It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Facebook Erupts with Citizen Sticker Shock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Show me some numbers on how many people have signed up for this wonderful gift that you so love.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Like Pelosi said in the beginning " you have to pass the bill in order to know what's in it".

Now it would be appropriate to say "you have to enact Obamacare to know just how bad it is".

Hay, the congress, big corps and the unions are all exempt ...........let the constituents "EAT CAKE".

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

He can't. The White House has refused to release those numbers so far. They do like to say how many people have visited the website though, just not how many have actually signed up. Just putting that out there.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Give it about a week for some numbers to come in. I doubt many got to sign up since there were issues but I would say since the website was overwhelmed with requests, it would have to be a significant amount.

But in give them time to work out the kinks, then real numbers will kick in.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well people when you heard the IRS was going to basically run it ??? Well DUHHHH!!!! Myself I think it's a bit funny I'm locked into state insurance and they will pay whatever the extra is

FREE HEATHCARE WOOO HOOO

FREE HEATHCARE WOOO HOOO

FREE HEATHCARE WOOO HOOO

FREE HEATHCARE WOOO HOOO

FREE HEATHCARE WOOO HOOO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you fell for it

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

So everyone is a lire ? Read Chad Henderson's story, he worked for the Obama campaign in his town, then comment on his experience.

Maybe this guy will give you some insight on the truth.........if your really interested in the truth.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Reason #456 to not do your taxes for a couple of years.
You can always do it later, long after obama care is gone.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Well, there was a number earlier this week. Of course, it turned out to be a self serving "mistake" in math or misunderstanding or some such thing... Yup.... Of course it was.

California Overstated Traffic to Health Insurance Exchange … Claimed Obamacare Exchange Got 5 Million Hits, Um It was More Like 645,000

What's over 4 million hits between friends...I mean who is counting, right?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Those GOP states declined to expand their Medicare programs because even though the government is paying 100%, it's only for a few years. Just goes to show me that the states are much smarter than the government and want no part of a schema that will ultimately fail and run up huge deficits.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Why wouldn't the average dolt expect free health care? Many already got their free phones, get paychecks without working, and free food stamps. Why not expect free healthcare and $20 an hour to flip burgers?

I want to see healthcare in the US improve but I just don't think it will happen. I'd gladly pay an extra 10% on my paycheck to assure I have quality healthcare that want cause me to go broke. Something like that will never happen so long as healthcare for profit exists.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In the beginning Obama wanted young people's vote - now he wants their money...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It will be so nice to be able to travel again.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I havent really hidden how I feel about Obamacare..

But, in going to apply for plans, I found that it would cut my insurance costs pretty dramatically..

I am an "extreme" circumstance, however, and the fact that having coverage is mandated by law (enforceable by the now armed IRS) is a major red flag. I also apparently live in one of the few states where this average drop was expected.

I currently pay over $700/mo in coverage with a $5k/yr deductible (I meet this deductible within a couple months, to give an idea of my health expenses). The new plan is $270 with no deductible, and the costs are less across the board (everything from MRIs to a typical doctor visit). It will also include dental and vision, whereas my current plan doesnt have those at all.

I strongly feel health care is critical to the strength of a nation, and think this was implemented with ulterior motives.. but I cant deny its going to save me a lot of money. I wish our government would stop washing taxpayer money into personal bank accounts, and provide proper health care for the entire nation. We will only grow stronger because of it..

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
$700 a month with a 5K deductible would be a catastrophic policy - no?

What is your copay to see a doctor 5K?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Anyone is capable of thinking up a great idea, very few are capable of executing it.... This is a prime example of just that, great concept, horrible execution and if this isn't repealed soon, it will do MUCH more damage than good.... Helping everyone just isn't realistic today, especially when you have a large population with expected growth to continue to keep happening

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
$700 a month with a 5K deductible would be a catastrophic policy - no?

What is your copay to see a doctor 5K?

Current copay is $60/visit which does not count towards the deductible. It is not catastrophic, I have pre-existing conditions (severe). To be clear, those numbers are from my *current* insurance policy, not the new plan under "Obamacare." I am not able to go without insurance, due to the severity of several health issues that need constant attention.

New plan is $40/visit.

MRIs are $500 a piece under my current coverage (and I need several a year). Under the new plan, they will be $250.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

beezzer
We've had 5 years of debates on the subject. 5 years!!!

And no-one is taking to task, the high costs of healthcare.

No one is addressing the elephant in the room!

Legal influences, malpractice, litiginous peoples, legal protection. . . . . . anyone seeing a common theme here?

If we really want to address healthcare, and healthcare reform. . . we have to talk about lawyers.

But since almost all law makers are lawyers, it'll never happen. . . unless. . . . . .

I agree that it is all of those things, but you left out one important one: "research costs" *eyeroll*

The big pharmaceutical and medical device manufactures claim that they charge so much for their products because of the high cost/risk associated with R&D.

They can sell an aspirin in Mexico for .5 cents, but charge us $10 in the USA. They claim that we have to carry the burden of their R&D costs so that other countries with single-payer/universal healthcare can afford to do so.

A universal health care system like Canada wouldn't fly in America -- it's not affordable to do so. We can't extend coverage to everyone when a band-aid is $3.00.

Until we somehow stop these drug companies and medical device manufacturers from price gouging the US public, we will forever be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Interesting thread and I just want to ask this question?
For the average person.....I know thats a bit vague but what are the costs involved just to get this insurance.
Secondly does this insurance drop the cost of a $10.00 aspirin?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Me thinks me smells a rat.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

He can't. The White House has refused to release those numbers so far. They do like to say how many people have visited the website though, just not how many have actually signed up. Just putting that out there.

And that number is bound to be INCREDIBLY inflated due to the site being so glitchy---people making multiple accounts because they get fed up with the errors after creating an account, or being returned to the first page over and over and over while trying to create an account, etc. I have been trying unsuccessfully since the 1st to create an account and log in so I can see how "affordable" this monstrosity would be were I actually to sign up for it, with no success. For instance, I have been trying to log in since about 4:30 this afternoon, and have had nothing but errors ranging from "forbidden" to "server timeout" to "page does not exist". I'm currently sitting at the "We have a lot of visitors on the site right now...Please stay on this page" page and have been for the past half hour. I'm sure all those attempts count as "visits".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join