It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia "not ready" to face alien threat.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InsertNameHere

how can any nation defend against an invasion if they do not know what weapons would be used against them .

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

ImpactoR
This is like the answer of Medvedev (Дмитрий Медведев), it's all empty words. In the current case what they mean to say is 'IF there were aliens, our system would be incapable of fighting them' - imaginary situation, hypothetical, nothing to do with 'Yes there are aliens, we can't fight them zomg!' ...

that means, Russia wil accept the aliens as friends. There were enough hollywood movies how bad the aliens are. Perahps Russia wants to meet those of them who are good or at least not so bad. Because anyway she cannot win that war. Perfect logic. I expect more than that statement. Medvedev didn't joke at all. His job is not comedian in a TV show, but PM at the time of the "joke".

There are many more jokes and performances in the Russian media and pop culture regarding aliens. These ones we are talking about now, are the serious things instead.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Exactly , no matter how good you prepare , you can not fight a nation without knowing absolutely anything about their offensive and defensive capabilities. If they want to wipe out human race they will do with ease, just sent some alien virus specifically designed to kill humans and wait a couple weeks, that would render all our bullets and nuclear arsenal useless. If they manage to master space travel , killing humans would be like squashing a bug.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

tom.farnhill

how can any nation defend against an invasion if they do not know what weapons would be used against them .

I'm not debating the who can fight what how, it's irrelevant.

I'm debating the value of the article, of which there isn't any, as it is being taken out of context by the media and deliberately misinterpreted by a bunch of people here.
edit on 3-10-2013 by InsertNameHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Top Notch Hidden Tech:

Like this? Even they would have great trouble with ET!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Russians do have "extremely effective and high tech means for dealing with terrestrial issues and threats.

Yeah like set off all nukes...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

That article made me lol. I have no more to add.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

tom.farnhill

A hostile ET wouldn't need any special weaponry they could just sit out in space throwing big rocks at us , it wouldn't take long for us to be pounded into submission or even extinction .

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
IDK. Now I understand that any alien capable of transversing time and space would be like shooting a freight train with a BB gun.

But, consider this, what if an alien civilization, much like in a position, probably a couple hundred years ahead, not much though, found old gates on their world or off world like somewhere in there solar system, turned them on somehow and transported to our planet?
Would our ability to fight be effective in that case???
There is a book called,
"The Last world War" by Dayton Ward
--
the scenario of that book was just as the premised I had wrote. In it, a species of aliens was undergoing a massive global civil war on there home world, when one side came up with a teleportation gate to transport troops to one side of the globe, they somehow got the math wrong and ended up transporting to our planet instead, they had no starships or anything super advance, their weapons tech though may have been a hundred years ahead of us, but nonetheless they were still very much vulnerable to standard weapons like the M4 and AK47.
What say you guys.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

FireMoon
So far we are not capable of that. We are unfortunately not ready to fight extraterrestrial civilizations,”

Hilarious! Try another million years.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

FireMoon

The idea that, in Russia today they are asked "unexpected questions" seems a tad generous. In fact, that goes for the UK and the USA as well, "unexpected questions" are either totally ignored, made fun of, or simply not allowed. For them to reply in the manner they did suggests that, the question was actually, far from unexpected and someone was wanting to make some kind of point. It could simply be similar to the Reagan speech where, rather than actually talking about aliens, he was pleading for world wide concord and more cooperation.

That it's found its' way into the Independent as a story does suggest that, they think there's more to this story than meets the eye.

S & F for your OP.

I too find this very interesting on many levels.

As to the gist of the question he answered, other countries may have more extensive preparations but I doubt those preparations will mean squat in the event of an attack even if those countries thought they knew what to prepare for.

First off I'm sure they don't know what to prepare for, and 2nd any alien civ with the knowledge and tech to get here will be way too far advanced to be threatened by anything we could throw at them.

With that said, I find the notion that the question was answered so readily and matter-of-factly far more interesting for what it may imply.

It appears we are living in very interesting times indeed....

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

We cause casualties, in that scenario, but still lose.

As long as we are in a situation where they can attack our military infrastructure, and we can not attack theirs, we lose. Just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

gortex

tom.farnhill

A hostile ET wouldn't need any special weaponry they could just sit out in space throwing big rocks at us , it wouldn't take long for us to be pounded into submission or even extinction .

LOL - Very true.

Actually wasn't there a movie that featured this scenario?

Can't think of the name right now...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Yeah true that, but still...being a military man I cling to the hope that I would defend my family at all cost.
I'm not the kind to just sit back and let bygones be bygones. I'll do my best, not matter how futile.
Even an ANT can make a person stop to scratch, given enough of them, can hurt you.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

peck420
reply to post by Arnie123

We cause casualties, in that scenario, but still lose.

As long as we are in a situation where they can attack our military infrastructure, and we can not attack theirs, we lose. Just a matter of time.

Nice thing about ET trying this; he has no infrastructure within several light years. Even with really good tech. all that infrastructure is weeks away, along with any reinforcements, and supplies. Conducting a way light years from One's is more difficult that yall might think.

Then there is the actual technology differences. Yall seem to think that ET is millions of years more advanced, or at least thousands. However, any species interested in conquest, war, etc. probably isn't any more advanced that Terrestrial Humans. So, the remarks about how hard it is to fight a war light years from home are doubled. And, the ability of Terrestrials to fight off such an aggressor is greatly increased.

Given the real state of Terrestrial Technology, it seem quite possible that you could fight off many ETs.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

greyer

FireMoon
So far we are not capable of that. We are unfortunately not ready to fight extraterrestrial civilizations,”

Hilarious! Try another million years.

That depends, humanity may not have the necessary physical weapons but in case of invasion there is a huge afterlife filled with souls who can take over/posses entire civilizations and bring them down.

Really, Earth is one of the nastiest places in the universe with living beings conscious of their primitive situation and trying to survive while there are those advanced aliens who have almost no willpower of their own because they have been relying on tech for centuries. If any alien race would ever attack Earth, they would open the gates of hell and within a few years an entire civilization would be converted and they would probably donate all their stuff to us with the complements of our ancestors. Especially the most advanced species who have been brought up in a perfect world and have very little will to survive while the average earth spirit is thougher than nails.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

And, there aren't a surplus of Souls on ET home world? Earth ain't special, all the other stars, planets, home worlds are exactly the same (well within obvious limits). Point is; in the spiritual aspect Earth is exactly like all other home worlds...no difference!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Believers reeeeeeeeally have to stretch and grasp at straws I guess.

What about the comment: "Our centre was not tasked with it. There are too many problems on Earth and near it." If you want to pick apart the "not ready" comment. How about the reasoning behind no need for extraterrestrial security? Couldn't you also interpret that as a threat isn't there? Of course hardcore believers will make that comment into a conspiracy as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I agree with the fact that in reality the aliens may be who they are, but people on earth are even more evil because they act without knowing the purpose behind it. They are blind evil doers. And I don't know why i am seeing it so much now.
edit on 6-10-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Dragonfly79
Really, Earth is one of the nastiest places in the universe with living beings conscious of their primitive situation and trying to survive while there are those advanced aliens who have almost no willpower of their own because they have been relying on tech for centuries.

You are talking as if this is fact. What other worlds in the universe are better than ours and what proof do you have? And who are "those advanced aliens" are you speaking of? What proof do you have of those?

I'm not saying other species don't exist somewhere out there but I can say with some certainty that they haven't ever come here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join