It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albino Moose Shot in Quebec during Hunting Season.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
mods please move to prober section if needed. thx

ok well i am ashamed to be a human today after i saw these pictures of this beautiful albino moose was shot close to home here in campbellton new brunswick canada..

rumours has it they were shot this year obviously u can tell from the pictures it was, but these moose were apparently on protected native land and were found a few years ago and were not touched as they are suppose to be a special animal for the natives in this area.

there are an abundant number of moose in this area and for these hunters to let their ego get to them and shoot a white albino moose is just heartless.. serious how many of these animals are in the wild. whatever the number is its minus 1 now! maybe even 2 im not sure if it was one or 2 moose shot. but anyway, idk what was going thru these hunters minds to shoot this big beautiful moose. pics will be up soon on photobucket, i will edit when i have them up! thx.. one love.

albino moose, photobucket album
edit on 6-10-2013 by Chefspicy because: photo link

edit on Sun Oct 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ALBINO MOOSE SHOT IN QUEBEC DURING HUNTING SEASON. ....all caps in title

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chefspicy

I can't get the pic to come up.

But I am sure it looked tasty.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I am not familiar with the hunting laws of Canada and each state here in the U.S. varies as well. But I do know in Wisconsin it was illegal to shoot a albino deer. I've seen plenty and not once did I think about shooting.

Not because it was illegal, (I loves me some venison) but because they were just to beautiful and majestic.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretWeapon

picture is up

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I've never understood how certain types of people can look at an animal, awestruck at its beauty and power, and think to themselves "I must kill this thing of beauty and power."

How is that in any way a healthy trait in a human mind? If you're hunting for food, that's one thing...mostly unnecessary in our age, but I can deal with that.

They don't hunt wolves, tigers, bear, elephant, albino moose, etc for food, or for skins to wear to keep warm and dry; they hunt them for heads to hang on their walls.

It's abominable.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Hushabye

They don't hunt wolves, tigers, bear, elephant, albino moose, etc for food, or for skins to wear to keep warm and dry; they hunt them for heads to hang on their walls.

It's abominable.

Who's they?

I hunt/fish for food. If I had the space, I would also tan hides, but instead sell them to others so they can do their business.

But I never understood the Heads on the wall thing either. To me, if that is all they are "hunting" for, they should be refused a license to hunt. And their weapons taken from them. And I'm a Gun Nut!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
THAT is frickin horrible!

What's goin on in someones mind when they see a majestic creature such as that... and thinks, HEY lets shoot it!

-1 for the human race...

edit on 6-10-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Hushabye
How is that in any way a healthy trait in a human mind? If you're hunting for food, that's one thing...mostly unnecessary in our age, but I can deal with that.

Some people really have an issue with having hormone induced animals to eat.. Just saying...
edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Akragon
THAT is frickin horrible!

What's goin on in someones mind when they see a majestic creature such as that... and thinks, HEY lets shoot it!

I agree.

"Hey, it's nice and white, so let's kill it. "

Following that logic, the bride in a marriage would have very low chance life expectancy.

edit on 6-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

TDawgRex

I am not familiar with the hunting laws of Canada and each state here in the U.S. varies as well. But I do know in Wisconsin it was illegal to shoot a albino deer. I've seen plenty and not once did I think about shooting.

Not because it was illegal, (I loves me some venison) but because they were just to beautiful and majestic.

Ew, a hunter? you probably even have a gun! how can you lie like that and say you like animals?

I mean, you froth at the mouth with excitement right? Being able to shoot Bambi!...

I kid...

Good to see a man like you around/..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
how do these albino's fare in the wild?

Are they at disadvantage? erm. wait I don't know where I am going, was thinking of maybe a humanitarian kill..

boy, I am gonna bounce this around for a few weeks..lol

I respect moral hunting and like game meat.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have no problem with the moose hunt, but this is a frucking shame.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have no problem with hunting for meat either, but this is just so sad.

Unique animals, like white buffalos, white deer, this poor creature - should be protected by law. it's one thing if nature selects them out and they don't survive, but our hunters should conserve these one-of-a kind majestic examples of their species!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

HanzHenry
how do these albino's fare in the wild?

Are they at disadvantage?

Yeah, they are. Albino tigers have a really hard time catching preys, since they can hardly hide from the prey.

The same goes for an albino prey. They have alot of trouble hiding from a predator. That's why albinos have higher chance of survival in zoos.

edit on 6-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
All you have to do is Google how many tigers are left alive in the world, and you will understand.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
*heart weeps at the picture..* ...

they have their reward....

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Cynic
I have no problem with the moose hunt, but this is a frucking shame.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

yes...

exactly !

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

It's a genetic mutation that someone shot (hopefully legally). If there was no law broken why the big uproar? It probably would have died from a natural predator as animals that don't have the ability to camouflage usually don't last too long. Albino animals are a good teaching tool to show natural selection.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I had a real good Moose steak last week ..first time in 2 to 3 years ...I was brought up in the woods and we lived primarily off of what we could find .I am not sure if a moose being white would have exempted him from our dinner plate .Hey the rabbits would turn white and that had no bearing .But to be honest I think I would pass on the White Moose or a Deer .Heck I pass on most fast food joints ..I wonder if the process and albino animals into there nugget things ? Who know eh .Thanks op ..nice pics ..too bad it had to die :>(

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

There are bunches of native American prophecies about albino animals.
Especially moose and buffalo
They are sacred

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join