It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Station Live Camera Shut Down

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

lostgirl

Phage
reply to post by lostgirl

It just doesn't seem to me that NASA could claim sole 'ownership' (or control) of the ISS cameras...

What make you think they did?
What makes you think it isn't a mutual agreement?

That's my point; I think it would be a "mutual agreement". I was trying to express that just because the NASA websites are down, doesn't mean (as some posters fear) that the ISS cameras are down, because our gov't isn't the only one who funds the space station...

So, what I meant to convey was that those concerned about watching the camera feeds might want to try searching for websites from other nations involved in the ISS...

I did try, but no luck. Maybe there is some place to see it, but I can't find it,,,good idea though! If you come across one, please post

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

**Joke Alert**

I guess the next phase and the phase that should seal the deal is "The Aliens" are coming! If we haven't freed ourselves and working in self sustaining communal units, we can just throw in the towel and get in line for our rations of Soylent Green.

(Sorry. Forgot my disclaimer)

edit on 2-10-2013 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Disclaimer added.

Mmmmmm......Soylent Greeeeeen

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Thebel

The only 1 who knows the
reply to post by StealthyKat

Is the goverment shut down on perpose? I mean is a false flag going to happen while Congress is out of the picture and hideing in there bunkers. Will a meteor hit earth that they know about and us sheepies are going to fend for ourselfs? There is a lot of strange meteors in the sky lately that could be the reason for the goverment shut down to not cause a public panic.

Any thoughts?

True...but do they have a camera in space? LOL!

There is always Russia and China. And don't forget ESA. NASA isn't the only space agency in the World.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

thepolish1

StealthyKat
reply to post by thepolish1

Yes...this whole thing has got me ticked off...but I stay away from politics on ATS LOL....though the ISS cam won't save us from an asteroid LOL, I just enjoy watching it. It provides a glimpse of ourselves from another point of view. When I see that big blue marble spinning through the vastness of space, I picture how small we are in the scheme of things....and it brings some bit of humility to me. Sort of puts things in perpective. Maybe if we took more time to notice things like that, the world would be a much better place.
Yeah...I'm a dreamer LOL!
edit on 10/1/2013 by StealthyKat because: sp

I've stayed away from politics my whole life. I just could never wrap my little pea brain around screwing someone over to get ahead. Our founding fathers would be ever so pi$$ed.

I absolutely love the pic in the op. It does put a lot of stuff in perspective. Kinda like the ending of one of my favorite movies. When Agents K and J open the locker, look in and see lockers for what looked like infinity.
Yeah, I hear ya girl, and I'm right there. People are too busy to appreciate the simple things. Which makes life more astounding.

Something to ponder, think about the vastness of space, how many quadrillions of miles, and think of the smallest thing you can think of and compare the two.....try to invision it side by side. Baffling isn't it?

It is astounding. I really don't see how some people are NOT interested in things such as this. We are so wrapped up in our stupid, petty crap, we don't even see what's around us.

When was the last time you laid in the grass and looked up at the sky....and were just QUIET. Just still, and were aware of how vast and beautiful the universe is. We stress and worry and give ourselves heart attacks, because we FORGOT how to do this.

So do it....tonight, or tomorrow...I promise you, it will stay with you. For however long you can do it, even if it's only 20 minutes. Look up there, and dream....

THAT is why the space station and all things like it are important. Because somewhere, out there....is where WE came from.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

I'll say it for you, allow me...
ISS has been hit by a large meteor early this morning.
All contacts with ISS are lost.
No one knows what is happening since there are blackouts of official NASA websites due to government shutdown, there're speculations the ISS will crash land in the next couple of hours.
Stay tuned...

ERR MA GERD!!!!! GET TO THE BUNKA!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

tinyDAWK

zilebeliveunknown

I'll say it for you, allow me...
ISS has been hit by a large meteor early this morning.
All contacts with ISS are lost.
No one knows what is happening since there are blackouts of official NASA websites due to government shutdown, there're speculations the ISS will crash land in the next couple of hours.
Stay tuned...

ERR MA GERD!!!!! GET TO THE BUNKA!!!

You DO know I didn't post that right?? I

No...you go to the bunker.....I'll stay with the sane people LOL!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

i know, it was zilebeliveunknown replying to your post. im kidding btw
... i dont have a bunker

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

tinyDAWK

i know, it was zilebeliveunknown replying to your post. im kidding btw
... i dont have a bunker

LOL!
Don't feel bad, I don't either haha!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Fancy NASA shutting down for us NOT to witness the interaction between ISON and Mars! This is probably the most interesting event of the year of NASA's 'fizzling out' comet. Well that just isn't true, no way, has a coma now of 44,000 miles of green toxic stuff and pulling in TWO asteroids. As for the interaction with Mars, those images were incredible, even gave Mars a coma.

And of course if NASA shuts down, MSM has nothing to report! So anyone interested has to go elsewhere.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join