It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I disagree with homosexuals.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
No i don't, because that sounds stupid. What am i "disagreeing" with?

Fact: gay people exist?

I disagree with that?

Fact: Gay people choose to have sex.

I disagree with... uh.. that?

Fact: Gay people want to be treated like humans and acknowledged as an existing segment of the population.

I disagree...

When people say" I disagree with homosexuals", what are they talking about? What is there to disagree about?

edit on 9-10-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well, thats not much of a disagreement you have there ...care to explain ?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
That's fine......

Sometimes I disagree with heterosexuals........

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
DO you disagree that they exist? Do you disagree with their dinner choice? Fashion preferences? What they do in the privacy of their own bedroom?

Bueller???

ETA- I see you added text. Darn enter button will get you sometimes.

I guess it would depend on the person that disagrees with it as to why they do so. Some folks would disagree for religious purposes while others would disagree because they somehow think their opinion matters to all the homosexuals on earth. I imagine a few more want nothing more than to be contrary, controlling, and hateful for no reason at all.
edit on 10/9/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sorry pressed enter. Look forward to your posts!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I guess sometimes we have to agree to disagree ....makes for more conversation in the end ..peace

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

What are we agreeing to disagree about in regards to homosexuality?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Interesting question there. I also do not really understand such comments.

Mind you, even if i did understand them i would not care either way. Unless it impacts upon my own, then other people's sexuality is of no consequence to me.

I would add though that there does seem to be an awful lot of anti homosexual commentary at times on ATS, usually from the same people. Does that mean there is an awful lot of repressed "fudge packers" on the site?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Sorry my comment was for the other poster . I think we both posted before you edited and put into your op what you finally decided to put there .....peace

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I would say there is an abundant supply of repressed, self-hating, homosexuals residing on ATS. Some of the most prominent posters on ATS are obviously bursting from their own latent homosexual urges.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Okay, but do you have an opinion on what i should disagree with homosexuals about?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I disagree with so much of the public dialog and focus being dominated by a special interest group numbering 5% or less of the overall population.

That's just me though... disagreeing they exist is silly.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I disagree with so much of the public dialog and focus being dominated by a special interest group numbering 5% or less of the overall population.

That's just me though... disagreeing they exist is silly.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I am sorry Wrabbit, I don't quite understand. Are you disagreeing with the amount of attention the issue gets and its status as a political hot topic or homosexuals having free speech that allows them to garner this attention.

A lot of people care about this issue. Therefore it receives attention. Are you saying people should stop caring about homosexuals, even homosexuals themselves?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

TsukiLunar

Okay, but do you have an opinion on what i should disagree with homosexuals about?

Actually, yes.

Barry Manilow is just rubbish, no arguments!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Gee I am not sure ...I have had some gay friends that I have disagreed with on many things . I guess I was never really interested in bringing their or my sexaul orientation into a conversation . They knew I was not gay and I knew they were .Maybe I should not have made a comment on your thread because now I feel like I need to either agree or disagree with you when I am not sure why you made this thread .....peace

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

TsukiLunar
Some of the most prominent posters on ATS are obviously bursting from their own latent homosexual urges.

I don't know about 'the most prominent posters' ... but there are some self professed fundamentalist Christians here who, IMHO, are waaaay to obsessed with shouting down homosexuality. I think they protest too much ....

Homophobia - irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

Homophobia

Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). It can be expressed as antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, or hatred, may be based on irrational fear, and is sometimes related to religious beliefs

Signs of Latent Homosexuality

People who have been diagnosed as having latent homosexual tendencies are often tied to being plagued by homophobia, or the irrational fear of homosexual individuals, acts or of becoming homosexual themselves. Homophobia has different forms that it can manifest in that can be classified as internalized homophobia, social homophobia, and emotional homophobia.

Why Fundamentalists are Obsessed with Homosexuals

How does one condemn a man or woman for a fact of nature? Persecution of any group over shared genetic or natural traits went out of fashion with the defeat of the Nazis. ....

For the fundamentalist, the Bible speaks on everything important. It says homosexuals are worthy of death and condemns them to eternal damnation. But, if homosexuality were a natural trait, as unchangeable as skin color, the deity who damns gays would be on par with the genocidal Nazis. Mounting evidence of a natural predisposition in regards to sexual orientation must be swept aside and entire organizations of Bible-believing Christians now exist to prove that homosexuality is a choice, and only a choice.

Yet sexual orientation is so central to an individual’s being that it can’t be cut out the way a rotten tooth can be pulled, or cancer can be excised from the body. It goes far too deep to be manipulated by prayer, therapy, ostracism, or jail terms. Something this central to the human psyche is not amenable to outside manipulation. But, for the fundamentalist worldview to appear true, they must pretend that it can be excised or exorcised.

edit on 10/9/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

What is there to disagree about?

Anything that will keep the masses divided, and this subject is a humdinger for division.

The mere mention of the word creates disunity.

Strange really - if the TV and radio did not exist, people would not even give the entire subject a 2nd thought.

Propaganda coupled with a lack of knowledge on any subject ensures success.

Thats why there is disagreement, imo.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Thanks for not actually answering the question and, indeed, skirting the point entirely. Thanks for that post, I hope to see you again!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

A lot of people care about many things...but every subject, even making chocolate chip cookies..can be taken to ridiculous extremes.

I look around the world and I see people outright executed by hanging for gay sex. One example of it, just one time. Death. I see the fight for gays to go join, if a fight for rights and justice is what they seek to pursue.

However, yes, I am sick of an ultra-minority in number coming to quite literally dominate social discourse and general national discussion for years worth of it, across a wide variety of areas.

There does come a point where, okay, we really really REALLY get it. Many are gay ...many are proud of it and want no interference from anyone else. Yes. Indeed.. I get it. I even agree with it, as far as that goes. Preaching to the choir until the choir throws you out of the building for not shutting up at some point, isn't the way to maintain the goodwill built over time, IMO. It's a way to destroy all of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sometimes I disagree with homosexuals. Usually it's over a man we both want.

That being said, religious types don't like change. They're not disagreeing with homosexuals. They're disagreeing with the changing of the status quo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join