It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US State Dept Buys $5 Mil in custom wine glasses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
or, "Look at the stems on that dame!"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A $5million order for custom crystal glasses and bar accessories was placed for American embassies on the day before the government shutdown.
The State Department finalized the order for custom stemware on September 30, just hours before nearly one million federal workers were put on unpaid leave as a result of the on-going budget dispute in Congress.
The contract was awarded to Simon Pearce, a Vermont stemware company that makes hand blown crystal that retails for up to $85-per-wine glass.

Let the bastards use SOLO cups AND why in the blue hell should we provide them with a vessel or a libation at the tax payers' dime? This is the type of criminal excess that every American should be flat out refusing to pay taxes to cover. It's become painfully clear that we've reached Marie Antoinette levels of leadership/citizen disconnection. While they're enjoying their wine in high dollar crystal stemware, we're being ordered to budget in Ramen and Natty Light to cover additional taxation and penalty demands to cover their lavish lifestyle.

But yeah, we're all supposed to grieve over the possibility of this house of cards collapsing and crushing them in the process? :rolleyes

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Geez, but the vets can't get family death benefits?!?! An outrage! Obama should address these issues publicly and nullify the glass contract, then take this money and put it towards our vets.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow, with the sequestering and all I guess we should be glad it wasn't 10 million dollars worth of crystal, looks like they were able to cut back a bit, now that's sensible spending right there.

We grovel to make it while they bask in luxury.

Totally agree with you OP on the Marie Antoinette comparison. Great post S & F!
edit on 8-10-2013 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

burdman30ott6
or, "Look at the stems on that dame!"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A $5million order for custom crystal glasses and bar accessories was placed for American embassies on the day before the government shutdown.
The State Department finalized the order for custom stemware on September 30, just hours before nearly one million federal workers were put on unpaid leave as a result of the on-going budget dispute in Congress.
The contract was awarded to Simon Pearce, a Vermont stemware company that makes hand blown crystal that retails for up to $85-per-wine glass.

Let the bastards use SOLO cups AND why in the blue hell should we provide them with a vessel or a libation at the tax payers' dime? This is the type of criminal excess that every American should be flat out refusing to pay taxes to cover. It's become painfully clear that we've reached Marie Antoinette levels of leadership/citizen disconnection. While they're enjoying their wine in high dollar crystal stemware, we're being ordered to budget in Ramen and Natty Light to cover additional taxation and penalty demands to cover their lavish lifestyle.

But yeah, we're all supposed to grieve over the possibility of this house of cards collapsing and crushing them in the process? :rolleyes

Burd... have I told you recently how much I enjoy your take on things?? Youre my hero... Solo cups.
I keep hearing voices whispering, " Let them eat cake... "

Im old, youre old... we've both heard a coupla times all about the idea that if the majority refuses to pay taxes someone might just listen to the People. Here just recently i've been thinking this idea is more and more viable. Among other ideas, anyway!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Military Buying Italian Planes At $50 Million A Piece . . . And Sending Them Directly To “Boneyard”
Published 1, October 8, 2013

The dozen Italian-built C-27J Spartans have been shipped to an Air Force facility in Arizona dubbed “the boneyard.” We are ordering five more, which are expected to be immediately sent with the others into mothballs. The Air Force has spent $567 million on 21 of the planes which will join some 4,400 other aircraft and 13 aerospace vehicles at the boneyard — more than $35 billion of unused airplanes.

jonathanturley.org...

Is there anyone out there that still buys the *fable* that this is our "government"?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I totally agree with what you posted...so ridiculous...............................

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Next they will buy 314 million condoms to screw us all with.

link   

Well ofcourse they need to distinguish themselves from us plebs.

They were probably marked up to Sh#t as well...

link   

Oh come on, you know the shutdown only applies to us lowly peasants.
We should just be glad they let us keep some of our money, OK?
Some people are just so ungrateful...[/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Luuke123
Next they will buy 314 million condoms to screw us all with.

They already did that bareback .... on 9/11/01.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Its a shame too, I was only six years old.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
12K pieces for 5 million bucks is 416 dollars a glass. No wonder the CEO of Simon Pearce is so happy how often do you get to screw people this bad. And to think these glasses get broken after being used once.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well, if you are going to toast the final nail in the coffin might as well do it with style.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
That much for the glasses?!?!!!!

I hate to see the price of the wine they are swilling...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

JacKatMtn
That much for the glasses?!?!!!!

I hate to see the price of the wine they are swilling...

It's made from fermented unicorn tears and cherub blood.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So this is how they do the American people? They are eating on gold freaking plates and drinking from $100+ glasses!! Oh hell no!

All the services they are closing and cutting off because of this shutdown and they have the BALLS FOR THIS!

This is messed up..

Can people not see what they really care about? Why do you vote these jokers in office? I sure did not!

We should be lining up in droves to vote these people out, and any other fake lying servant of the people.
Don't settle for the best of two evils! Lets vote in a nobody regular person who has a soul. A real representative of the people.

I'm tired of this circus of red and blue ties in custom suits; I want to see a REAL person represent my country. The show is over.

They are not even doing their job at all now, not AT ALL. They are just robbing the people full time now.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

This warrants a post of it's own Passin!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Christ.

When are people going to rise up against this tyranny?

Seriously?

S&F

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Nice Dinner Ware!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Seems to me like the next stage in the plan is to poke the wounded dog. With the intention to make him snap so they can justify their actions.

They' re probably chuckling in awe of how far they can go. A testament to the goodness in people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join