It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Try to Close the OCEAN Because of Shutdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Realtruth

sean
Good time to push an impeachment for Obama right when everyone is irate.

Problem is we would have to impeach everyone in DC, or clean house.

And amend the constitution.

"No lobbyist shall be permitted to donate, bribe, fraternize, associate, or co-mingle with any government official, at any level of government, if convicted, each party shall receive a minimum of 10 years to life in jail."
edit on 6-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

So get on and do it. Now's your chance. Sweep the dross out and go from there.

I'm not American, but I'm interested in how does an impeachment begin? Can the US citizenry get it rolling, or does it need politicians to do it?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Blah blah blah - reading a lot of Americans complaining about how bad the government is but does nothing about it except rage on the internet - if that is all you intend to do why even bother?

Just enjoy the time you have before your elected officials ruin your country.

(and get used to bowing before your betters)
edit on 6-10-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It would behoove you to remember these shenanigans, at OUR EXPENSE, that our politicians are responsible for. Yes those Responsible, each and every individual. And come voting time, reject them, and do not vote for them. If voting makes any difference any more..... (I'm skeptical)

And let it be known that you are confounding their re-election because of this very issue........ or if you do nothing, shut up and like it. Because you will have proved as worthless as the corrupt self serving politicians you despise. You know that old saying... all it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.

Every politician from 0bama on down needs a good five minutes behind the whip. An attitude adjustment and to be reminded who exactly it is that they represent and work for...... and for their Crimes while in office

Barring that. perhaps a massive display of civil disobedience.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The President didn't close down these areas. That was and is entirely in the lap of the Koch lap dogs in the House. When you shut down the Government, all non-essential, everything gets the ax. ALL the national parks and seashores and designated ocean areas included. The President did not wake up a few days ago and decide which places to close in order to do the most damage. You need to talk to the Teahadists about that.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

They want it to be a pain, because the Republicans are the ones who forced the shut down. So if they can force the federal government to shut down, and then everything continues as normal, there's no incentive NOT to constantly shut down the government as a bargaining chip. That would definitely be a dangerous precedent to set.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The syria war was to keep us busy.
so we did not see what was really going on.
No war! so they had to use some thing big to keep us busy quickly.
That is why they are doing this.
so what are they sneaking in?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

intrptr
Is this the best they can do? A war monument and a fishing hole? Can't wait to see the other more imaginative "torture the people" schemes they come up with.

Otherwise, the people might get the idea that it doesn't matter if the government is there or not. Wouldn't want that notion to take hold. A limited government, gee... whats that?

If I may take the liberty of bumping your post... even more pertinent, what if the federal government was eventually, after enough of this nonsense found to be intrinsically deleterious by it's existence as-is? Woo-Hoo, Intrp.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

jaguarsky

The President didn't close down these areas. That was and is entirely in the lap of the Koch lap dogs in the House. When you shut down the Government, all non-essential, everything gets the ax. ALL the national parks and seashores and designated ocean areas included. The President did not wake up a few days ago and decide which places to close in order to do the most damage. You need to talk to the Teahadists about that.

quoted just so there is a chance that more people will grasp this after reading it twice.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Quote:
"Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown."

I would say "good luck enforcing that" while taking my boat out there.

But why is Florida closed for fishing, but the northwest is not? Personally, whom ever said this was full of sea weed, sea water, and fish guts.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by tkwasny

I don't think that one CAN GET INTO the JOINT CHIEFS LEVELS

without being

FIRMLY UNDER THE ROBOTIC CONTROL OF THE GLOBALIST MACHINE.

Probably not even a general or Admiral--at least not very high ranking. There may be some hold-overs from the past . . . . but I doubt you could do it now.

Good call BO.. remember the purge. The general staff are all on the same page with the White House afterward.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Famouszor

Quote:
"Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown."

I would say "good luck enforcing that" while taking my boat out there.

But why is Florida closed for fishing, but the northwest is not? Personally, whom ever said this was full of sea weed, sea water, and fish guts.

It's not just Florida it's the Gulf of Mexico. This is happening in Texas as well. I would recommend you do not take your boat out there as they'll make an example out of you.
edit on 6-10-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
And who is going to listen to them in that area? If they close the port that means that they need employees to enforce the closure....which they are not supposed to have. Make it hurt. I see that whenever there is a cutback of funding on the local level also. Make the citizen suffer if they do not agree with what is going on. Even the local schools do that, they automatically cut the most necessary services when they don't get what they want.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
George Washington's slaves are turning him in his grave.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

IAMTAT
According to this, the Feds are now evicting people who own homes on government land:

'Feds Evict Elderly Couple From Their Home, Cite Shutdown'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if this action also applies to houseboats now anchored in the Florida Bays.

This is another one of those nwo plans I heard about years ago. We could find out we don't really own our property. The govt is going to establish areas, ones you can live in, ones you cannot even enter. I saw a map and my land is in the zone where it will be inhabited, a bit inland from the west coast.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Is the coast guard in this shutdown? They are tasked with patrolling the borders in the water.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Perhaps we need to close down our leaders world wide on a permanent level.

its only 1/10th of 1 percent you are truly dealing with.

Whats 1 percent of 8 billion and then 1/10th of that?

Guaranteed once they saw they could no longer run or hide would surrender and say "what do you want to know???)..we will tell you anything ya wish to know we have hidden from you for a long long time".
edit on 6-10-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So, in my quick searching on Google regarding Cabrillo Monument being closed and what is, or is not accessible as far as "the ocean" part of it goes, we San Diego locals cannot access the Tide Pools located there, and it seems any other water included in the National Park area, so, it would make sense that the 16 square miles in Biscayne National Park be closed...the interesting thing that I found was this article from March: articles.sun-sentinel.com... one

Biscayne National Park has dropped a controversial proposal to ban fishing across nearly 16 square miles of coral reef, after vigorous opposition from anglers and members of Congress.

The park, which encompasses southern Biscayne Bay, had proposed a no-fishing zone to help coral reefs recover from decades of heavy fishing that had devastated snapper, grouper, lobster and other creatures that make their homes in the park's shallow, sunny waters.

Perhaps the NPS shut down just allows for a convenient way to stop the fishing that they've already been attempting to ban.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Don't worry folks, Camp David is still open.

Seriously, the government is finding money for what they want and what they need. Someone said its like they are punishing us for being ad boys and girls. Closing down our country's historical sites is akin to slapping the Last 200 and some odd years in the face. We fought for this country, we fought for our freedom, and we fought to have our own government. Now they thank us by forbidding us to visit our humble beginnings.

Hmmmmm...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I see a lot of posts wanting to fire,impeach or get rid of our current law makers.. We'll that would work if the people still held the power.. That has been taken from us along time ago.. It was said that governments should fear the people not the other way around...

Our current system gives the illusion of democracy.. I often wonder how long it would take our founding fathers to grab there riffles and organize a coup.. I'm convinced our current state is what the feared and warned us about..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This was posted by a friend on Facebook, I'm seeing more stories like this every day now.

Talladega: Insane day and night dealing with psycho government fedaralis. Imagine doing a fast 50 in very hot, humid conditions over rugged trails. Some were still on trail finishing up the 75. You've all been up since 4 AM. At 10 PM the federalis showed up and said EVERYBODY OUT NOW!! 100 big rigs backed in all around tricky pine tree parking areas, DARK, your stuff is scattered everywhere, horses are tired and need to rehydrate. We said, "FIRST thing as soon as it's light". NO NOW!! or you will be ticketed, prosecuted, towed. TOWED WHERE WITH WHAT? What could even get IN these parking places at night? More threats. Now there’s a traffic jam building up through camp with long trails of red tail lights at a standstill. "What about the people who came from Texas and Louisiana, came in off the trail and had a few drinks, this is insane! None of these people are really safe driving a big rig on the road at this time of night after a day like this!
This is where I saw what gov. healthcare will be like. You have a local official who is probably a nice person who agrees with you, but he has this boss, who has a boss, who has a boss, and they don't get it...and if HE doesn't carry through with orders HE will get a huge fine. They would love to stand up for you but when it comes to your family or his well, sorry. This ride is actually a BENEFIT ride for the Talladega National Forest. They stood to make thousands. It has to be closed down because the person who empties the kiosk with the money in it was on forced furlough. Actually, that person came out to visit with us all day because these volunteers help him do his job every day of the year. The management from this ride literally is the maintenance crew for this trail system and donates hundreds of hours labor per year. Actually, this ride is the reason this camp is as large as it is since they got the grants, and did much of the work to build it. HERE'S THE KICKER...the officials say,"Ok, you can stay till morning...OVER THERE." WHERE?? The day parking area on the other end of camp that doesn't have a kiosk. "You are kidding, right?" Nope, that was the sort of logic you get from a far removed government official (the kind that will be making your healthcare decisions. There is a day parking area just as you turn in off the road into camp. There is no gate between them, it’s just a different designation. An entire over crowded horse camp with over 100 rigs and exhausted horses and riders was supposed to hook up, load it all, back up around a bunch of pine trees on the sides of hills in the dark, and shift your rigs about 100 yards crammed into a tiny parking area for the next 5 hours or so, then try to get everyone turned around and back out in the morning. The insanity of it was soo frustrating. I know that in Washington they all imagined us furious at those who shut down the government. They were WRONG. I really didn’t hear anyone talking about either party, we were talking about a federal government that is inept and out of control. Personally, it made me see how much WASTE is involved with the federal government and that they are too far removed and cumbersome to be logical about anything. Think about it, because they needed to save the money to pay one person to empty a kiosk, thus would lose a couple of $100 in fees, they lost thousands of dollars that the riders who were already on site were going to donate to the forest. In order to ENFORCE the closure, though they couldn’t afford one man to empty the kiosk, they spent thousands in overtime to send a CREW from Montgomery to work all night with marshalls to throw us out! The amount of money spent not to spend money was insane, but the federal government probably does it every day of every week. Rather than risk some psycho physically forcing us to leave our horses, or haul them with our rig off to what…a holding yard where nobody is allowed to touch them because they’re under forced furlough? We loaded up and pulled out of camp headed for home near midnight. We had been up since 4. The horses were tired and dehydrated. It was NOT good for them and I worried until we unloaded them save at home at 3:30 AM. It was NOT safe for us to be driving. We had a car and a truck there, 3 drivers, so fortunately when Josie started nodding off at her wheel I was fortunately able to take over. Don’t know what anyone who was alone and no place to take a horse would do, maybe pull over but what do you do with horses? I talked to several people including quite a few who are furloughed and the mood was not “Oh well, they’ve made it so unpleasant for us, let’s give in”. The mood was, “These people are out of control and somebody’s got to stop them. Now is as good a time as any”. Having some faceless person several safe levels away from the action making life and death calls for you is an awful situation. I just hope that those naïve people who have pushed for it will feel the consequences in time to turn this country around.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join