It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Evict Elderly Couple From Their Home, Cite Shutdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Either ATS isn't accepting news from the Las Vegas Review Journal or the federal government doesn't want us to know that the name of the spokesperson for the Lake Mead Recreational Area is Christie Vanover, who was the one quoted for the original article.

Too bad I couldn't link the article. It tells Bob Hitchcock's story of how he was kicked out of his Lake Mead home too.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Look's like it's time for all federal land to be vacated, including the White House.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The source you tried to use was...how can I put this OH SO CAREFULLY.....a very regular, active and enthusiastic name in countless civil lawsuits against websites all over the United States ...to 'recover' damages for image copyright violations.

The site I work as a Mod (not this one) lost $12,000 to that scam by settling on the threat of over 1/4 million dollars. Attorneys told him a 100% win would cost him many times more than the settlement. So he gave them a payday to keep from losing much more to win.

No censorship, IMO. Just some sources making themselves ones to be banned from most contribution sites across the net. That one I work at bans every remote mention of them or close affiliates of any sort, as blanket policy as well.

Just an FYI as so many run to censorship flags to fly when that happens.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Deetermined
Either ATS isn't accepting news from the Las Vegas Review Journal or the federal government doesn't want us to know that the name of the spokesperson for the Lake Mead Recreational Area is Christie Vanover, who was the one quoted for the original article.

Too bad I couldn't link the article. It tells Bob Hitchcock's story of how he was kicked out of his Lake Mead home too.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

I tried posting the same article earlier in the thread and it was restricted as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I have read through the first couple of pages and keep seeing people saying its on Government land or feds own it. Last time I checked it is the peoples land and that is where we are loosing it. We need to remember we are the boss, and we need to start letting them no they work for us. Or we may as well throw in the towel now. Is that what we the people really want?
edit on 7-10-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I am sure someone has mentioned it already?

The Lake Mead properties are considered vacation homes; one of the lease requirements to own a plot is people must have an alternative residence.

Regardless, the Spencers said it's their property and they should be allowed in, shutdown or not.

www.ktnv.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
cry a river for a couple that should have a primary residence somewhere else.
this is just another example of whiners not reading the full story

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The federal & state government has control over all the land. They always say it's to preserve it. You can't fish, hunt or home stead. What good is land if no one is using it? Another form of control force everyone to live in the city of pollution.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Once in a while I can say I'm very proud of my state, and my Governor.

State DNR refuses federal directive to close some popular parks

The park service ordered state officials to close the northern unit of the Kettle Moraine, Devil's Lake, and Interstate state parks and the state-owned portion of the Horicon Marsh, but state authorities rebuffed the request because the lion's share of the funding came from state, not federal coffers.

The agency also reopened a boat launch Wednesdayat Wyalusing State Park on the Mississippi River. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service closed the launch on Tuesday because it was on federal land.

But in a sign of defiance, the DNR removed the barricades at the landing, saying it had the legal authority to operate the launch under a 1961 agreement with the federal government.

Linkity Link Link

Thankfully, Wisconsin has the resources to cover the federal funding that has been pulled!
Thanks Scott!

edit on 7-10-2013 by Oaktree because: Neede editin'

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
and what are you going to do about it?

a) nothing, because you dont know what to do

b) nothing, because you are too scared to execute an idea and feel you stand alone.

c) complain about it on the internet

d) all of the above

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The government.... the Obama controlled government is using the nastiest tactics I've ever seen during this shutdown.

They are acting like bullies, and pirates.

How can they evict someone from their own home that they legally own regardless if its on fed lands or not. that's just disgusting. This is only being done to make people mad and to push that 'budget' through. Greed... pure greed and pure evil.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Intimidation, coercion, abuse of power. Your tax dollars at work here. We paid for these parks. This looks all so petty and frankly hard to believe.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Although its been pointed out a few times already.....

These people knew the deal when they purchased the property. Noone is allowed to have a primary residence on Federally owned land. This law has been in effect for over a hundred years.
While I think its asinine, this is a non story as ignorance of the law is no excuse. Yet you guys continuously gloss over that FACT and blame the government....the government we all elected. Sheesh...talk about ignorance.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by imasheep

But there is no reason for it. They are being used as political tools is all.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Deetermined
reply to post by Famouszor

No one can build or own a house on federal land. So this house they are talking about is owned by the Feds, which means the ones who live there were federally employed.

I bet if you did some homework, you'd find that these people owned the home and the land before they offered to sell the land (and land only) to the federal government and is leasing it back from them.

I did my homework.. This is what I found out.

"The Lake Mead properties are considered vacation homes; one of the lease requirements to own a plot is people must have an alternative residence."

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

(A) Taxpayer funds purchased and own the land that these people LEASE.

(B) In that LEASE agreement they are permitted to build a home.

(C) Ditto when Jiffy Lube or McDonalds LEASES Commercial property...They "Build Out" the structure and lease the property...the ground beneath their feet.

(D) In the LEASE agreement they agree not to make the property their permanent residence.

Sidenote: I know folks in the UP that do the same on Federal and State owned land/national forest. It's very cool to have 1000's of acres of rivers, streams and wildlife as your backyard...but acting as if you own it? It belongs to taxpayers.

(E) The NPS/Park rangers was forced to furlough all non-essential personnel, meaning if a storm, flood, national disaster etc. happens they don't have the manpower to evacuate and/or keep people in the Park safe. Why would it be fair to let this couple stay while asking everyone else that honored their lease left as they agreed to do? What happens if their is a forest fire? Flood? Bear attack etc. etc. It's not fair for this couple to claim taxpayer funded property as their own.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It is in vain to extenuate the matter. The people have begged, “Please! Please! Provide us peace from your tax men, less regulation on individuals struggling for the simplest of success, more self privacy, freedom from brutal and unjust law enforcement!”; but there is no peace, privacy, or chance at uninhibited individual success. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the District of Columbia, our nation’s capital city, will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and unending dependency? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join