It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these contrails or chemtrails?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Please explain what they are and why.

I took these this morning over I40 Just outside of Newton Grove NC. Both were taken about 7:20am.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Contrails from the vapor off the jet engines

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The only way you could know for sure is to do chemical analysis on them. Anything else is just guess work.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

They are MOST LIKELY contrails. Aircraft have been KNOWN to create those for many, many, years. "Chemtrails" are only an untested hypothesis.

You knew that though.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Contrails.

Note the presence of other high level clouds in the sky.

Also, there is zero evidence that chemtrails - if they exist - would manifest themselves as clouds of high level ice crystals. They would be invisible from the ground .....

If you can see it, it can't be a chemtrail (whatever chemtrails might be) unless chemtrails are manmade cirrus clouds ......

That good enough?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to learn how to tell the difference between a contrail and a chemtrail. Many people seem to have that unique ability and I would like to learn how.

Everything I see kind of looks like contrails. Maybe I just live in a boring area. Even when there are lots of contrails, there is usually still a good bit of blue sky. I am just not sure if the trails are meant to block the sun and the pilots in this area are just half assing their work, or maybe all I am seeing are contrails.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Top photo looks like a long straight contrail with some wispy clouds, 2nd photo looks like it is entirely clouds - although possibly some may have derived from contrails but there's no way to know just from the photo..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Contrails.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If you look at just above the tree tops on the second one, there are a bunch of trails. From a different angle, the sun was lighting them up and they looked pretty awesome, but by the time I stopped and took the picture, the angle was not quite as good. But the trails had been there a while and were obviously made during the night. Oh, and I think we have a front moving in with the tropical storm, so they probably are supposed to be there. We were having a run of Blue sky days with mid 70's. Perfect weather for me.

I sure was hoping to learn how to spot a chemtrail. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
first photo looks like a pretty standard contrail

the second one looks like it is all clouds, not sure why you would post that.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

network dude
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If you look at just above the tree tops on the second one, there are a bunch of trails. From a different angle, the sun was lighting them up and they looked pretty awesome, but by the time I stopped and took the picture, the angle was not quite as good. But the trails had been there a while and were obviously made during the night. ...

Oh ok - I see some shapes there that might be or have been lines but they're a bit indistinct - they sort of look a bit like dashes (- - - -) right down at the top of the trees.

there's not really enough detail for me to say whether they looking con's or clouds or chems sorry.

I sure was hoping to learn how to spot a chemtrail. Oh well.

Keep trying - let us know if you do find out!

edit on 3-10-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Kr0nZ
first photo looks like a pretty standard contrail

the second one looks like it is all clouds, not sure why you would post that.

I suppose I should have blown it up to begin with.

Can you see them now?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Can you see them now?

Not with those chemtrails in the way....

Beautiful picture btw...

new topics

top topics

join