It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US State Dept Buys $5 Mil in custom wine glasses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hopefully the glasses will break in their throats causing a slow and painful death.... PRICKS

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

burdman30ott6
or, "Look at the stems on that dame!"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A $5million order for custom crystal glasses and bar accessories was placed for American embassies on the day before the government shutdown.
The State Department finalized the order for custom stemware on September 30, just hours before nearly one million federal workers were put on unpaid leave as a result of the on-going budget dispute in Congress.
The contract was awarded to Simon Pearce, a Vermont stemware company that makes hand blown crystal that retails for up to $85-per-wine glass.

Let the bastards use SOLO cups AND why in the blue hell should we provide them with a vessel or a libation at the tax payers' dime? This is the type of criminal excess that every American should be flat out refusing to pay taxes to cover. It's become painfully clear that we've reached Marie Antoinette levels of leadership/citizen disconnection. While they're enjoying their wine in high dollar crystal stemware, we're being ordered to budget in Ramen and Natty Light to cover additional taxation and penalty demands to cover their lavish lifestyle.

But yeah, we're all supposed to grieve over the possibility of this house of cards collapsing and crushing them in the process? :rolleyes

Now I don't care who you are, dat's funny right 'der!!

P.S. YAY I finally got the hang of embedding yt vids hehehehehe!
edit on 9-10-2013 by IrishCream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

So out of all the people complaining in this thread, who is going to be the one to go down in history to start the revolution? We need to get together somehow and force these A$$ clowns out of office, ASAP!! Shutdown or not, we need to be there forcing them out!!! Count me in if someone wants to set something up!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The more I see things like this, the more I find myself seeing the Roman Empire in it's last days.

We have a front row seat in potentially one of histories most exciting times, the collapse of an empire.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

MinorityReporter
Seems to me like the next stage in the plan is to poke the wounded dog. With the intention to make him snap so they can justify their actions.

They' re probably chuckling in awe of how far they can go. A testament to the goodness in people.

Goodness? Lazy?

Simply too busy earning a living to keep tabs on the devolution of our gangster government?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join