It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment in 15-30 days, an EXTREMELY fast method. Mahasi Style Noting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

Therein lies the variation of 'Enlightenment'. Nobody can experience the same as experience as another, they may share very mirrored experiences and witnesses may vary the account but the subjectivity lies within the one experiencing 'it' and the aftermath of the experience.

The built in self defense mechanism for Enlightenment, is that it is the collapse of all subjectivity into a primordial Beingness.

For example, another method "there" is to unknow all things, thoughts, 5 senses, subjectivity, etc and you end up again at the primordial.

There are many "experiences" that are universal. Seeing, hearing, walking, touching, smelling. These all happen split seconds prior to what an individual subjectively interprets each as. Existence/reality is prior to subjective filtering.

Did one seeker of enlightenment discover a new way of thinking VS did another gain or develop already awakened psychic prowess further along the path VS a being who is the embodiment of enlightenment and chooses to reincarnate and claim spiritual knowledge through living their prodigal life?

Of the various "Enlightened Beings", many found various ways there: Unknowing, mantra, Love, Grace, Yoga, Awareness of breath, Mahasi Noting.......

Then there are tribal civilizations that gained 'Enlightenment' by ingesting spiritual plants to commune with other dimensions.

All the people I knew, and it was many, who went down "plant" pants, most of them did not retain permanent state of realizations.

Then there are the advanced otherworldly beings that gained enlightenment after finding out that they could dream consciously after giving up physical form and live as orbs of light in the cosmos called stars that we organisms on this planet revolve around. I'll stay with subjective.

Your mistaking the subjective sight seeing one sees along the path, for the destination.

Give the method a serious genuine try for 15-30 days, tell me what happens in the mean time, and Ill bet a thousand bucks it will be a similar state all have to go through on the way to enlightenment.

Its just merging with naked reality prior to any subjectivity or filters.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

All the people I knew, and it was many, who went down "plant" pants, most of them did not retain permanent state of realizations.

What about he people you didn't meet? The South Americans, Ecuador or Peruvians? What makes them unable to attain enlightenment? Plants? Intoxicants?
Enlightenment is a transmutation of brain chemistry, and if plant chemistry and herb lore was implemented as a catalyst, then they may have well surpassed our perceived experience of the subject; beyond enlightenment & higher tiers of being.

But my question still remains; What, to you, is the goal towards, becoming and attaining 'enlightenment'?
edit on -050010America/Chicago1amth13103101 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this exercise. I definitely need to stay as awareness these days, gonna try & remain as awareness as much as I can, inspiring with the exercise you have shared.

May all be free.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

...regeneration is only possible in the present, not in the future, not tomorrow. A man who relies on time as a means through which he can gain happiness or realize truth or God is merely deceiving himself; he is living in ignorance and therefore in conflict. A man who sees that time is not the way out of our difficulty and who is therefore free from the false, such a man naturally has the intention to understand; therefore his mind is quiet spontaneously, without compulsion, without practice. When the mind is still, tranquil, not seeking any answer or any solution, neither resisting nor avoiding - it is only then that there can be a regeneration, because then the mind is capable of perceiving what is true; and it is truth that liberates, not your effort to be free.

www.jkrishnamurti.org...

J. Krishnamurti The First and Last Freedom Chapter 20 'TIME AND TRANSFORMATION'

I would say that the mind is a time mechanism and so approaching the mind through the context of time is playing right into its hands whether 15-30 days or 15 to 20 years.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Golden Rule because: incorrect url link

edit on 6-10-2013 by Golden Rule because: incorrect url link

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

ChuckNasty
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Still reading through the linked info - I've never felt the heat or discomfort like it mentioned. Always felt a cooling effect from my feet that flowed towards my head. Once the coolness reached my head, I felt contentment.

Could it be that it follows a reiki sensory scale since it should be chi/chakra/kundalini? Not sure I am remembering the the sensory scale as I was told it.
Heat
Severe Heat
Coldness
Lancinating (not sure this is the right word in English)

Right now I got the coolness at the top but flame from root going up to my backside. Sometimes that flame is a bit to hot for my liking since I like it when it is cool. Seems that there are others that are having the same experiance.

edit on 6-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is similar to a certain kind of Buddhist mediation known as mindfulness, something Buddha himself highly recommended.
The good thing about this method is that at least after the month you can know one way or another whether it worked.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

What about he people you didn't meet? The South Americans, Ecuador or Peruvians? What makes them unable to attain enlightenment? Plants? Intoxicants? Enlightenment is a transmutation of brain chemistry, and if plant chemistry and herb lore was implemented as a catalyst, then they may have well surpassed our perceived experience of the subject; beyond enlightenment & higher tiers of being.

Plant based paths are filled with illusions, visuals, sounds, and awareness not being so crystal clear. Because of that, it is very difficult to discriminate what is what is what. Some of those plants cause the necessity to throw up, bodily heaviness, unclearity.

All the other paths start with reality, the you that is now without influences of any kind.

But my question still remains; What, to you, is the goal towards, becoming and attaining 'enlightenment'?

It is completion, wholeness, unification with Experiential Truth, unfiltered reality/existence. Same thing Buddha taught and same thing all those folks who attained Enlightenment speak of.

reply to post by Golden Rule

J. Krishnamurti The First and Last Freedom Chapter 20 'TIME AND TRANSFORMATION' I would say that the mind is a time mechanism and so approaching the mind through the context of time is playing right into its hands whether 15-30 days or 15 to 20 years.

There are quite a few modern day Enlightened teachers who criticize Krishnamurti for several reasons. Mostly that his awakening/realization happened spontaneously, too quick for his own intellect to catch how it happened, and so he was teaching from a place of saying that there is nothing you can do to realize what he did. But of course that's false. In "time" Buddha became Enlightened through various methods, as did others who uncovered Enlightenment. Even Krishnamurti himself had a period in his life where he was not Enlightened, and then was. So I cannot seriously go by anything he says, because it has very strong neo-advaita flavoring, i.e. "there's nothing you can do and no one who can do it." By saying that, he leaves students trying to figure this out in an existential jadedness

The argument they present for consideration is that because the non-dual condition is already the case, nothing needs to be done, or even could be done, to allow for its manifestation in the student’s life since no movement is possible towards that which you already are. This perfectly logical statement usually leaves the student in a very vulnerable position, because it is felt that although the truth of the non-dual vision makes perfect sense, nothing could be done to bring this truth down into the living reality of his/her actual experience. In other words, the truth of the non-dual is presented in such a way that it stands in opposition to the truth and living reality of the student's experience of themselves, which clearly tells them that despite their clear intellectual grasp of the argument for non-dual reality, this is not the truth of their present experience of themselves.

Here we notice how the presumed argument for non-duality serves to fragment, condition and limit the potential for the experience of the truth of non-duality. It disempowers the student to discover for themselves what it could be which gives them the very strong impression of their separate existence or dualistic vision. Rather than serving the natural process of self-observation, self-enquiry and self-transcendence, through which the false assumption of separation could be explored and transcended, it stunts any further enquiry and therefore the possibility of awakening to the non-dual. Briefly stated, this Neo-Advaitist advice could be seen as integrally part of the process by which non-duality gets obscured and duality perpetuated.

Link for more on this

I do not doubt his awakening/realization, but do doubt his style of teaching and level of realization

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I like how this comes from you and as I remember you weren't the most courteous with other members in your own enlightenment thread, even as going as far as saying all members who have posted are now in hell...

Anyway, this is a very effective technique, and many cultures have a very similar practice under different names. But basically the same thing, most spiritual teachers will say that this is the most effective technique used, other than inquiry of self, for enlightenment.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Like I said, there are many tiers to enlightenment, and in achieving it does not necessary mean that that is it, its the end, woo hoo! You reached this level of Enlightenment, you have come to the end, no, there are many many more things to realize about the mind, the body, the microcosm, not to mention the some of the infinite external energies too.
It becomes evident that it is difficult to do with methods, those that do not transmute brain chemistry will take more time transmuting, in silence or in meditations to find that inner 'minds eye light', this is because they are struggling to cultivate the correct brain chemistries, and in turn, struggling to cultivate psychic senses.
But by no means is it impossible.

One monk on his path could become an aesthetic chant mantras, meditate on vast amounts of time within the absence of light, merge with the frequencies and succeed to reach 'nirvana' in his lifetime VS One intoxicated shaman who throat chants a vowel splits the sound into 3 different frequencies creating changes of octaves, singing frequencies to change the nature of reality and steps into a conjured light.

It's all about trying to merge with the golden halo, the sun disk, the light, the glow, aether. This is a direct representation of 'light existing in the head', a play on symbolism where it IS brain chemistry that creates these visions, feelings and experiences behind enlightenment.

Enlightenment varies culture to culture, being, and soul.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

There are quite a few modern day Enlightened teachers who criticize Krishnamurti for several reasons. Mostly that his awakening/realization happened spontaneously, too quick for his own intellect to catch how it happened...

Yes, it seems that is a probable explanation. The title of 'World Teacher' was also hurried upon him by others - and he may have inwardly (and outwardly) rebelled against understanding the route in terms of being able to explain to others all the facets of the way. Instead he spoke purely from point of view of the arrival point.

But it may be possible that the idea of progressive steps towards an arrival point is somehow still a kind of dreamwork, perhaps a more sophisticated path of dreaming which shouldn't be dismissed as delusion because it serves as a catalyst to a sudden leap of realization.

In this respect 'time and transformation' is a subject of relevance in the understanding of reality.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was in a state of enlightenment for three days one time after reading a book and I can tell you it was the single most wonderful experience in my life and I want more. Unfortunately I could not hold on to it and normal life started slipping back in and then I crashed hard on the third day.

It was a dreadful feeling knowing I was going to have to go back to my previous state of lowly human existence.

I am still searching and will find it again one day. Maybe above will work for some people, maybe not.
For me all it took was a book at the right place in time.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
To the OP:

You mentioned that this thread was more about the technique, than debating what is or isn't enlightenment....who is, or isn't enlightened, etc.

I would say that you shouldn't let this thread get weighed down by the criticism from others. You specifically mentioned this thread was NOT for that. I think it would be a GREAT idea for others to create a thread debating what is enlightenment if they wish.....but for the purpose of this thread, it simply distracts from the specific instruction of this method.

I will try this method....although it certainly seems like it is going to require a ton of mental energy
I already practice meditation and mindfulness, but the mindfulness I practice throughout the day, while I'm not meditating , isn't as specific. I like this though, seems like an interesting exercise!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

S&F

Very enlightening. I will try this soon and in a few weeks will U2U my experience/results. Thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm happy that there are soooo many wonderful souls are ready to jump on the technique, instead of addicted to debating.

Just wanted to say one more thing. You do have to gather some "steam" so you are doing this throughout the day. If you are work in a job requiring you to think and do with focus, then set aside the practice during that task, but during lunch break, on the way to work, way back home, restroom break, etc, you can continue on with the practice.

It really gathers steam/power around day 3-4. You go into a kind of Hyper-Aware state and are just rapid fire Noting: "Thinking, thinking, seeing seeing, touch, touch, thinking thinking, wandering wandering, smelling smelling, breath breathing, etc" Like 100 mph and at this point, your mind isn't really that much of a trouble maker and filter anymore. Instead, the prominence is on naked observing and noting (without judgment/emotion/opinion).

Eventually, there will be a shift into the Stream of Oneness/Merging/Beingness (unmistakable & Profound beyond words). Stay with it and you will be rewarded with a direct experience of experiential Truth!!!!!

This method is specifically vetted, tested, and there at least a hundred testimonies of success.

reply to post by Golden Rule

But it may be possible that the idea of progressive steps towards an arrival point is somehow still a kind of dreamwork, perhaps a more sophisticated path of dreaming which shouldn't be dismissed as delusion because it serves as a catalyst to a sudden leap of realization. In this respect 'time and transformation' is a subject of relevance in the understanding of reality.

I agree.

For some, hearing that who you think you are, is just a thought, concept, illusion....could be a line that is enough to trigger a direct realization. And I have had success with this and with explaining this to others, resulting in a shift for them as well. However, I have found that the majority of folks, myself included, have needed/required a method in "time & progress" towards a goal which is eventually realized.

Even the direct path of hearing a certain koan or line, is still a method in time. However, the cool thing about Mahasi Noting, is that you come to terms and realize around day 8-13, that the mind/ego, is just a make believe filter/illusion creator, and it stays with you forever

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Seems to me 'mahasi noting' is basically mindfulness, yes?

I would like to try the method...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You know, as much as I've enjoyed your posts (and you're on my friends list too), I'm still pretty skeptical about anybody who claims to be enlightened. I'm still thinking that it's a process, no final "enlightenment" can be achieved during this lifetime.. so there's certainly something about "become enlightened in 15 days" that ticks me off.

Some people spend a LIFETIME learning Yoga from the masters, and still don't claim to be enlightened. It's a highly subjective.

I have studied (and practiced) Kriya Yoga, meditation, Taoism, theosophy, christian mysticism, rosicrucianism, tantra, shamanism.. and I think that there's a golden path in all these traditions which leads to the same place, an experience that NO written teaching can explain. In that place, EVERYTHING you think you know about the mind & soul just goes flying out of the window.

Certain states and goals can be reached, yes, but I don't simply believe in "enlightenment" as some sort of achievable state. Not in this lifetime. We can gravitate towards it, but never achieve it. Zero point.

EDIT: I know a lot of people are now experiencing anxiety and/or negative emotions because of the current sociopolitical situation, and let me tell you, you're NOT alone. It's definitely a challenge to keep cool right now, for everyone.

Peace out.
edit on 7/10/2013 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Brucee

well said!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

You know, as much as I've enjoyed your posts (and you're on my friends list too), I'm still pretty skeptical about anybody who claims to be enlightened. I'm still thinking that it's a process, no final "enlightenment" can be achieved during this lifetime.. so there's certainly something about "become enlightened in 15 days" that ticks me off.

"Enlightenment" isn't this crazy impossible goal that is unachievable by anybody. People's minds have created illusions and projections around this word. It is actually quite simple:

Awareness is mixed with ego/mind, so awareness is separated and stabilized, then it eventually merges with Oneness & Being. How simple is that? Its the same across the board in all the traditions, but they each call very aspect by different names because of the language barrier.

It then does continue for the rest of your life, just like you continue shedding cells, being hungry, and growing for the rest of your life. Just like when you become an adult, adulthood continues for the rest of your life.

Some people spend a LIFETIME learning Yoga from the masters, and still don't claim to be enlightened. It's a highly subjective.

Yoga does not always lead to Enlightenment. Its become a pop trend in the west, in hollywood, with soccer moms. The true yoga includes deep and long meditations on the nature of mind, pranayama, asceticism, and a number of other factors.

Personally, I do not and would not recommend Yoga as the quickest path. I say "Quickest" because most of us here are Western Minds and when we want something, we want it now. It was always the case for me. So I've found through research and meeting/speaking with others and a large number of retreats and forums that the "quickest" way is Mahasi noting, or if you are ripe for it, Advaita, which consists of hearing zen koans that are supposed to directly bring you to Enlightenmwnt.

That's what happened to me. I heard an Adviata Koan. Wrestled with it for 15 minutes, then BOOM shifted directly into the Nondual No-I primordial stateless state. Though it was only for a minute or so, I now knew without a doubt that Enlightenment is real and is quite simple.

However, Awareness/witness/observer, has to first be stabilized as the platform from which you merge into Enlightenment.
Also Subjectivity is transcended in Enlightenment

I have studied (and practiced) Kriya Yoga, meditation, Taoism, theosophy, christian mysticism, rosicrucianism, tantra, shamanism.. and I think that there's a golden path in all these traditions which leads to the same place, an experience that NO written teaching can explain. In that place, EVERYTHING you think you know about the mind & soul just goes flying out of the window.

Perhaps look into Adviata, Dzogchen, and Bon. Many of the Enlightenment traditions are an exact science. They say the mind & soul are of certain characteristics, which then you can go within and see for yourself if it is so. There is a vetting and testing within many of the paths. For example, inner experiences, channels, nature of ego/mind that I have come across, I've then done research on and found that there are 2000-4000 year old traditions that have always known and taught this.

I too once studied tons of paths but had yet to experience my first glimpse of No-me primordial Beingness.

Certain states and goals can be reached, yes, but I don't simply believe in "enlightenment" as some sort of achievable state. Not in this lifetime. We can gravitate towards it, but never achieve it. Zero point.

Let's see. I can go with your opinion above. Or I can go with the opinion of traditions thousands of years old, which are still alive today, with a rich track record of Enlightened humans, which all say Enlightenment is simple, its already there, just needs to be uncovered, and can easily be within a few years, or months.

I think I'll go with the latter, because I have directly experienced it is simple, have met a handful of others who are in it permanently, and have met a ton of people who say Mahasi Noting has gotten them there the quickest after trying everything else which failed to produce fruit.

Have you tried the MEthod for 15-30 days? If not, then you'll continue in your current state where it seems you've already made up your mind about things.

Give it a go and come back with a field report.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In regards to the OP, in my opinion you are clearly not enlightened or even close to being enlightened. Anyone who says agree with me or GTFO is quite simply very full of ego. That one statement you made negates everything you have said.

As a Buddhist my self, most of us realize that enlightenment is something that can take a lifetime or more to master and that is usually pertaining to monks. The path is much harder and longer for a lay person but not necessarily impossible. But the notion of enlightenment in 15 days simply using mindfulness is absurd. It sounds like something you'd see on an infomercial.

I'm pretty sure that when The Buddha attained enlightenment, he didn't walk around the country side spreading the dharma by saying I'm enlightened and if you don't believe me or want to challenge me GTFO.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We are already inherently enlightened. It is the fundamental ground of our being, and the interconnectedness of the universe.

Some folks need to sit in a cave chanting or being aware of their breath for 20 years to realize it. Others instinctively know even if they've never heard the word "enlightenment."

Why? Who knows?

Personally I think the fastest way to enlightenment is to not care about being enlightened.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join