It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire Hunters / Researchers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
A bit of talk going round in the circles I spend some time in, that there are in fact vampire hunters running around. Now, they're as rare as true vampires if they are because I've never seen one that I know of and I expect I'd get a good sense long before it came to anything actually dangerous.

There was a thread about this some years back but rather than dig that corpse up, thought I'd discuss here.

Here's my question: are any here actively vampire hunters or vampire researchers, does anyone here know of any such people or groups that have veracity and if yes, can they elaborate.

As a vampire, one would assume I'd be cautious in this regard but my curiosity far outweighs any fear and I really don't fear much, much less humans. I would enjoy honest discussion though, perhaps shed some light,
edit on 10-10-2013 by aptrgangr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
There are role players of all makes and models out there.

Talk about a tough hunting tag to fill. May as well be hunting purple unicorns. And on the off chance they're real, you're doomed anyways.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

aptrgangr
As a vampire, one would assume I'd be cautious in this regard but my curiosity far outweighs any fear and I really don't fear much, much less humans.

Haha what?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

JayinAR
There are role players of all makes and models out there.

Talk about a tough hunting tag to fill. May as well be hunting purple unicorns. And on the off chance they're real, you're doomed anyways.

Ha, no, I doubt that. I'm not too doomed any more than we all are.

Finding the true things in the world like real vampires and other things is like digging a mine shaft with a shovel in the back yard. Sure, it starts out as dirt and clay and muck, but, eventually you hit bedrock and water, from there you can just follow that layer horizontally. I assure you, I'm on that level now and it's amazing what turns up if I start digging.

Still, I suspect vampire hunters fall into the category of fanatical humans and they're just as zealous as those that hunt aliens/Bigfoot. They're SURE vampires exist and they're just crazy enough to try and do something about it.

I understand skepticism from the general population on my existence, that's part of the game that's been set up but I'm looking for the people who are seeing past the game board to the hands moving the pieces.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yeah, I didn't read that thoroughly. What the hell are you on about? You're calling yourself a vampire? Haha

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a vampire so they are wasting their time. There are some who pretend to be.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I did, I am. But I'm more focused on discussing the hunters and researchers at the moment.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by aptrgangr

You may be interested in the "Language of Vampyr" thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Are you actually claiming to be a vampire?

ETA:

I see you replied that you indeed do think your a vampire.....why do you think that?

edit on 10/10/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I expect this sort of statement. Even as a lot of things on ATS have disinformation agents, even unwitting ones, the Vampire "community" (it's a joke I assure you and I don't count myself among them) has disinformation agents who have set themselves up with ties to media and police, act ing as liaisons to show how traditional notions of vampire are harmless humans who have a "psychological need" and anything outside that model is a dangerous human loon. Believable story for the masses but it's sadly a spun lie.

Dig a little before you make such declarations honey.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

JayinAR

You may be interested in the "Language of Vampyr" thread.

Just the spelling of that word makes me cringe. There are a LOT of fakes in the works and they have a nasty habit of inserting extra "Y's" into the term for an extra dose of "kewlness". I am NOT with those frauds. Frankly, they make my existence more difficult.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

You should check it out anyways. It would be a hopping off point.
Craziest thread I've ever seen here in like ever.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

JayinAR

You should check it out anyways. It would be a hopping off point.
Craziest thread I've ever seen here in like ever.

I may do that, but I might need some visine for all the eye rolling I'll be doing.

As to "Why do you say you're a vampire" I posted something in a bit of a dead thread this evening and hopefully this will save some reposting for those asking: A couple long paragraphs posted on the last page.

Now, back on topic, vampire hunters/researchers.

edit on 10-10-2013 by aptrgangr because: I love iPad autocorrect. No wait, strike that, reverse it

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You're wondering why there are vampire hunters and yet you stated in that other thread that you drink human blood.

It isn't a big stretch to figure out why people would be inclined to hunt your kind. Feeding on humans isn't cool. When a shark or a lion eats a human, that animal is hunted down and dispatched.

Survival mechanism.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

JayinAR

You're wondering why there are vampire hunters and yet you stated in that other thread that you drink human blood.

It isn't a big stretch to figure out why people would be inclined to hunt your kind. Feeding on humans isn't cool. When a shark or a lion eats a human, that animal is hunted down and dispatched.

Survival mechanism.

Haha, I'm not asking WHY they're around, I'm asking if that are around in here or if others know of any organizations.

I don't blame you for feeling that me feeding on human blood goes against your moral system but, at least when I do it to a large mammal (humans) they don't need to die like a small mammal does. As long as this societal construct maintains itself, there's no logical reason to kill anyone for blood since human donors (while difficult to find in the Deep South I've found) are available, so at least we are relatively safe to be around.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Well, that thread, if you follow the links, may get you into some circles you seek.

There is some weird stuff going on around that forgotten languages site.

I think it is military in nature, but due to their controversial subject matter, there are bound to be vampiric enthusiasts to be found there.
The very astute need only apply however.

(Can't figure out how to reply to U2Us in this new format)

Donor blood huh? Well that's cool. I donate blood myself. Haha

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

JayinAR

Donor blood huh? Well that's cool. I donate blood myself. Haha

Y'don't say... *puts on bib*

I'll look into that site but I can't shake the feeling that it's a hoaxy hobby thing. There are so many wild rumors passed around between us, like the whole "vampirism is a virus" thing. I can neither confirm nor deny, but I can tell you, small amounts of my blood, does not a human into a vampire make.

I suppose this question came about because I know some vampires in the UK who have been accosted by a so-called vampire hunter. Didn't go well for him as he might have hoped. The "hunter" had the tar beaten out of him and left on the sidewalk. I guess a vampire hunter, if there are those sorts would be unlikely to raise their hands to the likes of me but I hoped it was worth a try.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

As I said initially, on the off chance that vampires are real, I don't suspect vampire hunters would fare too well.

Vampires would seem to be apex predators with intelligence greater than a human's. No bueno.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

JayinAR

As I said initially, on the off chance that vampires are real, I don't suspect vampire hunters would fare too well.

Vampires would seem to be apex predators with intelligence greater than a human's. No bueno.

In cases where one is ACTUALLY a vampire, and not some fruity fetishist human, this is true, but do remember, we kind of straddle both worlds, having to deal with things in human society too and as such are influenced by trends and societal pressures. I'm not beyond it completely myself and in my time have met a couple of foolish vampires but they tend to be the young ones.

I've been told by someone, that there is some sort of "researcher" group that is a lot like hunters, yet they don't get involved, just watch to see if a vampire is an actual danger to humans. If they're not, they're left alone and their information is catalogued, or at least, that's the story. This organization had some pretentious name and so I question it's veracity but, hey, there might be the chance.

At present, I think the largest danger facing me, is people who consider themselves vampires and the few vampires entrenched in their camp, who have sway over the media and police. They know my name, they know where I live and they don't approve of me or my viewpoints. It's a little ironic.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Haha.
This sounds like season one of True Blood.

I don't mean to laugh at you if you are serious. Consider it me laughing with you. I'm a pretty open minded guy. Also, check your inbox.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join