It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Station Live Camera Shut Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just thought I would put this out there for those interested. There has been many (above normal) meteor sightings as of late....and then the talk of comets, the "October 1st disaster" thing, (the camera on the ISS officially went off today, October 1st *shudder*) .....the mass ordering of antibiotics and MREs by Fema (supposedly)...and on and on.

Now, I am not saying any of this is true (except for the increase of meteor sightings and the ISS camera shut dowm)...I am just putting it out there for discussion. What do you think?

Here is the Nasa link...it also says Nasa Television will be unavailable until further notice

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What a stunning picture!

Does this sort of thing not happen often on the ISS? For maintenance ect. Pretty sure i seen a thread a while ago about it.

Tsom87

link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Nice find.
But the notice is blaming it on the government shutdown.
Thanks, Obama!

link   

No money equals no footage. The US is in quite the jam right now with the government shut down. IE, no money going into NASA and many other beneficial programs. Mass lay offs occurring, no national parks, it's just a mess.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

IAMTAT

Nice find.
Thanks, Obama!

This is a bi partisan issue, you cannot just blame Obama alone for this. If both sides can't get along and stop fighting and acting like children, then things like this happen. I think honestly our government and constitution need a HUGE revamping to avoid situations like this. Doing everything in twos just does not work anymore.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It is rather interesting, first the Nasa telescope designed to capture images of Ison has a tech malfunction or 'meltdown' and won't be able to collect any data and now the ISS cam feed is shut down as well as NASA tv...I have no idea what it pertains to but it is one of those things that make you go hmmm?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That'll teach those d*mned Republican!!!

Come to think of it... Do we have anyone up there needing cab fare home??

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
it just keeps on getting better and better 2 day in the land of strange

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Myomistress

No money equals no footage. The US is in quite the jam right now with the government shut down. IE, no money going into NASA and many other beneficial programs. Mass lay offs occurring, no national parks, it's just a mess.

None of which is necessary.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Suspicious Observer noted, a couple of weeks ago, that the IRIS telescope has been offline, with no explanation from NASA.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Nice to see that the Obama administration considers NASA personnel 'non-essential'.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

NASA Says..

Due to the lapse in federal government funding, this website is not available.
We sincerely regret this inconvenience.
For information about available government services, visit USA.gov.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

What to do? This was part of the gov shut down, targeted specific areas such as this first. keep them in the dark, ignorant.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Not to worry ... I'm sure that the Russian's or another Asian country is capturing images from the Space Station as they have held contracts for years with NASA .... Mark this posting as factual history!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
THE OFFICIAL MESSAGE

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

IAMTAT

Nice find.
Thanks, Obama!

Yes, if they could shut off the sun they would do so and blame the anarchists!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I wonder if the astronauts on the ISS were told not to turn up to work today?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I'll say it for you, allow me...
ISS has been hit by a large meteor early this morning.
All contacts with ISS are lost.
No one knows what is happening since there are blackouts of official NASA websites due to government shutdown, there're speculations the ISS will crash land in the next couple of hours.
Stay tuned...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just for memory's sake, here is the last view of the earth from the ISS I got....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

TSOM87
What a stunning picture!

Does this sort of thing not happen often on the ISS? For maintenance ect. Pretty sure i seen a thread a while ago about it.

Tsom87

It has been down for maintenance....however now it says because of FUNDING...no, I have never seen that before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join