It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have "Ghosts" Appear Right On your PC - Amazing and Fascinating!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

It just places random polygons and if it is closer to having eyes and a mouth it improves the fitness of the image and saves the polygon. If not, it places a new polygon till it does etc ...

So, a perodelia algorithm.
Neat. I guess. Not really.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Let me say from the start, this is simply an algorithm that generates a response from another piece of software. Nothing supernatural and nothing ghosty etc.

Without wishing to start a debate on the supernatural, is there a possible application for this when investigating hauntings, seances etc.

It may be interesting to see any results generated and compared to any available 'real life' photographs.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Goodness, am I the only one who read the OP, thought the process (which he described in the post) was cool, and went along with the spirit of the post?

Play with it. Despite knowing the science, it is fun and not a bit creepy watching the faces emerge*.

*and yes, I do know that it is only occasionally that you get something that looks like a face. Still fun!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I have seen some stupid things on skunk works and it is good to see something just fun to do it reminds me of when ABOVE TOP SECRET was first made im glad that you have posted this you have done a good job and good way to give examples and links and a purpose behind it. GREAT JOB!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Pinke

So, a perodelia algorithm.
Neat. I guess. Not really.

Such a grinch.

It's actually a good way to generate a large data set to test an algorithm. Large data sets are pretty hard to find in image forensics and signal processing , especially good test data that can be released for other researchers.

Is not a totally new concept buuuuuut have a heart haha

top topics

<< 1   >>

join