It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

locking city's down because of crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers

I am doing this thread for two reasons

1. To find out if this has always been normal procedure in USA capital city's and if so could you please give some information on why and when.

2.I would like to find out what all you ATSers and Americans think of this procedure.

I will start the discussion / debate on this subject.
I am a little uninformed on if this has always been procedure and that is why I asked if this is a normal thing in America because over here in Australia it is not.
I find it very strange that a major city be locked down because one or two police are killed by a single woman in a car.
Please don't think I'm uncaring for the above statement my heart and condolences goes out to anyone who lost family and friends today but murders happen to good caring people everyday and they don't lock city's down because of it.
I was very shocked after the Boston bombing to see what happened to law abiding citizen's while there city was on lock down.
My un trusting conspiratorial mind can see that once people get used to the lock downs it will become the norm and make it easy for the PTB to take our freedom and rights away simply by issuing a bogus statement to the media.
Anyway these are my thoughts at the moment I would be interested to hear what you think and of any past instances were this has happened.
Before showing past instances as a defence remember this was a single woman and one car I really can't think of any reason how locking the city down would help in the situation that happened today.
Well that's my two bob's worth and I am looking forward to reading what you folks think about this.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffer44

im sure that here in england if somebody drove their car through the gates of downing street and killed 2 officers, it would be considered far more severe than if it happened in the middle of my home town.

I think this is a little more complicated than it obviously looks to you. And nobody knew it was just 1 woman in 1 car when it happened. they have to make sure that that is ALL it was and that it wasnt the beginning of something much more serious...and I dont think the ENTIRE city was locked down
edit on 4-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
My opinion, the PTB are conditioning obedience to the lock down proceedure, so that people will be familiar and compliant with such breaches of the constitutional amendments.
Much of the social conditioning, is directed towards compliance, with the comming police state.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
No.. It absolutely has not always been standard procedure. It took 2001 for our Government to adopt clinical paranoia as a national standard. Now, they mess themselves if their shadow appears a bit odd and have a heart attack on the spot if a REAL criminal may be found and in person at that. (gasp).

The level of sickness pervading the members of United States leadership is beyond sad. It's dangerous to the nation...to the tune of 100s of billions spent to chase strawmen and boogeymen. Neither of which exists outside their twisted little heads in more than the rarest real world case. At least where they hunt for it.

Nope...until recent times, having lived through worse than anything we've seen for threats (REAL threats) since the towers went down? This is not necessary or justified. It's sickness. Literal, clinical and actual sickness. If most of these people were seen without Government context to their lives and in a professional, clinical setting? I don't think they'd leave without an official diagnosis that would preclude them taking a firearm out with them, to put it kindly.

This is what it looks like when fundamentally unstable people take full control of VERY mature and VERY advanced levels of totalitarian control systems. They become tyranny in full color ....and whole cities get locked down because of a single criminal act or series of them.

Pathetic .....truly..absolutely and totally pathetic. Our past generations of Americans must see this and hang their spiritual heads in utter shame. We've become shadows of what we were just a decade ago. Frightened little shadows...hiding in the dark and hoping no one hurts us. (sigh)
edit on 4-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Sorry for the late response my daughter has been crook all night.
Thanks for your input and the information that's why I started it.
But I'm still not sure that warrants locking down a city.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffer44

Well the most direct answer is that it is because of 9/11. Ever since then we are more reactive to certain things.

Obviously not every single crime leads to the lockdown of an entire city as some have suggested but serious crimes, or something that looks like it may have the potential to be something more than an isolated event may lead to that.

The reasons they do it are pretty simple and you can easily research those if you like. Its certainly not because they are just having fun. It also takes an immense amount of resources to issue that command so its not done lightly.

Has it been necessary so far?

No, but there may be a time it will be and if they don't take proper precautions then people will complain that they didn't do enough.

Simply take 9/11 as an example. How many people have you seen on this forum asking why the government didn't do this or didn't do that......really you just can't please some people know matter what you do.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I have to agree with you for now sterling it really does look that way to me.
I haven't seen or heard any news today worked late and sick kids so I have very little info on how the whole thing went down.
But when I heard city lock down it instantly reminded me of Boston
I thought Boston was a little heavy handed and over the top with locking down the city and forcing home owners out onto the street, it made me feel uneasy inside. But it was bombs in a crowd and more could be planted in the city so I gave them the benefit of doubt.
Then this time it was one women in a car.
Next it will be because of an assault then for fine evaders or any minority groups that upset them.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is not the normal protocol. Though the saying: "If you didn't do anything wrong, you have nothing to fear" comes mostly to mind.

And here's the conditioning folks~

For me, if it's a severe crime that is issuing a "man hunt" then I can see warranting a lockdown...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Prepare for the worse. Hope for the best.

LE, ( as far as I heard in the news), had no idea what they were dealing with. They are walking a fine line.

The job is to protect, and they do that to the best of there ability. Yea, sometimes they over do it, or under do it, depending on what is perceived at the time.

We as people are just observing. Who knew what she was capable of.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hello rabbit.
I new after our last debate (I enjoyed that thread) that you and I were on common ground on most other issues.
Nicely said you have described how l feel and gave a very plausible answer on how it has gotten to this.
As l've gotten older I have woken up to the constant manipulation and lying by our MSM and politicians.
While searching for new trusted news sources and entertainment you inevitably come across the conspiracy websites.
Lets face it if a politician and media make a deal to not publish information or a reporter knowingly releases a fake story to help an agenda then they have committed a conspiracy
A few of those sites have been very informative but you have to sift through all the crap to find what you want.
Back in the 90's when I'd read about marshal law, fema camps and police becoming trained as solders instead of peace officers I didn't believe it or thought it was ok because of the MSM brain washing.
But the last few years I'm really starting to worry a lot of the predictions these sites made back then are coming true.
If there is a media campaign to condition us into excepting city lock downs then there is a conspiracy here.
I just hope it's as simple as you have explained and just a manipulated system that has been governed by a few uncaring, scared, greedy men and not what crazy theriosts believe about sick in the head rich family's out there who think of earth as there farm and us the cattle to control and cull as they want with no debate.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Thanks for your input
I can understand were your coming from and that is at some future time it may be necessary to lock a city down so practice or a better word would be conditioning is needed.
If some major disaster happens I understand that there would be road blocks or maybe house to house searchers my problem is if what you say is true the media and BTB have sat down behind closed doors with no over site to decided how to manipulate the masses into believing this or that is ok and we should just accept it.
So far to my understanding it was one car that ran over a police officer and no shooting happened until the end of the drama.
Trying to manipulate the population like this will in no way help in a real emergency.
If they continue to try and lock city's down for reason like this some people will become complacent and when the real thing happens they won't prepare because it happens all the time or you will get freedom lovers who would normally be willing to allow police in or stay indoors will get sick of the false alarms and will end up in jail or dead for sticking up for there rights.
To say it was ok because we need to be prepared is no a very strong argument and only strengthens there conspiracy side of thing as I've tried to explain in a earlier post

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

If it is fact that the had no idea what they were dealing with as you say then all that would have gone out on the police radio would have been police officer down due to hit and run.
Now if they had no idea of what happened then the last thing they should do is lock the city down. WhaT if people were trying to escape some catastrophe only to be stopped by a road block and sent back into the mobs and violence.
To ever force a free citizen to stay in one place or stop them fleeing for what they feel is there life is immoral, wrong and goes against our basic human rights.

new topics

top topics

join