It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Facebook Erupts with Citizen Sticker Shock

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

links234
I'm still not seeing the downside.

A bunch of republicans make up stories and post on facebook. I'm glad this is newsworthy.

seriously?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, let's see...we had the savings and loan bailout, airline bailout, auto industry bailout, the bank bailout...only thing left was the insurance industry, let's not call it ACA or ObamaCare anymore and call it by it's rightful name

edit on 10/4/2013 by shockedonlooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Wertdagf
reply to post by xuenchen

"Sounds like a lot of people are raging about the insurance policy costs !!

And maybe it's not so much the cost of a policy than the cost of the *care* when you see the astronomical deductibles and cost-sharing out-of-YOUR-pocket variables etc etc."

Very interesting. Its affordable, but its not? Would you mind expanding on this with specific example?

.... too avoid being "shillish" yourself.

One example is in the 2nd half of the OP.

And of course all that is fully explained in the government websites.

And here's another article;

The bronze level plan, for instance, has the lowest premiums, but will require consumers to shoulder more costs out of pocket. They generally cover 60 percent of a typical population’s out-of-pocket costs, and include deductibles, co-payments and coinsurance. The silver plans cover 70 percent; gold, 80 percent; while platinum covers 90 percent (and therefore carries the highest premiums).

If you buy a plan on an exchange, your annual out-of-pocket costs cannot exceed $6,350 for individuals and $12,700 for a family of two or more in 2014. Catastrophic plans are also available to people under age 30 or those suffering a financial hardship. These carry high deductibles (equivalent to the out-of-pocket maximum, or $6,350 for a single person, in 2014). You cannot apply tax credits to these plans, either.

A Guide to the New Exchanges for Health Insurance

And currently, the IRS only allows medical deductions on Schedule A.

You use Sch A when your deductions exceed the standard deductions.

Sch A only allows partial medical deductions

IRS Sch A 1040

edit on Oct-04-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Bassago

Sometimes no matter how much you tell people the truth about something they just won't listen. You can lead a horse to water... etc etc.

I think it has honestly and genuinely been a case of the majority of people not believing Obama could or would outright lie. It's not without some basis for feeling that way. Look how badly Clinton (Bill) was raked over the coals and ALMOST outright thrown out of office. He was impeached, just not convicted. What for? Lying. People recall that, I believe, and think if Obama was actually lying all this time? Surely....He would have been in trouble.

I think it's the minority that have realized we are actually being lied to in degrees from the trivial to the enormous, daily.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yep, just cracks me up! All of these Sheople thought they would be getting something for nothing...Free healthcare! Ha! The jokes on them... (us!)

Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it... citizens. This is what you get when you elect an American (maybe!) President who's resume was "community organizer". Woo hoo! I would not hire him to run a Dairy Queen, let alone run our country. Grace and peace.

Bruce

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

shockedonlooker
Well, let's see...we had the savings and loan bailout, airline bailout, auto industry bailout, the bank bailout...only thing left was the insurance industry, let's not call it ACA or ObamaCare anymore and call it by it's rightful name

edit on 10/4/2013 by shockedonlooker because: (no reason given)

And don't leave out the biggest beneficiary....

The medical provider industry.

And the *rightful* name is;

P-iss
P-oor
A-ll
C-orporatist
A-genda

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes seriously. Why aren't millions of low income people eligible for some of those subsidies we've all been hearing about?

Because dozens of GOP governors (states rights, after all) refused to expand their Medicaid programs. Even after the federal government offered to cover 100% of the cost.

It's 'news' like this that is complete BS. I don't know the history or the financial situation of all these people. I have to take them at their word. Perfect strangers. Perfect strangers that could very well be republicans that are willing to do minimal effort to get the best deal.

The law isn't nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be. Millions of people trying to log on the first day to get health insurance? Obviously a failure that nobody wants.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You can't help but get "sticker shock" when your "FREE" goes to "EXPENSIVE AS HELL" with a click of the mouse.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

sweet, i am exempt, althought i have to provide my own specitly Docters(which i dont need now thank the force)

and i have to pay for my own emergency room stuff(which since Ive slown a bit and I have not needed ER care for some time)

So my insurance situation is not perfect but it seems like I will be getting out of a lot of other BS that surrounds OBAMACARE

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Exempt, Native Americans are exempt.

I guess you would qualify for exemption if you can prove it.

edit on 043131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

That will exempt a lot of folks.... including myself. If people want to take the time a lot of them could be exempt as well. Thanks Stormdancer! I didn't know that.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

BruceSleuth

Yep, just cracks me up! All of these Sheople thought they would be getting something for nothing...Free healthcare!

Well they got a free Obama-phone so they probably figured they'd get free healthcare too. After that maybe we can get a free Obama-Car. We can make all those mean conservatives pay for it. Only fair.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

links234
I'm still not seeing the downside.

A bunch of republicans make up stories and post on facebook. I'm glad this is newsworthy.

You'll change your tune soon enough when you try to sign up for this crap legislation rammed down our throats on Christmas eve, or worse when you get hit with the penalty after 2015 which will be astronomical and added to you IRS bill. Lets hear your ill informed no downside then.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A Staunch Republican Tries Obamacare ... And Discovers That It's Actually Pretty Awesome

“I would tell them to learn more about it before they start talking bad about it,” he noted. “Be more informed, get more information, take your time and study and not just go by just what you hear on one side or the other. Actually check the facts on it.”

“I still am a very strong Republican, but this… I’m so happy that this came along,” he continued. “Our home is paid for, vehicle’s paid for, this is our expense that we have. We have more expense on medical care than everything else put together, so this is going to be a great help for us.”

So an actual republican took the time to read and sign up and guess what...found out it isn't as bad as the right wingers love to say.

Keep spreading lies and disinfo.

Your Life Under Obamacare

Just in case you think I am cherry picking..here are some bad review and good reviews.

Eric Powell
Small-business owner, 32
Colorado
I grew up a staunch Republican, voted for Bush twice, but the combination of Sarah Palin and the baffling Republican response to Obamacare has caused me to have a major identity crisis in my political beliefs.

They explained that systems were overwhelmed and suggested I try again in a few days, which I’m looking forward to.

Owen Taylor
Finance consultant, 34
Charlotte, N.C.
It appears that families and individuals with low incomes should benefit, but at great cost.

Kevin Mims
Part-time jobs, 55
Sacramento, Calif.
I was amazed by the affordability of the plans on offer at Covered California. My wife and I are leaning toward Kaiser Permanente's Bronze 60 plan, the premiums for which are only $2 a month.

There are more..interesting to see only one bad review. I think it is just some trolling republican attempting to spin and lie about it. It would seem that the a lot of positive feedback despite the lies being told on ATS.

People Are Calling This Obamacare Insurance Exchange in Tears

Walsh said that in the first few hours“it was just raw emotion calling in.” People eager for insurance, at times in tears, wanted to get coverage that they didn’t have before. “They were calling up saying, ‘Can I get my coverage today so I can see my doctor this afternoon?’” he says. “That is in one sense moving but also frustrating because, sure, you can sign up—but the coverage can’t be effective until Jan. 1.

Meet One of the First Obamacare Enrollees

Number, cost of Obamacare plans may surprise

So I can expect to pay twice as much?
Probably not. The U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services estimated that 53 percent of Floridians who are eligible for federal-exchange insurance can get subsidies, and they can make a huge difference. Here's what agent August Boffa of Isurance said about a 54-year-old Orlando client he helped this week. "He did get sticker shock because his plan was at, like, $410 a month," Boffa said. "But based upon his subsidy, he will pay $28 a month."

Of course the right will not give you the full story. They will continue to spin and lie.

OBAMACARE is a success ..deal with it

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Despite what the right would have you believe. The majority of Americans appear to want this and need it. Keep spinning and lying conservatives, it only makes you look like fools and lairs.

You will also notice the only ones reporting disinfo are the usual suspects...Fox, Breibart and other conservative blogs and websites.

edit on 4-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

So an actual republican took the time to read and sign up and guess what...found out it isn't as bad as the right wingers love to say.

Maybe because he gets a 72% subsidy on his healthcare plan. If we got the same maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Obama care is a train wreck. (there fixed it for you)

edit on 992pm5858pm52013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sorry Democrats- you were punked by the Obama administration. What, you think the government cares whether you get healthcare? It was all just a scam to get more money out of the taxpayers.

Sal

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Looks to me like most of those 'successful' people should already have employer plans ?

Hmmm.

If I didn't know better, I might say they are ...... ???

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Despite what the right would have you believe. The majority of Americans appear to want this and need it. Keep spinning and lying conservatives, it only makes you look like fools and lairs.

You will also notice the only ones reporting disinfo are the usual suspects...Fox, Breibart and other conservative blogs and websites.

edit on 4-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

How can *most people* be involved ?

They have been telling us for years now that only 40 million people have no insurance.

And I bet many of those are already on Medicaid.

We have 310 million people in the U.S.

Seems that the majority already has insurance.

Hmmm.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Wow... You should really expect more from your government.

Can you name an event that you call a failure so the rest of us can gauge your standards because the above statement is just too much.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

Onslaught2996

Wow... You should really expect more from your government.

Can you name an event that you call a failure so the rest of us can gauge your standards because the above statement is just too much.

Republican shut down of the government. In an attempt to gain favor of the people they appeared to have just aliented them even more.

Good job once again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join