It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of the Annunaki

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hanslune

No, we don't NEED a mechanically sophisticated method of engineering, the ancient did quite well with what we think they had,

and then Peter said this "We do however have a pretty accurate picture if how life was at that period."

It's awfully convenient when you can just say things with nothing to back you up isn't it? You're both using circular reasoning to prove your point.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

I haven't had time to watch the videos yet, or all of the replies (getting ready for work). But a thought came to mind during what I did read:
I wonder if the strange sounds that people are hearing all over the earth could be the military experimenting with this sound energy?
Or, could it be that the aliens are back and using these sounds to energize their ships, or whatever they need?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

Hanslune

No, we don't NEED a mechanically sophisticated method of engineering, the ancient did quite well with what we think they had,

and then Peter said this "We do however have a pretty accurate picture if how life was at that period."

It's awfully convenient when you can just say things with nothing to back you up isn't it? You're both using circular reasoning to prove your point.

I also said that there's nothing wrong with thinking outside the paradigms that we currently understand regarding AE. The flip side is that when making an extraordinary claim you have to provide extraordinary evidence to support it. As for the circular reasoning, we know a great deal of the day to day lives of the Egyptians of that time period from the vast amount of hieroglyphs that depict how they lived and worked. If someone ever produced legitimate evidence that can be independently corroborated I'd do a backflip in sheer excitement. Sadly, I can and will only claim to know what can be verified. It's not a matter of convenience, it's a matter of evidence, none of which exists for power plants, water moving stone blocks or sonic levitation. Personally, I think we do the AE's a great disservice by insisting they required some magical tech that we can find no record of. What they accomplished at that period with the available tools is nothing short of mind blowing so let's avoid making wild claims and demanding that people jump aboard the band wagon. It's a great deal of fun to postulate fringe theories and possibilities but at days end we have to work with verifiable and reproducible facts. that doesn't mean some intrepid individual won't come across something, someday but we have to work within the confines of a reality which is evidence based.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

bottleslingguy

Hanslune

Your sole argument is based on personal incredulity....I don't believe.....repeated endlessly.....experience has also shown that you ignore evidence

Lol

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Some interesting points but I must ask about your last statement dealing with Minoans and copper, given the distance from Cyprus and Feyhan why would they go elsewhere?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

The theory as I remember it is that copper in America was no only easier to get but of greater purity and they did not have to compete for the resources. There is also claims of artifacts that seem to have Minoan writing and tests on copper artifacts found in Europe match the chemical characteristics of per-colonial copper mines in North-America's coast.

Michigan Copper in the Mediterranean By Jay Stuart Wakefield, MES & AAPF

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

peter vlar

I also said that there's nothing wrong with thinking outside the paradigms that we currently understand regarding AE.... The flip side is that when making an extraordinary claim you have to provide extraordinary evidence to support it.

that whole "extraordinary claim" argument is ridiculous. If one percent of this whole AA theory is correct then everything else dissolves into wasted time and effort. And again you keep throwing in the "that we currently understand" part which kinda negates the whole "thinking outside the paradigms" part.

edit on 18-10-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I'm not ignoring your "evidence" I'm claiming it has nothing to do with fashioning something like a pyramid or precision grinding with high speed tools which leave telltale forensic marks which can not be duplicated with sand covered copper saws. It really is as simple as that. The tooling marks don't lie and they don't indicate slow speed hand tools.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
And again you keep throwing in the "that we currently understand" part which kinda negates the whole "thinking outside the paradigms" part.

edit on 18-10-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

I completely disagree. Thinking outside the box of currently accepted paradigms is one thing. Providing evidence is an entirely different matter. It's what differentiates a hypothesis from a theory. Stomping your feet doesn't change that.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

The problem is that evidence is not real - you may wish to review where and how it was presented and how others have responded to it. As you didn't provide a link I'm not sure if you are referring to Dunn or another source.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

you keep saying "that we currently understand" and my point is that can change can't it? that's why you used the word "currently" isn't it?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

so you're right because I didn't provide a link to something?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

you keep saying "that we currently understand" and my point is that can change can't it? that's why you used the word "currently" isn't it?

Absolutely. That's what's awesome about science. When new data is shown it gets applied and furthers our understanding. My point however was that if you don't have data or physical evidence to back up an assertion or hypothesis then you're just treading water. You've got nothing but a dollar and a dream. Personally, I rather enjoy postulating all sorts of scenarios but the only tangible view we have is going to be based on the evidence at hand. A pet hypothesis, no matter how much it makes sense on a personal level, is just that unless it can be backed up.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

They used Sound as Energy.
Massive ancient veins of super conductive intersecting dome ruins without entrances, all linking to key mathematical harmonic energy lines all over South Africa allowed for limitless free energy. There are documented to be 10-20,000,000 of these geometric nodes spread out all over Africa.
The material used in the construction of the buildings is Patina covered Metamorphosed Quartz,
'Stones that ring like bells', which conducts sound.

That's all that you, personally have to say? What experience did you, as an an individual, have, that has caused you to post this?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

bottleslingguy

so you're right because I didn't provide a link to something?

This is what I said

The problem is that evidence is not real - you may wish to review where and how it was presented and how others have responded to it. As you didn't provide a link I'm not sure if you are referring to Dunn or another source.

No, I didn't know what you were basing your claim on - since you hid the basis of your claim I cannot provide any information on it and suggested you investigate it yourself...which is why you typed in a nonsensical reply, because actually researching something you believe in isn't on your skills list.

lol
edit on 19/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

peter vlar

bottleslingguy

Absolutely. That's what's awesome about science. When new data is shown it gets applied and furthers our understanding. My point however was that if you don't have data or physical evidence to back up an assertion or hypothesis then you're just treading water. You've got nothing but a dollar and a dream. Personally, I rather enjoy postulating all sorts of scenarios but the only tangible view we have is going to be based on the evidence at hand. A pet hypothesis, no matter how much it makes sense on a personal level, is just that unless it can be backed up.

To add another comment. To have 'high speed drills' implies a metals and electrical industry and advanced material capacity, something that would probably show up in the archaeological record, as it would leave a trace of develoment - but then you would have the silly situation of people using power drills next to guys bashing out rocks with harder rocks - for some reason I don't think they would do that nor not use their 'vast technology' to improve their military sector.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

it's the difference between linear and non-linear thinkers, some people will never get it until it's too late and their life's been wasted on "waiting"

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Hanslune
To have 'high speed drills' implies a metals and electrical industry and advanced material capacity, something that would probably show up in the archaeological record, as it would leave a trace of develoment - but then you would have the silly situation of people using power drills next to guys bashing out rocks with harder rocks - for some reason I don't think they would do that nor not use their 'vast technology' to improve their military sector.

this is EXACTLY where your argument falls apart Hans. You are trying to jam an advanced civilization into the confines of a human paradigm. Sure it doesn't make sense when you try to correlate what we "currently" know with what they were actually able to achieve. You guys need to relax your sphincters and open your minds to something other than what you were taught in books.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It always comes back to this....why go to the trouble of creating a race to mine gold, on a planet with so little gold??
Why not just create the gold or mine it elsewhere in the universe where it is more abundant? Seems logical that a race with the power to create and control life, travel the universe freely at faster than light speeds would be able to create basic elements.

Its fantasy, like religion. A mix of mis translation and mis interpretation.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

sled735

I haven't had time to watch the videos yet, or all of the replies (getting ready for work). But a thought came to mind during what I did read:
I wonder if the strange sounds that people are hearing all over the earth could be the military experimenting with this sound energy?
Or, could it be that the aliens are back and using these sounds to energize their ships, or whatever they need?

Yikes! I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone postulate that thus far (myself included). It doesn't even take a stretch to get there, except of course no consensus there really was an advanced culture.

But for those of us who can grasp this obvious certainty, it now has grave implications re: earth noises. Very interesting.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join