

GrantedBail
The first piece of disinformation
disinformation:
there is so much disinformation

To me it doesnt sound like "disinformation".
Just sounds like Anne Packham incompetently made a mistake. Then corrected it.

In a follow up interview with WKMG on Wednesday, Packham attributed her gross misunderstanding of Obamacare application requirements to “human error” and refused to say specifically how she concocted such a detailed and blatantly false explanation:

Local 6 asked Packham, “People just want to know. You’ve been through training. You are educating people about the process. How does this happen?”

“It’s human error,” Packham said.

Human error is not a satisfactory answer.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

GrantedBail
reply to post by boncho

Bo,

There was an OP on the front page for two days and everyone accepted it as gospel.

Look, I am no ACA fan, but I have grown tired of the drama.

I'm agreeing with you.

I'd rather people just shut there mouths about it. It is like watching a bunch of kids whining and screaming cause they have to take a bath.

It's happening, get over it.

The amount of BS associated it, lies, disinformation is ridiculous. Even if ACA is terrible, the people against have lost all credibility with me because no one has provided any solid explanation. All bias and lies.

I wont believe anything until I see a year long review that's done independently, if that happens.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Duh. I get you now. Had a couple of martinis. Was preparing for the onslaught. LOL

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

GrantedBail
reply to post by Ameilia

OK, I get that. But do you really think it was a mistake? Or was someone stirring the pot for a headline. I am not saying it was or it wasn't but come on....

Even if it was someone stirring the pot, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were honestly, I still stand by my first opinion (which is subject to change, always) that at the time it was headlining on ATS it wasn't being spread as disinformation, at least by folks here. They had what should have been a reliable source, and discussed things. Whether or not it was a deliberate falsehood at the time it was said? That's a whole different thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sure sounds like she's trying to double back now. So was she caught saying something she shouldn't have and is now trying to cover it up or is she just totally incompetent at her position??

Watch this YouTube of her Current Stand as well as her earlier "Mistake":
Lead Florida Obamacare Navigator says she misspoke when she said credit scores were required

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this is what actually sounds like disinformation. It sounds a lot more like she said something out loud that wasn't supposed to be said out loud and got slapped on the hand.

In fact, a lot of the explanation is using flagrant weasel words. "Human Error"... such as "human error of saying something you weren't supposed to say"? It should be very easy to describe directly where she got the understanding and how she incorrectly associated it, not brush off as "oh... you know... *blush*".

GrantedBail

Watch the video in your OP. There is footage of her saying clearly, concisely, and confidently that it is used to inform their decisions.

Now let's be real here... why does anyone need to link to Experian to "verify their identity"?

People are given the "assurance" that their score isn't accessed, and it isn't used to affect their rates. How many "assurances" have we been given that a government agency won't access information and use it... and wind up doing exactly that?
edit on 11-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Not for nothing but the statement was retracted like two hours after the story broke. But I didn't see anyone acknowledge that. Everyone was riding the wave.
edit on 11-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Time an time again we catch them ready to lie, cheat, and steal.

Then all the people who parroted it like gospel slip into the shadows and pretend its not their fault for not vetting their outrageous sources before spreading lies.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

boncho
I'd rather people just shut there mouths about it. It is like watching a bunch of kids whining and screaming cause they have to take a bath.

Interesting concern for maturity.

"shut their mouths"

boncho
It's happening, get over it.

People debate. Get over it.

boncho
...no one has provided any solid explanation.

I wont believe anything until I see a year long review that's done independently, if that happens.

Once someone else can tell you what to believe you'll then know what you believe.

Gotcha.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

GrantedBail

Lead Florida Obamacare Navigator Gives Bad Advice on Credit Score Requirement
UPDATE: Packham retracts earlier claim that Floridians needed to provide credit score to apply for Obamacare, attributes mistake to 'human error'

Look, I am not going to defend the ACA. I am not happy about it either. But, there is so much disinformation that is spewed. I will be adding to this thread.

Obamacare was enacted with "human error" and "disinformation".

I for one am happy for this thread. Lets start with a few facts.

Obamacare is a TAX.

It has enriched the insurance companies, and their stockholders immensely.

38% of America support the new Healthcare law.

Companies are not Hiring because of it.

There are other ways to fix Healthcare in America.

I am sure there are other facts out there.

S&F

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

GrantedBail
But because so many people have been influenced and propagandized, most don't know the actual edicts of the ACA.

It is because people have seen themselves lied to far too many times now for hundreds upon hundreds of years and plain as day now with video recorded evidence... about what a government SAYS it will do and the restraints it will have versus what it winds up doing... and the removal of those restraints once nobody is paying attention.

It is because government is a proven and chronic liar.

"Relax fellas, don't you get it? Our object is to get the bill passed. We can fix it up later." - Paul Warburg regarding the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. All of the provisions which the opponents ensured were in there to prevent it from overreaching were later amended when nobody was paying attention. And now we have the exact financial nightmare situation those provisions were put in to prevent.

When an alcoholic that drank a week ago tells you they are just gonna go to the bar to hang with some friends and won't drink anything... you're foolish if you believe them.
edit on 11-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The ACA is the law of the land. I don't like it either. But it is foolish to think that it can be overturned. It has already been challenged Constitutionally in the Supreme Court. It is a done deal. Now, we move from here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join