It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The UFO Experience' - Rare 1980's Documentary.

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Don't know how long it will be up there but there's a good (and pretty rare) 1980's UFO documentary called 'The UFO Experience' which has recently been uploaded to Youtube -it covers quite a few really interesting cases like the Kaikoura, Cash/ Landrum, SAC Base Flyover and Tehran incidents as well as having some interesting interviews with folks such as Dr J. Allen Hynek, Dr Bruce Maccabee, Dr Richard Haines and debunker Philip Klass.

Also mentioned is the investigative work of MUFON and John Scheussler's Project VISIT (Vehicle Internal Systems Investigating Team) as well as an intriguing pilot UFO encounter over California in November 1980 where an unknown object was witnessed in close proximity to an aircraft performing right angle turns.

In 1983 Ron Lakis, on behalf of KPIX TV in San Francisco, produced 'The UFO Experience' which, almost 30 years later, still contains some of the best evidence on the subject. J. Allen Hynek, Peter A Gersten, Richard Haines, Bruce Maccabee, Tom Page, and John Scheussler are featured. Betty Cash, Vicky and Colby Landrum, Shannon Davis, Joseph Del Duca, and Carole Del Duca present the evidence. Narrated by Peter Coyote.

The UFO Experience | VIDEO DOCUMENTARY

Relevant ATS Threads:

Caught on film by TV crew: The 1978 Kaikoura UFO sightings

An in-depth (re)view of the Cash/ Landrum case

The SAC Base UFO Flyovers - Oct/Nov, 1975

The 1976 Tehran, F-4 Phantom Chases UFO Case
edit on 29-9-2015 by karl 12 because: Fix Video Link

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Wow good find Karl , a UFO documentary that I haven't seen ...rare indeed

Edit

Just finished watching , an excellent documentary that takes a well balanced dispassionate look at the subject with contributions by credible experts and witnesses , recommended viewing in my opinion .
Downloaded and saved to HD for future reference .

Guatemala City UFO footage in full , I'd forgotten all about this one

Tehran UFO September 19 1976 , Guatemala UFO on 6 October 1976 , could there be a connection ?

edit on 6-10-2013 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Sir, you just provided me with something 'UFO' related to watch other than the usual 'citizens hearing' or alike. Thanks, will check it out, though aren't the old movies talking more about UFOs being aliens than now... though right now im not sure what people are generally more convinced - that UFO are aliens or that they are something else. Back in those years UFO was used quite directly as a synonym of alien.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nice one Karl. I always enjoy the old documentaries not just for their historical viewpoint. They often contain snippets of information that otherwise have disappeared and/or correct some details that have been twisted down the decades.

Now I just have to find a spare hour to watch it.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Rather interesting, thanks for sharing. Some timeless information (photos will never serve as decent evidence) and some very dated information (the 'civilizations' bit in one of the last segments).

On the whole, very cool. And now I think I know why Clint Howard was cast for certain movies after this documentary

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

I always enjoy the old documentaries not just for their historical viewpoint. They often contain snippets of information that otherwise have disappeared and/or correct some details that have been twisted down the decades.

Absolutely agree .
For me the highlight was the interview with Betty Cash and Vickie Landrum , I know the story well but to my recollection I haven't seen much footage of the ladies recounting their story in person , the look in the eyes of Betty Cash said more than the words she spoke .

The dismissal of their court case because they could not prove the object or the Chinook helicopters were associated with the U.S. Government is to my mind a shameful farce .

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I generally consider them less interesting with less data but perhaps it is the opposite - the one close to the cases i.e a doc in the 80s about a case in the 60s? (forgotten when) is much better than a contemporary documentary about them because now it's mixed with so many stories and lies, it's hard to get the correct info.

In fact, seeing Cash/Landrum ALIVE back then and their first person testimony is gold compared to the 'UFO Hunters' episode which is the last documentary/show I saw about that case. The boy was in that show but overall there was really nothing that was said during the latter show.

What I notice is:

Option1

If any beings have come around, oh goody, they have been very active during the 50s-70s, abductions, encounters, mutilations, ships, some of the best cases are dating from these decades. It's also the core of Ufology when it comes to the cases.

Option 2

The program to indoctrinate people with alien visitors was in full force, while diamond shaped objects such as the one in Cash/Landrum case was a military project (probably derived from Nazi weapon schemes and technology).

Now there are so fewer cases that either the visitors got what they wanted to probe and around agreements they have decided not to visit any time soon, or COLD WAR is OVER, thus no need for such UFO cases. Yes, I am aware of contemporary UFO cases but they can't get even on the little finger of some of the best UFO cases in those decades...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

That's a classic- one of my favorites due to the contemporary coverage of the Cash-Landrum case. It was never widely seen, produced for a KPIX of San Francisco, then syndicated. Until Peter Gersten posted it, almost lost and forgotten.

A couple of spelling corrections on names:
Vickie Landrum & John F. Schuessler. The Vicky mistake is common, even their lawyer got it wrong in documents.

One point of interest is that Major Dennis Haire appears to comment that none of the men or craft under his command in the National Guard were flying the night of the sighting. Maj. Haire, was a pilot in his civilian life, and flew a helicopter during the reenactment of the sighting to stand in for the UFO.

Another big plus is that it features a rare appearance of Betty Cash's cardiologist, Dr. V.B. Shenoy. Very few of the original doctors have commented publicly on the case. (Most medical information comes from 2nd hand sources such as Dr. Peter Rank who never examined the witnesses, just medical records and photos.)

There's a few minor goofs: Narrator states that Air Force investigated the case, but it was the Army. States that legal action had been taken, which was technically not true- it happened at the end of 1982. The narrator also says that medical tests were inconclusive- not accurate. Some of the tests were negative.

Speaking of tests, heres an interesting bit of trivia aboutt he film:

During those early days a television crew came to Houston from California. At the time Betty and Vickie were quite ill and didn't want to be filmed. However, the crew promised them a form of help that had not been offered before. The crew claimed that the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California had developed a DNA test that could pinpoint the type of radiation that had caused their injuries. Betty and Vickie believed that they could get more specific medical treatment if they had the JPL data so they agreed to the filming. Unfortunately, after the crew completed the filming they left town and were never heard of again - they didn't make good on their promise.
rr0.org...
John f. Schuessler, UFO-Related Human Physiological Effects
It is unknown who made the promise. While uncredited, William Moore was a paid researcher for this film.

Thanks for posting this to help give exposure to this documentary. I've got a collection of other Cash-Landrum documentaries at blueblurrylines.blogspot.com...:
Cash-Landrum Documentary Collection

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and it's good to know Gortex has downloaded and saved this doco in case it ever gets removed from Youtube
-also linked below is an accompanying thread dealing with another great UFO doc from the 1980's called 'UFOs What's Going On':

UFOs What's Going On ... 1985 Documentary

CardDown

Thanks for posting this to help give exposure to this documentary. I've got a collection of other Cash-Landrum documentaries at blueblurrylines.blogspot.com...:

Cash-Landrum Documentary Collection

CardDown, have to say some awesome research there mate and very interesting reading about Project Visit -will certainly be having a good look through your blog when free time allows

Project VISIT takes a case

link

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
New Video Link:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

thanks, i haven't seen this one

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
a reply to: karl 12

thanks, i haven't seen this one

RoScoLaz4, no problem mate, it´s a good one.

Just finished watching this other one from 1977 and that´s got some pretty interesting interviews as well.

See 3.40

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Another rare one sourced by RealTVUFOs featuring interviews with Dr. Hynek, Carol Lorenzen, Ted Phillips, Charles Hickson etc.

“Time & Again: UFOs”

MSNBC presents NBC News UFO TV reports and the TV special, “UFO’s – Do You Believe?”

Part 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

There's this one from Australia as well, includes an interview with Hynek.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
New video link:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am assuming this video has already been posted however, probably worth a repost here as it is well worth a watch. The extra details on the Rendlesham incident are fascinating.

www.youtube.com...

Edited to give the link as there's a problem with embedding the video
edit on 9-6-2018 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
youtu.be...

That kind of video (Timothy Good) I prefer to a documentary, especially covering many aspects of the extraterrestrial phenomenon.

top topics

join