It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabbing death of U.S. soldier might be hate crime, police say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Police in western Washington state were looking for five black suspects in the stabbing death of a white U.S. Army soldier in what authorities said on Sunday may have been a racially motivated killing.

The victim, identified by the Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office as Tevin Geike, 20, was walking with two fellow soldiers early Saturday morning in the Tacoma suburb of Lakewood when a car drove past them and its occupants yelled "something about being white," according to witness statements summarized in a Lakewood Police Department news release.

Stabbing death of U.S. soldier might be hate crime, police say

I ran a search didn't find this posted.

This should be a top news story but not a peep from the major news networks. Murdering a US soldier on US soil should be an instant death sentence and should be a big deal specifically if it is being labeled as a hate crime. This crap really needs to stop and should have more media coverage to help find those involved in this senseless crime.

I truly hope they find the murderers and bring them to justice and condolences to this mans family. Is a shame he wasn't safe on his home soil.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I also hope they find the murdering scum that done such a thing.

However all violent crimes are basically hate crimes.

The term Hate Crime should not exist as it does nothing more than lessen the severity of all crimes.

A crime is a crime after all!

edit on 7-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Golly... It MAY have been racial? You mean 5 black attackers may make racial slurs and then stab a white man to death for other reasons? What was the first clue...the 5:1 on racial lines or the racial slurs that came before the murder? Hmmm...

I wonder... when 5 white boys would go and drag a black man to a tree for a lynching ..did the headlines back then also say it *MAY* have been racial? I love the backbreaking effort to remain neutral ...only sometimes. It's a sight to see.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It's not a big, breaking news story because the victim was white. Had the victim been black, the event would have made national news and been replayed to the hilt.

Since it was a white guy it doesn't serve any purpose to air it over and over. It isn't going to raise anger among the races like it would if it had happened the other way around. It isn't going to add to "The Boiling Point" so to speak. I wouldn't bet on them finally labeling this a hate crime officially either. That usually doesn't pertain to white people no matter how much "hate" was involved.

That's what I feel is the truth whether it ruffles folks' feathers or not.

It's not fair that it will not get the same amount of attention, as this man means as much to his family as any other living being does. Hopefully justice will be served regardless of how much coverage it gets.
edit on 10/7/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Crazy stuff, "they" would have us believe all white people are privileged and all non white people are oppressed and that there is no such thing as white racial slurs or even crimes committed because people are white and some white guy being killed, even a white US soldier being killed because of his race is not news worthy, it is ridiculous.

I must have missed the white privilege meeting because I certainly have never had any, I have been followed, accused, profiled, been denied and refused with the best of them, for someone to try and convince me other wise by playing on white guilt is laughable.

The really sick part is, somewhere out there, someone not involved in this incident, deep down inside, thinks this white guy deserved to die because some black guy somewhere else died. These are the truly racist ones and most likely the first one's who jump on the "white guilt" and "white privilege" band wagon.

I am beyond sick of this crap.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I wonder... when 5 white boys would go and drag a black man to a tree for a lynching ..did the headlines back then also say it *MAY* have been racial? I love the backbreaking effort to remain neutral ...only sometimes. It's a sight to see.

Wow, you seriously had to bring up that whole "let's lynch/rape/dehumanize the black folks" era, huh? As a black woman, I'm offended...but I'll get over it, I hope you get over it as well. Actually, that scenario occurred regularly "back then"...I'm sure there weren't very many headlines that sided with any black man or woman that was lynched "back then". I'm sure the headline for your scenario would have been congratulatory to the "5 white boys".

The murder of this soldier is disgustingly tragic, may he rest in peace. The murderers should be sentenced to the experience the same evil that they dished out.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Ignoring the sheer stupidity of the "hate crime" modifier....why would killing a US soldier on US soil warrant the death penalty?

Are soldiers just a little more equal now?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Now if they are caught, which is highly unlikely since the black community never speaks to the police about such things, shouldnt they be tried for treason and aiding and abetting the enemy? After all they did kill a U.S. soldier in time of war.

Where are the marches in the streets for this young man demanding justice? And if a white version of al sharpton was to speak up would he be immediately labeled racist and dismissed and ignored by the msm?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Actually, you are right. Usually I am first to say that soldiers are no better than citizens, I have even had arguments with family about that very thing (Some still won't talk to me, lol), that many people working for a living are also risking their lives to make this country function and who's families also have to sacrifice. That volunteering for service is a job just like any other job needed to make this country function.

Kind of odd I said that actually ... Was just thinking how F'ed up it is this guy may have survived combat in a foreign land and then comes home only to be murdered in a hate crime, for the record, I would had said the same thing if the races where reversed. Just P'ed me off.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Picked up by CNN ...

Police: Black man kills white soldier in racially charged incident

For a second there I was thinking MSM was going to ignore this ...
edit on 7-10-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Arent all violent crimes "hate" crimes? I mean you dont stab someone cause you really really like them?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

True but ...

Hate crime is a category used to describe bias-motivated violence: "assault, injury, and murder on the basis of certain personal characteristics: different appearance, different color, different nationality, different language, different religion.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Tazkven
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Actually, you are right. Usually I am first to say that soldiers are no better than citizens, I have even had arguments with family about that very thing (Some still won't talk to me, lol), that many people working for a living are also risking their lives to make this country function and who's families also have to sacrifice. That volunteering for service is a job just like any other job needed to make this country function.

Kind of odd I said that actually ... Was just thinking how F'ed up it is this guy may have survived combat in a foreign land and then comes home only to be murdered in a hate crime, for the record, I would had said the same thing if the races where reversed. Just P'ed me off.

It pisses me off, too.

I think about his mother, the lady who loved him, his closest friend. The hole they now have in their life, and how painful it must be for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Tazkven
Murdering a US soldier on US soil should be an instant death sentence

By that logic shouldnt murding a taliban soldier or a Iraq republican guard or a Vietnamese or North Korean or Nazi be a death sentance for a US soldier on there soil?

If the attacker were say linked to the taliban then a US soldier was a valid miltary target.

Of cousre if it truns out it was just a bunch of racist thugs and no link to the war. Fair game lock them away or fry them.
edit on 7-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

niobe

Wrabbit2000

Wow, you seriously had to bring up that whole "let's lynch/rape/dehumanize the black folks" era, huh? As a black woman, I'm offended...but I'll get over it, I hope you get over it as well. Actually, that scenario occurred regularly "back then"...I'm sure there weren't very many headlines that sided with any black man or woman that was lynched "back then". I'm sure the headline for your scenario would have been congratulatory to the "5 white boys".

The murder of this soldier is disgustingly tragic, may he rest in peace. The murderers should be sentenced to the experience the same evil that they dished out.

I'm sorry you're offended. I imagine you'll get over it though. The white man who just got killed in what sure looks like a racial murder won't be getting over it any time soon, and those 5 punks who killed him, with racial slurs others heard, will be getting over it sooner than anyone would like ...since I don't see anything here supporting Capital punishment, even if the state there would allow for it and pursue it.

I did use that comparison and a very valid comparison it was AND STILL IS. If 5 blacks kill a white while babbling racial hatred? It's, at LEAST in part, a racial murder. If 5 whites string up a black man or....as happened in Jasper Texas, tie a black man to a truck bumper and drive until he's dead? It's a racial murder.

In both cases...It's hate at it's most base, ugliest and depraved. Whether it's a white racist punk or a black racist punk is rather immaterial, and that was my point. The racial crimes of generations past ARE NO BETTER OR DIFFERENT than the racial crimes of these generations, whether the ones doing it are of a different race now from then, or not.

So...Sorry for the offense, in that narrow sense of apology. The Sentiment is sincerely felt and very much intended as described above.

*By the way, the precise wording of the story says they yelled "something about being white" before coming back and seeing the confrontation develop into murder. Maybe I'm assuming too much and they were actually asking him how he enjoyed life as a serving white man in this nation's armed forces? I'm thinking that isn't terribly likely though ...since homicide was on their mind quickly enough, if not right from the start.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

The thing is, there's a lot of hate crimes going on today. World wide. However, the politically correct newspapers don't dare mention the black on X hate crimes. In Sweden, a Swedish politician died the other day because an African man beat and stabbed him. Yet, the newspapers didn't even write about it.

A Swedish sixteen year old girl was gang raped by sixteen immigrants. Yet, the newspaper didn't care to include who did it. (They would have if it was a fellow ethnic Swede or someone else from Europe.) An Afghani man was running around targeting white teens to rob at knife point. He gave one young girl a "Glasgow smile".

A group of Somalian immigrants went on a "raping spree" in Oslo a couple of years back targeting white Norwegian girls. It was so bad that women didn't even dare go out. Upon trial, they said, "Raping a white Norwegian is like raping a dog, no one cares as they're below us".

How is this not a hate crime? And this is going on in relatively tiny European/Scandinavian countries. White on immigrant crime in Norway/Sweden etc. is virtually unheard of.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Murdering a US Soldier on US soil should be an instant death sentence? What about the innocent people US soldiers kill in their own country? Should they get a death sentence as well? I think so.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

i wonder if Holder's Justice Department and FBI are gonna investigate to see if his civil rights were violated.
after all he was a U.S. Solider.

edit on 7-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Alrighty then.

Clean your previous post up however you please...I've already had my say. Not here to debate with ya.

Peace and blessings.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Racism is racism is RACISM

A single drop of it is as bad as a million or more occurrences of it.

Nobody should be singled out for their sex, race (what a silly thing to say really, let's call it what it is, their physical appearance...we're all human), beliefs, religion, etc.

Any attack, verbal, physical, or otherwise, should be treated the same. With the same disgust, the same vitriol.

Any death as a result of racism, and for that matter ignorance, is, a shame upon us all.

Nobody has earned a special status with regards to status.

The simple F%^$#d up matter of the fact is, our society is pretty screwed. We can't see the forest for the trees. We cannot see the diamond for the coal. We cannot see ourselves in ourselves.

Wrabbit was 100% correct in what he said.

Niobe, I'm sorry any of this has offended you, but, how you can deny anything I've just said...well, if you can, it amazes me as a person.

- SN
edit on 7-10-2013 by SadistNocturne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join