It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have "Ghosts" Appear Right On your PC - Amazing and Fascinating!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What happens if you combine a program which randomly paints polygons with FACE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE - and put those two programs together in a loop?

Well..GHOSTS HAPPEN!

This is a program called "pareidoloop" iobound.com... which does exactly this:

The program will draw random polygons, feeds them into face recognition software and then, simply spoken, "takes away what looks less like a face" and "keeps those parts which resemble a face". Let this run for a few 1000 iterations - and out comes really CREEPY stuff:

By the way, it runs best in Google Chrome (a lot faster than in Firefox).

There is also a version in color:

www.russellmcc.com...

edit on 72013RuSundayAmerica/Chicago46PMSundaySunday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Amazing, my computer has a face. This brings personality to your own computer/the internet, reminds me of the little girl computer from resident evil. The face of AI.

Its crazy to think that computers have the power to make there own faces, individuality, makes AI and the future kind of scary.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Im NOT downloading and running that. My computer will probably be giving me the finger...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Advantage
Im NOT downloading and running that. My computer will probably be giving me the finger...

website generator sort of software, no download needed

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Wolvo

Advantage

website generator sort of software, no download needed

Im ran it.. and I was sorta right. Looks pissed. Thank God it doesnt have a middle finger to give me!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Heres my first one:

Second one on higher settings:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Your first one looks like Oscar the Grouch with some plastic wrap on his face... or maybe thats ectoplasm from the ethereal realm??

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Okay, so I ran this program at a couple of output sizes, max generations and fitness levels.

First run, 100 output size, standard 27.5 fitness, standard 6000 max generations:

Second run, 200 output size, 35 fitness and 10000 max generations:

All in all, a cool program that I have bookmarked, but not something I would attribute to the paranormal at all.

I'm running it once again to see what i get for a third face with the same settings as the second picture in this reply.

***ETA*** Nothing to report for the third attempt. It didn't look like anything.
edit on 10/6/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: added text

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
What happens if you combine a program which randomly paints polygons with FACE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE - and put those two programs together in a loop?

Well..GHOSTS HAPPEN!

You idiot... it's just a rock.

Oh.
Sorry. Wrong thread. My bad.

-------------
Seriously though - that's a very cool piece of software. I like it!
It does go to show, though, just how strong the mind is, and how geared we are toward facial recognition - even to the point where we can be deceived about what we're actually seeing. Yes, I'm looking at you, Mars-Rock-Enthusiasts.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos
All in all, a cool program that I have bookmarked, but not something I would attribute to the paranormal at all.

I don't think there is any real suggestion that it is ....

If anything, the name of the program and what it does ... it's using maths to replicate common mistakes humans make within a computer framework. You can get other amusing results by pointing facial recognition algorithms at your computer; it turns out computers can find Jesus in toast too sometimes.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is not paranormal, it is mathematical. Although, I could see how math could seem paranormal to those who don't understand it

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

How are you getting large images? I get post stamp sized things I cannot even see and no way to resize them.

in ff and chrome.

stupid computers... and stupid user. So you need to let it finish, and you cant 'cease' it mid way. okeydokey.

they all look like Einstein to me.

Mind you, all it really is doing is saying "Does this random thing match this pattern? No? Discard it. Yes? Invent gravity!" over and over.

if the polygons came up with faces on their own, it would be super. But I have no champagne nearby and no hope of giving my pc sentience..

edit on 7-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

winofiend

How are you getting large images? I get post stamp sized things I cannot even see and no way to resize them.

in ff and chrome.

stupid computers... and stupid user. So you need to let it finish, and you cant 'cease' it mid way. okeydokey.

they all look like Einstein to me.

Mind you, all it really is doing is saying "Does this random thing match this pattern? No? Discard it. Yes? Invent gravity!" over and over.

if the polygons came up with faces on their own, it would be super. But I have no champagne nearby and no hope of giving my pc sentience..

edit on 7-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

output size

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

very cool website..... the above image was the result of a hour or so.... I started watching a movie and forgot it was running lol..... that's at 250 output and 27 on fitness.

just restarted it a 200 output and 35 on fitness
edit on 7-10-2013 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I don't get it. Where is it getting the images or shapes from? Is it pulling it off your computer or what?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

It just places random polygons and if it is closer to having eyes and a mouth it improves the fitness of the image and saves the polygon. If not, it places a new polygon till it does etc ...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ran just fine on my Firefox. Really interesting, a great example of matrixing. However, as someone else noted this isn't paranormal. Would have probably got more hits in another forum as this is quite fun to play with.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

ProfessorChaos

Pinke

ProfessorChaos

I don't think there is any real suggestion that it is ....

If anything, the name of the program and what it does ... it's using maths to replicate common mistakes humans make within a computer framework. You can get other amusing results by pointing facial recognition algorithms at your computer; it turns out computers can find Jesus in toast too sometimes.

From the OP:

Well..GHOSTS HAPPEN!

That was what I was addressing when I said that there did not appear to be anything paranormal with regard to this program.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Yeah it's not that creepy, and it's not ghosts. It's just a program that basically draws faces with vague shapes.

Nothing mysterious or creepy about this, at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That is some creepy stuff! Yeah, there are some iterations that come out looking like nothing, but the ones that do.....Watching it go through the iterations, I can almost imagine a ghost trying to break free

top topics

<<   2 >>

join