It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabbing death of U.S. soldier might be hate crime, police say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

You know I think Monger had one of the best comments about there really being one race.

We are all a part of the human race, that is the only race that matters. Because we are all the same with a high capacity to adapt that made changes develop in everyone over time. Until we start realizing that considering everyone equal and working together is our best bet for survival in the long term, and stop looking for reasons to hate one group of people or another, we will continue to take steps backward that help no one.

As a country built by immigrants from all over, we should have learned the value of diversity. All immigrants from all different areas with different beliefs and yet we became the most powerful country in the world. Those differences make us strong, attacking one or another group for differences is ignorant and weakens us as a whole.

The media seems to always want to sensationalize stories to incite one group or another to encourage hatred because they can get more ratings. It is possible this was a supposed hate crime, although that distinction is worthless the person is no less dead no matter how you say it. I still say it is less likely from active duty soldiers, especially if they had been combat soldiers who had to depend on their brothers in arms.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by inquisitive1977

I am a firm believer in only one race myself and I think the idea of any sort of race war is absurd and even if in the snowball's chance in hell there is one I will not be participating. I am not going to murder my nurse, a Union Brother, my child's teacher, the guy working at the gas station ... my neighbor. I like these people, the thought alone of killing someone on the sole basis of skin color turns my stomach, much less someone I personally know.

Why? Because it is wrong and that is my point in this entire thread, to pretend there are no such thing as racial crime against whites and no such thing as white racial slurs, in my mind, is almost like saying hey ... it is ok. The reality is that it isn't ok. It breeds ignorance.

These soldiers obviously cared or they would had not had yelled back something like,"Is that anyway to treat a combat vet?". Who is at fault here? What initiated the whole confrontation leading up to the senseless death of a young man? It was a racial slur.

These instances need to stop being swept under the rug. We need to stop pretending that there is no such thing as white racial slurs or racial crime against whites. No, I am not talking about retaliation, I am talking about education. Pretending it don't happen or that no one cares, I believe, sends the wrong message.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Monger

HanzHenry
reply to post by Tazkven

Hate Crimes.. yeah right not with black attackers and white victims. Show ONE link of a case

www.amren.com...

The victim in that case is Asian, but there are numerous cases of black people being charged with racially motivated crimes against people of many different races.

I could just as easily have found a case where the victim was a white person, but frankly, what's the point. What difference does it make what race the victim is. Or the perp for that matter.

edit on 10/7/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

Funny.

could of found one? But did NOT find one,

So, until you do... Lie... That is what you did... LIED!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I get it, so if I were to kill someone for a reason other than the color of their skin, that would be called a love crime.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

How on earth did I lie?

I'm telling you, it's untrue that no black person has ever been charged with a so-called hate crime against a white victim. It is verfiably untrue.

The fact that you can't be bothered to find your own examples doesn't make it any less true, it just makes it abundantly clear that you would much rather believe what you feel to be true. Ignorance is bliss, and junk.

You clearly have no intention to engage in an adult conversation on this or any other issue.

The general trend over the years has been that posters like yourself usually go into hiding once the school year begins - did you recently drop out or something?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I won't argue that, there is plenty of hatred to go around. Mainly I took issue with implying that because it was military it must be racism and it must be military covering it up. The implication that the military regularly "draw a line between races" and then that last comment made where the previous poster stated thay have "PROUDLY not served". They seemed to be steadily implying and assuming that everyone in the military was horrible and racist and they were happy they weren't a part of it. Basically advocating hatred of another form outside of race.

It is possible that even in the military this kind of violence can happen due to racism, this might have been one such case. My point was is being in the military you HAVE to deal with people from all over all the time. People generally learn that kind of ignorance is plain stupid. In the military it is actually far less likely to have that happen when you depend on each other for your lives.

I'm not saying everyone that was or is in the military is great, there were plenty of people I did not like but that always had to do with character, attitude or so on and never race.

However all I know right now is that someone talked with what seems to be one person and decided this was a hate crime. Then when interviewing everyone on the scene they completely changed their minds. This could just as easily have been someone that assumed race was an issue solely because one group was black and one white. It could also be that this is a cover up, but probably not for any negative reasons. As one poster said there is a small percentage of black population there. If plenty of people got upset and planned for retaliation than many others could end up paying for what one crazy and stupid person did. I believe it was someone in his own group that turned him in so they weren't even ok with it, although I think I've seen multiple stories now and not sure which to believe.

We should not be publicizing and given new names for murder, that alone is bad enough. When it gets a lot of publicity plenty of stupid people can start assuming everyone of one race is out to get them. They can start rationalizing that they may need to kill them to defend themselves. These stories help encourage hatred and are a part of the problem.

edit on 8-10-2013 by inquisitive1977 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Where are the statements of outrage from Jessee Jackson and Al Sharpton?

Aren't they allegedly against racially motivated hate crimes?

Have I mistaken them for someone else?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
niobe

Wow, you seriously had to bring up that whole "let's lynch/rape/dehumanize the black folks" era, huh? As a black woman, I'm offended...but I'll get over it, I hope you get over it as well. Actually, that scenario occurred regularly "back then"...I'm sure there weren't very many headlines that sided with any black man or woman that was lynched "back then". I'm sure the headline for your scenario would have been congratulatory to the "5 white boys".

The murder of this soldier is disgustingly tragic, may he rest in peace. The murderers should be sentenced to the experience the same evil that they dished out.

This is the exact, played out deflection I knew someone would pull. It's the same sort of justification muslims use to excuse their atrocities, since some other religious group slaughtered civilians in the past it's ok to do it in the present. As much as you attempt to downplay the fact that you're 'offended' you've made your true feelings all the more clear; that 150 years since the Emancipation Proclamation, 50 years since since singing 'We shall overcome' and 5 years since the election of a black man as president, minorities still seem to think that the mean 'ol white man is keeping them down.

Rather than entering the 21st century as peers, you still see certain groups using the past as a crutch and cop out. If you really want to be offended you should try reading the UCR that the FBI releases every year. However I doubt you have the desire to read honest statistics and per capita data that proves beyond any shadow of doubt that there is a disproportionate amount of violence committed toward white people from other than white people.

Hate crime legislation is just another example of the scales of justice being unequally balanced, as apparently only white people are capable of targeting someone based on the color of their skin. It's is disgusting that groups use the term 'equality' when in reality equality is only desired until it becomes an inconvenience.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

MALBOSIA

Piper96
The updated story is that the five suspects are also soldiers and that the stabbing was NOT racially motivated, but that after all the men had discovered they were active duty began to walk away. One of the soldiers then went over and gave what looked like a bear hug to the victim, and when he returned to the car he had blood all over him. Three of the five were just caught when the perpetrator asked for first aid help from another soldier. Insane...soldiers killing soldiers. What a tragedy.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ whats this ? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^'

Do you have a link?

This is FauxNews but according to interviews they ruled out hate crime.

nation.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join