It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albino Moose Shot in Quebec during Hunting Season.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

frugal
I LOVE animals. Except for snakes. This is a tragic loss of life art. Those hunters and their families should be forced to eat what they took from Earth and its humanity. I am sure there are planets with animals and no people. It must be a peaceful heaven.
People can be evil. Many people on this earth are just evil. It results in the rest of us to being denied a place to exist in peace and harmony, including the animals. Animal cruelty makes me feel very very sad. Man can make a hell. I am in the stage of life where I avoid any dysfunctional angry violent hateful selfish conflict people causing evil relations. Life is way too short to spend time with such types of humans.
edit on 6-10-2013 by frugal because: (no reason given)

that is delusional//

whether in the sea, land or air. Animals were on Earth before humans and peaceful? lmfao.

ever watch an animal documentary.. Not the Lion King or Madagascar

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chefspicy

It made the Huffington post too.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...=2989437

Mi'kmaq communities in Cape Breton are upset after hunters shot a rare albino moose last week.The white moose was killed near Belle Cote, N.S."This is what we call a spirit animal,” said Clifford Paul, moose management co-ordinator for the Unamaki Institute of Natural Resources.Mi'kmaq hunter Danny Paul said aboriginal communities have known about the moose for years, but refrained from killing it because white animals are considered sacred."We know the significance and we've been teaching that to the non-native population for almost 500 years — about the importance that this and other white animals played in our lives," he said. "We are not to harm them in any way, shape, or form because they could be one of our ancestors coming to remind us of something significant that's going to happen within our communities.""It was so disrespectful having seen it put on the social media, and it's been an outcry and our people are outraged."

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
If it was killed as a trophy that's a shame.

If it was just a guy out for moose and he happened upon an albino moose then what's the big deal? An adult moose is like two years of meat for a family.

Magic and prophecy aside it's just a gene like blue eyes, blond hair and testicle size nothing special about it.

Laws specifically stating not to shoot an albino deer are funny. Like intentionally allowing for albinism to grow in prevalence is beneficial to the species or something?

I just dont understand why so many people find random occurrences special. Food is food. I'm not some moose racist who wont eat an albino one.

I wonder if the mystics would be outraged should the gene be bred for? A small herd and some genetic testing and we could be pumping out albino animals all day long. Does that upset the ancestors of whoever?
edit on 11-10-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I usually don't comment on these types of posts, but I'm appalled. Completely ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hunters trying to make 'amends'
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Sorry we shot your moose

Three hunters are trying to make amends for causing an outcry after they killed a rare albino moose considered sacred by the indigenous Mi'kmaq people.The hunters, who have not been named, shot the animal in the Cape Breton Highlands of Nova Scotia in Canada during a recent trip to the area.They claim they did not realise that their trophy would spark outrage among the Mi'kmaq, who believe albino creatures to be 'spirit' animals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join