It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Evict Elderly Couple From Their Home, Cite Shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, here's just one more example of how the Fed's are going out of their way to make this shutdown as painful as possible for the average American citizen...IMO, simply to score political points.

Or, in the now immortal words of that park ranger, citing orders from his higher ups in the administration:
“We've been told to make life as difficult for people as we can.”

National Park Service officials cited the government shutdown as the reason for ordering an elderly Nevada couple out of their home, which sits on federal land.

"Unfortunately overnight stays are not permitted until a budget is passed and the park can reopen," an NPS spokesman explained to KTNV.

Ralph and Joyce Spencer, aged 80 and 77, respectively, own their home, but the government owns the land on which it sits.

"I had to be sure and get his walker and his scooter that he has to go in," Joyce Spencer told the local news outlet. "We're not hurt in any way except it might cost me if I have to go buy more pants."

Similarly, the NPS forced privately-operated inns on the Blue Ridge Parkway to close during the shut down.

washingtonexaminer.com...

edit on 6-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Those who have the gold and the guns make the rules...Always...... until the guns or gold is taken from them.

edit on 6-10-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just how lame can they make this whole affair. It's seems obvious they are just doing things hit or miss.

One would think if a house is allowed to be built on the land, access would be always allowed. Wonder what these people signed off on legal wise.

That single digit approval rate is dropping below 5% for me.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

this is unbelievable, way past shameful.
someone please explain to me why the NPS is acting like they're having some kind of temper tantrum. is federal land about to be utilized in some way?

I think it is beautiful how accepting and humble the evicted folks are though. they sound like they type of people who should be running our government.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It sounds to me like States need to consider asserting the maximum of their rights under the 10th, going forward, in so far as making everything possible a State and not Federal property. Poor Nevada at over 84% Federal ownership of land is kinda hopeless and ..sorry Wyoming, Idaho and Montana, 0 chance of getting the Feds to cede Yellowstone without a war I think...but anywhere it CAN be done? States need to buy or take back the land which is inside their borders, so they can control it.

This 'Uncle controls all' nonsense is precisely what the Founders fought to prevent.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

You're right, the old couple is handling it well, with dignity...and even humor.

"I had to be sure and get his walker and his scooter that he has to go in," Joyce Spencer told the local news outlet. "We're not hurt in any way except it might cost me if I have to go buy more pants."

I know that if a bunch of jack-booted, government thugs showed up at my door to evict ME from my home...I'd probably 'have to go buy more pants'!

edit on 6-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: link added

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

IAMTAT
"citing orders from his higher ups in the administration..."

Hitler would be SO proud...

Look up Obama Nuremberg Defense

When American leaders quote Nazi defense arguments, we can only pray that G-d and destiny will have mercy upon our nation. liberalsinexile.blogspot.com...

The Nazi defendants at the Nuremberg trials must be down in Hell kicking themselves for not thinking of this:

"White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel said over the weekend the administration did not support prosecutions for “those who devised policy.” Aides later said he was referring to CIA superiors who ordered the interrogations, not the Justice Department officials who wrote the legal memos allowing them.Then came Obama’s comments Tuesday when a reporter asked him if he backed prosecution for those who devised the interrogation policy. He had already shot down the idea of prosecuting any of the CIA agents who carried out the interrogations on grounds they were following the law at the time."

Wow, so the standard now is that you’re off the hook for crimes against humanity if the lawyers told you it was okay? Sweet! Does that work for other crimes as well? Obama’s New Nuremberg Defense

edit on 6-10-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The US governments' actions in the homeland are in perfect harmony with their actions abroad.

Screw everybody.

It's long overdue for the American people to take out the trash.

Long overdue.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sounds like these government jerks are having a fun little practice run.

So angry about the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

It makes one wonder why everyone on federal land isn't dislodged from their homes every weekend and holiday.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Something we might all want to consider... A government takes what it wants and taxes the rest. That procedure has been restricted in many countries by laws. With the ruling on Obamacare by the S>C calling it a tax and the abuse of eminent domain laws by a few local yokels and the very destruction of the meaning of words written in laws to include the Constitution's wording... all three branches of our government need to hang their head in shame.
If there ever was a time for some Governors to stand up and be heard it is now IMO.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I really feel for all the American citizens at this time. Yet more scandalous apathetic displays from people in government offices and departments who could reverse this series of events by showing some compassion.

From where I'm sitting, this seems really like going the extra mile to disgust the citizenry and really damage their psyche. The couple own their home and still have to get out? Someone has to be behind this excessive lunacy.

Well we've all heard about TPTB's agenda to bring about a civil revolt so they can install marshal law. Is all this crap being concocted just to move that agenda forward at a faster clip? Push and push the citizens:

• barricade in order to stop WW2 veterans from visiting their memorial

shoot a mom in front of her little child

prevent the child from being returned to family

stop fishermen from going to work and earning their living

evict an elderly couple from their own home

--- push them until they explode? Wow, just plain wow. I have no other words for this incredulous series of events. Just how long will this list get to be?

And of all those in government offices with just enough power and compassion who could reverse lots of this, are they being ordered to not interfere? It sure looks that way.

Stay strong, my friends.
edit on 6-10-2013 by aboutface because: typos

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am sure their attitude toward this was, in part, formed by authorities telling them why it was happening - to make it as miserable as possible. In addition I would say they are shaking their heads at the rediculous state of our government. After all - they have seen a lot.

Is our government that stupid - that this will pressure people to write their reps to tell them to give in? I whole heartedly believe they do think people are that dumb. Rather it shows us how out of control they are. I only hope something comes of this shut down - for people to actually act to prevent this strong arming/owning everything much like Kings did in times past. Get into the castle your set for life. I'm having the story of Henry the 8th play through my head right now. What will it take for others to see what has happened?

Sadly - they have used our own money to buy up everything and own it. Quite sad indeed.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Expect this when you live on federal land. When they own the land they live on then they will have a reason to complain. Besides one of the requirements to lease a place on these lands is you must have an alternative residence. So all they are doing is complaining about not getting to a place they don't even own.

Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends

The Lake Mead properties are considered vacation homes; one of the lease requirements to own a plot is people must have an alternative residence.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Hitler would be SO proud...

Yes he would be so proud of how easily it is to get the American public to believe in an unnamed source.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
At this point, I don't give a damn who's fault it is... Republicans, Democrats, or the mother freaking Easter Bunny. Americans are under attack by an out of control, fascist government. Its time to hit the reset button.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

How can the government do this? What if this elderly couple had no family nor friends? Most elderly are on fixed incomes. I am totally disgusted with our country and government. It just seems lately like everything is just way out of balance.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
By this same logic, shouldn't Obama and family be turfed out of the White House too, as that is, I am guessing, Federal land / property as well and subject to the shutdown?

Another dog and pony show and the good little drones follow their orders to the letter!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Britguy
By this same logic, shouldn't Obama and family be turfed out of the White House too, as that is, I am guessing, Federal land / property as well and subject to the shutdown?

Another dog and pony show and the good little drones follow their orders to the letter!

Actually, THAT's quite an interesting argument to make!

...AND, speaking of Vacation homes on Federal land...I see Camp David is still open.
edit on 6-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I see your Camp David and raise you The White House as being a residence on Federal Land.

Tell Michelle to pack the bags...

Doh, that's what I get for skimming. All props to Britguy.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join