It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Facebook Erupts with Citizen Sticker Shock

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sounds like a lot of people are raging about the insurance policy costs !!

And maybe it's not so much the cost of a policy than the cost of the *care* when you see the astronomical deductibles and cost-sharing out-of-YOUR-pocket variables etc etc.

And wait till people find out they might get snookered by the IRS when they can't really 'deduct' any medical costs on their 1040's.

It's a mess already and it's only October !!!

And naturally, there are posts from shills? *people* that are full of nothing but praise and thanks for this amazing godsend !!

So, how many of you part timers are happy today ?

On Thursday,

the government's official Obamacare Facebook page

was riddled with people expressing sticker shock over the government's high cost premiums after struggling for hours to wade through the technical failures vexing Obamacare exchanges all across the country.

"I am so disappointed," wrote one woman. "These prices are outrageous and there are huge deductibles. No one can afford this!" The comment received 169 "likes."

"There is NO WAY I can afford it," said one commenter after using the Kaiser Subsidy Calculator. "Heck right now I couldn't afford an extra 10$ [sic] a month...and oh apparently I make to [sic] much at 8.55/hour to get subsidies."

Related Link;

At each level, the insured's cost-sharing varies. So while a bronze plan will have a lower monthly premium and deductible, the patient will be responsible for 40 percent of the cost of hospitalization. As the premiums rise, the patient portion of cost-sharing goes down: to 30 percent for silver plans, 20 percent for gold plans and 10 percent for the highest-cost platinum plans.

People under the age of 30 also can purchase a low-cost "catastrophic" plan that provides three yearly visits to a primary care physician and preventive care, but holds the individual responsible for all other medical costs up to a specific amount.

Heavy Web traffic as health insurance marketplace opens for enrollment

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The "idea" of it all was great....the actual "plan" isn't that's for sure!
What people thought they were getting isn't even close to what they will be getting.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Now Now... I see you didn't get the memo. Here, I saved a notice for ya.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/yn524f2dea.gif[/atsimg]

Your President is counting on ya.

edit on 4-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
My best friend is from Chicago. Awesome girl but we do disagree on politics. lol

She is a huge Obama supporter and was a part of his campaign team.

But when Obamacare hit and we ran the numbers, she was freaking out with me. I will even quote her exact words from my text messages: 'I just know from everything I've heard this is suppose to help people not hender so that's y I'm shocked.'

I do feel bad for them and am not one to rub people's noses in things. However, I hope the people like in the article learned a good lesson: nothing is 'free' and somebody ends up paying for it- most likely YOU the taxpayer- Duh. It will never be as good as the government promises.

It really breaks my heart at all the desperate people who got duped into supporting this. I just ignore the cheerleaders. They either seek to profit or don't fully understand it.

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
some of the bare basic policies have $10,000 deductibles which guarantees that low income people will never be using their insurance.maybe that was the plan all along, force people to buy insurance that they can`t use so that the insurance companies have plenty of money for bigger profits and to pay for the people that can afford to use their insurance.

I bet there are a lot of low income obama supporters out there who thought they were going to get free healthcare who are now feeling betrayed.

my daughters insurance went up by 2,112%, thats right percent not dollars.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I figured from day 1 it was just a play by insurance companies to get more money. Make every one pay despite the lowing standard and higher costs of the last decade.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wow... I see the IRS taking your refund for un-paid bills too... Or... The cost of it. This is so crazy!

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sometimes no matter how much you tell people the truth about something they just won't listen. You can lead a horse to water... etc etc.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm very lucky to have coverage already. It's through my wife's employer and
it's actually decent coverage. Our monthly cost did go up about $90, but it could have been worse.

Oh yeah, another stipulation is, I have to go for a health screening, if I refuse then the cost goes up another $200 per month.

Yeah great plan this is.
edit on 4-10-2013 by DeanWormer because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

roadgravel
I figured from day 1 it was just a play by insurance companies to get more money. Make every one pay despite the lowing standard and higher costs of the last decade.

And it's not even so much the insurance companies.

The bigger problem is the cost run ups from the medical *provider* industries.

They operate on market demands and then establish prices based on what the insurance companies will pay, not on market prices that reflect the affordability of the *patients*.

Not to mention the super inflated costs that will cripple many state Medicaid funds.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

tracehd1
Wow... I see the IRS taking your refund for un-paid bills too... Or... The cost of it. This is so crazy!

Hmmm.

That might open the floodgates for the collection agency businesses too.

This is very dangerous for the average citizen.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Quality healthcare has been on the decline in the US for quite sometime now. I believe the biggest problem is health care for profit, every little procedure or pill one is given in a hospital they are then charged an inflated rate for the 'service' or product. When profits are placed over patient's quality of healthcare we all lose.

Unless we can some how agree to have a universal healthcare plan that makes sense and puts patients first and is not in the business of making a profit on one's treatment nothing will improve.

While I haven't examined Obamacare extensively, I do think it is doomed for failure and the health insurance companies stand to make a lot of money now that everyone is essentially required to purchase insurance, yet that insurance is not full coverage and most will still have to pay great sums of money out of pocket for even minor procedures.

Healthcare for profit is an evil business.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

tracehd1

Exactly. We are going to see this happen a lot, even more over the next 2 or 3 years when the penalty costs go higher and higher.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

"Sounds like a lot of people are raging about the insurance policy costs !!

And maybe it's not so much the cost of a policy than the cost of the *care* when you see the astronomical deductibles and cost-sharing out-of-YOUR-pocket variables etc etc."

Very interesting. Its affordable, but its not? Would you mind expanding on this with specific example?

.... too avoid being "shillish" yourself.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
On a lighter note.... I saved money on my car insurance... /waka waka!!!

+32 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
We've had 5 years of debates on the subject. 5 years!!!

And no-one is taking to task, the high costs of healthcare.

No one is addressing the elephant in the room!

Legal influences, malpractice, litiginous peoples, legal protection. . . . . . anyone seeing a common theme here?

If we really want to address healthcare, and healthcare reform. . . we have to talk about lawyers.

But since almost all law makers are lawyers, it'll never happen. . . unless. . . . . .

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm still not seeing the downside.

A bunch of republicans make up stories and post on facebook. I'm glad this is newsworthy.

link   

does anybody know what is goiing to happen to natives? Will rhey still get free medical/ and dental? Im not talking about reservation natives, im talking about tribeless native with proof of native blood

+10 more 
link   
reply to post by beezzer

yup and we were made fun of and called racist and liars.

edit on 043131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Exempt, Native Americans are exempt.

I guess you would qualify for exemption if you can prove it.

edit on 043131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join