It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a "Bridge" at the Horizon? Curiosity Sol 413-417

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Seriously you are wasting you time if you challenge him he will ignore you but at the end of the day when someone post the higher res pictures we see it's all in the imagination!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If you look at it closely, it looks like a hill in the background with rocks in the foreground. You can follow the hill to it's top then it starts down again. Much as I like Mar's anomalies, this one isn't. Just a natural formation.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Good explanation, in the bottom of your zoomed picture is a massive black overhang . It looks out of place.

As for the road,if you follow it all the way up it seems to lead to some ruins,branches goes up and around the back of the hill. Thats if it is a road/stroke ruin.

do you mean this (object marked with an arrow)?:

Here it is a better view of it in another crop of this original image. If this is what you are talking about, it does not look too massive (maybe several feet long, and overhanging a few feet), and it does not look too out of place. It looks like a normal rock overhang:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yes thats the object but considering the distance i would estimate a couple of yards or more of overhang alone. It would be cool for curiosity to go underneath.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I don't believe this one is anything but rock formations, but keep up the threads my friend. One day you just might end up being the guy that finds concrete proof. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You never disappoint Sir!

Whether it's a pipeline or a bridge it's safe to say it's more than a little out of place..

tom

edit on 10-10-2013 by wutz4tom because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Arken
Personally, I think that this anomaly worth a more detailed look...
we all feel that way about our pet projects

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Nice to see there are not too many who decided it is just rocks. Even wildespace was not too bad either this time.

I honestly think we are flogging a dead horse (whipping something to try and move it - even though it is already dead) where anomalies are concerned. However many anomalies we find, or whatever evidence for life there is, there will always be the fact that we are not in control of the original data and that photographs are not going to prove anything definitively. It is fun yes, but that is all it can be while the control freaks rule with their agendas.

As someone said, I am more concerned with what is happening on earth. At Fukushima in particular because soon anomalies on Mars wont matter to any of us.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I've seen this picture before , IMO it's really hard to see what it is but also looks like some paved road or something..

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Natural. You have a vivid imagination.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I see many very good new posts that don't make it to the main page, but this complete pile does, the mind boggles.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Great find, this looks to be something more than a rock!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Staroth
reply to post by Arken

Great find, this looks to be something more than a rock!

Most of us aren't saying it is a rock, but rather a patch of fine sand, possibly a wind-blown wash.

You can see the smooth sandy area here is a crop from the original image (the original image WITHOUT the green painted highlights added by the OP, nor the change in contrast):

Full image:

Image Source (Larger hi-res Image)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
We have one more option for a closer look - the HiRISE imagery. Anyone fancy tracking down the location of the "bridge"?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It looks yellow to me. By Jove man, you've found the yellow brick road! Great Scott, that means those little flying monkeys are real!!! They really freak me out!!! Moe, Larry..THE CHEESE!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Now for some real investigation.

Using the pointing data for the Mastcam image at curiosityrover.com... I was able to determine that the view is towards the big riverbed, where Curiosity's entry point to Mt Sharp is:

The "bridge" is only a trick of the perspective.

Here's a hi-res image of the area from MRO's HiRISE camera: hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...
No bridges there.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Still looks like a dirt road of sorts, if not a bridge.
Nice thread OP

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Does look out of place, & it does look like a bridge

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

skmk01
Does look out of place, & it does look like a bridge

I don't know...If you look at the original non-manipulated image (without the change in contrast and without the green painted area added by the OP), it neither looks like a bridge, nor does it look that out of place. it looks like and area of fine blown sand:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

at the original non-manipulated image

Are you sure....????

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join