It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter S. Thompson rumors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The father of Gonzo journalism died eight years ago. He was unique. A savage political critic, he wrote some of the sharpest commentaries on the times. He was one of the most well articulated journalists the world has ever known.

But there are rumors surrounding Hunter S. Thompson. Rumors of assassination, for one. That he did not commit suicide. I find some credibility in this. I can't imagine him killing himself. Maybe someone else, but not himself. He was about to put out another book. He had things to live for. But he was on radio, a short time before he was killed, proclaiming how he was going to blow the lid off of the dirty secrets of the current administration. Instead, I think the government blew off his lid, to keep their dirty laundry out of the light of day.

Then, there are various rumors of his involvement with the illuminati, that he filmed this or that at Bohemian Grove, and helped shadowy, unknown elites engage in perverse behavior, but it makes no sense. If Thompson was working with the Establishment to sacrifice kids to the devil, why would he then turn around and savagely mock the government? It seems like character assassination. Spin doctoring, at it's worst.

It's a shame that we lost one of the greatest authors of the 20th century when we needed him most.

However, the truth ought to come to light.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What would be one way to discredit a vocal critter of you who could be turned into a martyr if the truth where known that you silenced him.

You make him one of you post mortem.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

I knew he died, but i didn't know it was suicide. I guess when I read the story and the part about suicide I blocked it out cause it is that ridiculous!!!!

One if things I got from his writings, of which I have plenty more to read, is that he knew he was cutting edge, and he knew he was helping the people no matter how cynical his voice was. And as most writers are, he was very into himself. I dont think he killed himself,

as for the bohimian grove stuff, i will have to look more into that. Maybe his popularity caused a reaction, the elites saw he was popular and influential, so they approached him, and either he out right rejected them or he played along to gather info as any good journalist would do, and once the elites knew they were getting scammed, they destroyed him.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Worst rumor I heard was how Hunter went out with a gang of rich white folks with guns and they let loose some bum they had found and decided to re-enact "The Most Dangerous Game". There were other BoGrove rumors and that whole thing with that one guy given White House press credentials under bush the deuce who was a male prostitute, but he also resembled an adult version of a kid that had disappeared years earlier. Jeff Gannon was his name. Hunter "killed himself" when that whole story was breaking... the rabbit hole goes deep...
edit on 2-10-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I would never discount any possibility, but I think on this occasion its pretty cut and dry. He had medical problems and his general health was not good, probably due to all the drug and alcohol abuse over the years. He was quoted as saying years earlier that he wanted to have control over his own death and never wanted to die like an invalid. And to add to that, he was a pretty crazy m.f. Also there was family at the house when he killed himself, to verify what happened.

I agree that he was a brilliant writer and journalist and he and his ilk are sorely missed today, given the fact that real journalism is as good as dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Johnny Depp was a good friend of his, and even lived with him for a time to study him for "Fear and Loathing". Depp was also there at Thompson's funeral where his ashes were shot out of a cannon.

Depp didn't seem to surprised at his suicide, although if he was killed Depp might not want to say anything out of fear himself.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Johnny Depp is an actor. A millionaire. He was good in Fear and Loathing, but the man's personal politics and mind are unknown to me. The wealthy are not to be trusted, me-thinks.

His opinion is just that. An opinion. I have mine as well. Sure, he was friends with Hunter, but when the coroner protests too much, he might suffer the consequences. He could have been coerced, or just didn't want to become alienated from Hollywood.

It's possible Thompson offed himself, but critics of the government have a nasty way of turning up dead from "suicide". Like Gary Webb, one of the folks who broke the Iran/Contra thing, and wrote several pieces on the CIA's covert drug trafficking. He shot himself in the head multiple times in 2004. Gee, I wonder if it was really a suicide.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Lots of successful writers have killed themselves. Virginia Wolfe, Hemingway, David Foster Wallace, Sylvia Plath. I guess I don't see Thomson's death as unusual in that regard.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hunter had a thing where he said he was going to kill himself or die at age 50. He went past that to 67 and I believe wrote something on his typewriter about it as a suicide note.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Story is that "they" Bohemian Grove types engaged Hunter Thompson in some behavior that was or would have been not only embarrassing but devastating to him had it got out. It is a kind of blackmail/hazing ritual that the inner circle participates in to keep their secrets. If they have something on you, they know you will not divulge what they are really up to at these soirees. He was threatening to expose them or write about the Bilderberg group and Washington Parties. The later it got, most people started leaving but a group stayed knowing there was going to a sadistic orgy involving fresh young boys later. In the group of those who lingered there were some big names, Peter Lawford, Kissenger was one. Most of these boys, who reportedly were passed around like appetizers, were taken from Boystown One of the boys used for these parties won a settlement against them. Paul Baldicci or something like that. This Paul was good looking, clever and a favorite but he said some boys, orphans removed from Boystown, he just never saw again and at least one he knew was murdered. This was in a sacrifice where everyone there knew the boy was going to die but the boy thought he was just performing a sex act, or rather one was being performed on him when his throat was cut. It was rumored Hunter S Thompson was privy to the deepest darkest secrets of this exclusive social club after having taken part in a few of these late night, early morning parties. If you start at the Balducci kid and read everything he was associated with, it gets ugly and Hunter Thompsons name is brought in shortly before his death.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

edit on 2-10-2013 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

He had always said he was going to suicide. at least thats who I always thought of his intent, and that was before his death.

He didn't let the swines get him. And he got shot out of a gonzo fist canon.

Pure gonzo all the way.

.. i read not any of that twaddle about rich white guys and beating homeless people. poppycock.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vapedson

Apparently he talked about suicide a lot,I watched a few Documentary's on the man,and it seemed no one was surprised when he offed himself. Now i did hear, or read rumors that he was planning to write some piece on the 9/11 tower attacks. Who knows..maybe his constant talk of suicide was the perfect alibi for assassination .

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
He'd been writing about 9/11 for years, and sad truth is his journalism was no longer a force in the world, he'd become largely irrelevant outside of Gonzo fans.

(Of whom I am one.)

So I'm not sure the powers that be would feel remotely threatened by him anymore. I mean, who outside of the Gonzo fan world even knew he was still writing? Speak to most folks and they don't even know who Hunter was.

Anyway, I'm not at all convinced by the conspiracy theories presented here. I think it was simply that he was incurably ill, and wanted to go out on his own terms.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I don't believe for one second that Hunter offed himself.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Journalist are alive and well it is their employers that have lost the moral obligation and ability to honestly report the issue at hand. It is all controlled now. All the news that we hear, see or read is a intricate web of information designed to create an appropriate response in our minds. As for HST, RIP. I've read all his work and I'd say it's quite possible he did end it himself. I can think of some pretty colorful last thoughts that may have run through his mind as he pulled the trigger like you F-ing trolls, glutinous swine dogs or here comes Johnny...
Sorry to see him go. What a strange trip its' been, and continues to be.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've read all volumes of HST letters and I'm a huge fan of his work. I highly doubt he had anything to do with the Illuminati, but I do think he most likely--considering his curiosity and his thirst for knowledge--researched allot of Occult topics he didn't speak much about, but sometimes did come out in his writing, especially after he began taking '___'. He may or may not have taken it seriously, and I wouldn't doubt for a second he'd do what ever it took to get on the inside of some circles for the knowledge of such things or to get the word out; however he kept a level-realistic head about the things he wrote regarding politics, even if it was littered with his elegant imagination, and I'm sure he stumbled upon some pretty strange # with some of the people he hung around, but nothing too seriously bizarre. He killed himself in his house with his family present, and that can be confirmed ... if anyone has followed his work seriously, that's exactly how the Good Dr. wanted to go out. But I don't think there's a conspiracy here.

"If I’d written all the truth I knew for the past ten years, about 600 people – including me – would be rotting in prison cells from Rio to Seattle today. Absolute truth is a very rare and dangerous commodity in the context of professional journalism." --HST

edit on 31-8-2014 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join