WE all have bug out bags here.
- Distilled water packets for 5 days.
- Food bars for 5 days. (not for me, I can't eat them, but for the family).
- Change of clothes for winter and summer. (also extra socks and underware)
- Candle and matches.
- Toiletries (small soap, toothpaste, comb, small shampoo)
- An extra pair of sneakers hanging off the back.
- Empty canteen also hanging off the back.
- A hat in a side pocket.
- 1st aide stuff (asprin, bug bite, off, bandaids, etc.)
- Thin sleeping bag and also a 'space blanket' (silver and can fold up very small)
- Small individual waterproof puptent. (I have half, my husband has the other half)
- Knife (a good one).
- Mosquito netting for over the hat/head.
ETA .. I forgot .... we all have a compass and a whistle on the outside of our bags as well.
Also - the change of clothes .. the pants have draw strings because your weight will change
depending on the amount of food you are able to get ahold of. If you pack pants, make
sure they have a draw string and side pockets ... cargo pants.
edit on 10/8/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)