It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Strange Experience: We Saw 2 Massive Beams of White Light

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hi there peeps...

I live on an island off the West Coast of Scotland on a small peninsula which juts out into the Atlantic Ocean. It is the most Northern Westerly village in Europe. Many people have seen strange and unexplained phenomena up here. I have had quite a few bizarre experiences so far in my life. And I have experienced quite a few in the last year or so. But last night was something else...!!!

My partner (who is a member here) and I had 3 friends round last night.. As one of our friends was leaving my partner called me outside. It was about 10:30pm GMT. As I looked directly West and up at the sky, there was a completely straight and MASSIVE beam of white light streaking right above our heads and across the sky. It had a smaller beam running along side it. It looked to us to be coming from a light source which was higher than the clouds. It was so strange..! All 4 of us saw it. We stood gawping there and wondering what the hell it was. My partner said he remembers when he first saw the Northern Lights that it kinda started as a straight beam of light. But he was adamant that this was not. It was clear to all of us that this beam of light definitely had a source. But what the hell that source was we do not know...

We decided to have a walk around to see if we could see anything. We walked North for awhile but it was completely typical that you could see this beam of light against a clear night sky yet where the light source was, it was covered with cloud.

Our two other friends left. And myself and my partner went to get our next door neighbour. Who also had a friend round. As we looked at this beam from our neighbours house the beam looked curved. It looked like it was following the curvature of the Earth...

Neither of our 2 neighbours knew what this was either. But they saw it..!! We must have been watching if for 40mins or so and the clouds covered it. We said goodnight to our neighbours and decided to do another walk.. We kept watching and waiting and the clouds cleared and we saw it again. That was when we decided to get our friend who left early and show her this. She was slightly drunk and my partner was trying to show her but she wasn't understanding lol..!

So we start walking down, both of us keeping our eyes on this beam of light. And I kid you not. Just as we were rounding the road towards our friends house. As I walked round the curve of the road, the beam of light disappeared as I walked. I shouted to my partner to wait whilst I ran back up the road again to see if it was just some weird angle were we could not see it....

But no it was gone...!! So we walked back home and the clouds well and truly covered the sky. We could definitely still see some sort of glow in a thin patch of cloud, but I can not be sure if that was the beam of light again or not...

Today and tonight I have been trawling the interwebz looking for anything similar to what we saw. And I have not found anything...!!!! I have no idea what this was. But it was just SO big. I could not even hesitate a guess as to how big. It must have been hundreds of miles long. As the source of the light came from above the clouds way way way off the West cliffs and well out to sea. And it reached right above our heads across the sky. It was like a giant torch light and we could not understand the smaller been to the side of it either.

We have ruled out it was not the moon. It was not any kind of light from the land mass we were on. There are no street lights here.. There is no way that was a helicopter or a plane purely because this beam was so unbelievably big and it did not seem to move or flicker or fade in or out. It just stayed there. It could not have been a moonbow as there was no rain. Maybe it was the Northern Lights, but having just spent hours looking for an article or picture similar to what we saw and finding nothing I do not think it was the Northern Lights...

So in total 7 peeps saw this - and I am glad they did. Many of the things I have seen up here have been when myself and my partner are together. We have seen orbs, shadow figures, had bizarre things happen in the house, heard really really weird noises in the house, seen bizarres shapes and light in the sky and on the sea. But when we tell our neighbours and the locals most people think we are mad...!! But the fact that it was not just me who saw these things. My partner did too. If I had seen these things on my own I would doubt myself..

Also I did not even bother trying to take a picture. My camera is not good enough to take photos of the night sky. One of our friends tried to take a photo with his iPhone. But I am not sure if it came up. He is back tomorrow so I shall see what he has got...

There is also a military base literally 3mins from our house on the top of the peninsula. We live on an ex RAF Camp..

Has anyone ever seen a huge beam of light in the sky..? Does anyone know what this might be...? If not I thought I would share our interesting experience with you anyways..

Peace
Fluff
x)

ETA : I just wanted to add that whilst the beam was in the sky, the sky seemed brighter than our average night sky... Will be updating tomorrow...

edit on 3-10-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Maybe landing lights from a plane you saw?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, what about YOUR phone??? I mean todays phones have 8 to 13 MP cams on them! some even record in HD!! the Note 3 I am getting in the mail can record at 4K.
--
Anyways I would be please to see what your friends phone would show, please report all findings back to this thread.

I don't mean to give you crap on not taking pictures, but in this day and age, you have to literally beat yourself to death on picture taking. I always have it in my head to make sure that if I see something, I have my phone on hand ready to start snapping and recording.

Then again who knows if it would even pop up on our devices.

that certainly is interesting though, two huge beams of white light, it COULD be military give the proximity or perhaps maybe something else....

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

That definitely does remind me of the time I saw the Northern Lights. There was a shaft of light in the northern sky for some time that eventually faded or just stopped.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Thank you for your reply..

I don't think so.. The nearest airport to us is 45 miles pretty much directly East of us. And the beam was very high in the sky. That would have to be a blinking massive plane. Plus this beam was huge..!! I would wager a guess that this beam was a few miles wide. Whilst the smaller beam to the side was at two thirds smaller..

We have been discussing what it could have been. But none of us can come up with anything...!!

Whenever anything strange happen. We do wonder whether it has anything to do with the base up the road from us. There is still a huge amount of energy going up to the allegedly abandoned base.. The base is fenced off with and Official Secrets Act warning sign on it.

This beam wasn;t coming from the base though. The source was something very high in the sky and possibly very big...! But the clouds kept the answer secret...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

I did try my camera... It is a Samsung PL211 and it is 14.2 MP. I put it on record mode and you could not see a damn thing apart from blackness. Tried on picture mode again nothing but blackness... So there is no way in hell it would show up on my phone camera which is way worse than my actual camera..

Do not fret yourself I know the game: pics or it didnt happen.... I myself would bloody love to get a photo of one the experiences that I have so I can show it to people. And say look I told you. But ah the bitter sweetness of it all: then they would only cry fake..!!!!

My partner is working with the first 2 friends we saw it with. They are all back tomorrow eve.. So I shall ask if our iPhone friend has a picture. And I shall upload if he has. And whether you can see anything or not..

It could have been linked to the base.. But it certainly was not coming from that direction at all. Somewhere above the sea and above the clouds was some sort of light source sending out one massive beam of white light with a smaller one besides it...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Thanks for your reply..

Well this is what we are all debating. As my partner and 2 friends are away working til tomorrow. Myself and the 2 neighbours we called out have been doing independent researching. We have yet to find an image on the web that is even similar to the thing we saw.. I am still searching..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Just thought as you said a military base was just up the road from you made me think that's what it was, because I live just 16 miles from a busy airport and I'm on the flight path and regularly see plane landing lights at night that light up the clouds etc ....

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My guess would be meteor. They showed on on the news here in America, streaking across the Northern Lights. I can't find the exact one that I saw on the news, but here's another recent one.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Aah.. Well the base is not used anymore. Occasionally the MoD come up to check it and do maintenance. But I personally have never seen a plane land there.. I am not sure about other folk who live here though. I might ask about it anyways..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I always have trouble getting decent photographs and video at night, even with a dedicated compact camera. The fact is you need considerable expertise and understanding of the menu system in order to actually get good night shots, let alone decent video. Depending on the make and model, the night time functionality of such a device can vary also, with some just not doing a great job. I totally understand your fustration therefore.

Also, you have to consider that unless you can take photographs with some type of ambient light amplification, like night vision and so on, something that high up in the sky just will not come out very well unless you can increase the exposure time per shot for stills. For video, you dont really have a choice as far as I am aware, its either some form of night vision or other, or bust for video as far as I am aware.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mistressofspice

Thanks for you reply...

This beam of light did not act like a meteor. It was as if there was someone behind the cloud with an absolutely gigantic torch just pointing it Eastwards..

I did not look like a meteor to me. When my partner gets back tomorrow eve I will see if he is up for joining me in this thread...!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thank you for you reply TrueBrit..

Yes you hit the nail on the head..! After the other weird experience we had at the end of August, we both decided it was about time to invest in some sort of night vision recording device. However all the good ones are well out of our price ranges. We jokingly bought a pair of kids night vision goggles on eBay for £1..!! They are completely crap LOL...!!

But in all seriousness you have no idea how much it frustrates the both of us that we keep having these weird experiences but we cannot record them very easily..! Also I am determined to get a really good camera/night vision device as I want a clear picture. Other wise peeps will dismiss as this or that or the other...

For me it cannot be blurry pixely image. If I am going to record it, it has to be a good picture other wise peeps will call you a fake... I have tried long exposure on my camera and had it still at night - but the truth is my camera is just not good enough. The image comes out as a kinda blurry very low res picture...

It is the only thing I have told peeps I would like for my birthday - so maybe they will all chip in..!! Fingers crossed..!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

fluff007

I did try my camera... It is a Samsung PL211 and it is 14.2 MP. I put it on record mode and you could not see a damn thing apart from blackness. Tried on picture mode again nothing but blackness... So there is no way in hell it would show up on my phone camera which is way worse than my actual camera..

Do not fret yourself I know the game: pics or it didnt happen.... I myself would bloody love to get a photo of one the experiences that I have so I can show it to people. And say look I told you. But ah the bitter sweetness of it all: then they would only cry fake..!!!!

My partner is working with the first 2 friends we saw it with. They are all back tomorrow eve.. So I shall ask if our iPhone friend has a picture. And I shall upload if he has. And whether you can see anything or not..

It could have been linked to the base.. But it certainly was not coming from that direction at all. Somewhere above the sea and above the clouds was some sort of light source sending out one massive beam of white light with a smaller one besides it...

--
Trust me, I know the game too.

Don't get me confused with the skeptic camp, I'm not saying I don't believe you because it just so happens that I have an open-mind and I actually believe that you saw something, its how your post is, detailing everything, one can see it through there own typed words.

I once saw something similar on Destination truth, about a strange electromagnetic phenomenon, clearly through there eyes they can see nothing, but on camera they had notice this strange beam only caught on camera beaming at an angle towards the sky.

Maybe you saw part of the global energy grid that has been slowly charging these last several thousand years...
I know, its an extraordinary claim, but supposedly there is this energy grid that was created along time ago and left to charge slowly.
Maybe if you plot the points on a map where you saw it, you might be able to discern something. I would take ancient sites into account and also that military base and airports. See if anything lines up.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Your sighting immediately made me think of this wild video filmed by a traffic camera and it's baffling people. I don't think it would be impossible to hoax this event. If someone can debunk... Debunk away. lol

Did the beam look anything like this? There's also a video doing the rounds of a beam picking up a cow. I'm not sure how that analysis came out.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Double... DamN... Sorry ;0)
edit on 3-10-2013 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yeah I was going to take screen shots of the area on Google Maps and then plot them. I know you can do it on Google Maps but I have no sussed it yet..! I have been trying for ages. So screen shots and paint it is. if you don;t mind..!

Well it could well be the global energy grid. I could not prove or disprove that.. All I know is that I have never seen anything like that in my entire life..! And I am yet to see an image/picture/recording of anything like it either..!

I think it does line up with the airport which is about 45 miles directly East. But it can't have been plane lights as it wasn't moving and the beam was huge..!

Will update asap...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You are probably going to have to START with a decent DSLR pack, and augment it from there, just to get anything of the quality you are talking about. I would totally ignore the compact market if I were you. I would also think about looking it all up in the second hand market. Even second hand, such things are well outside my price range, otherwise I would probably be an awful lot more snap happy! Im stuck with my compact camera, until or unless I win the lottery or some nonsense.

There are plenty of camera buffs around here someplace who could give you better advice on purchasing this sort of thing, and gear you will need to take really smashing shots at night, as well as advice on settings to use when you have your kit. I wish you the best of luck, and if you ever get a shot of this skyborne beam, I would love to hear all about it!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Wow..! I am not sure if that is real or not.. Will do some research. Thanks for the vid..

The beam of light we saw was constant. It did not flicker or anything or act like the one in the video...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Haha! The news ticker at the bottom of that video suggests its a fake even moreso than the lisping newsreader and pretty poor CGI work in it. "Top players to play charity match." - I mean could it be more vague??

As for the actual beams, no idea! But granted, lots of strange things can be seen in Scotland

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join