It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Station Live Camera Shut Down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I guess NASA and the ISS live cam are considered non essential spending so they are shut down, but don`t worry your congressman will still get paid,and isn`t that really what we are all concerned about?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

sweetstuff
It is rather interesting, first the Nasa telescope designed to capture images of Ison has a tech malfunction or 'meltdown' and won't be able to collect any data and now the ISS cam feed is shut down as well as NASA tv...I have no idea what it pertains to but it is one of those things that make you go hmmm?

Yes, it is. I'm not one to think everything is a conspiracy or suspicious...but it kind of creeped me out for some reason.
Probably because of the TIMING LOL....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

PinealJockey
Suspicious Observer noted, a couple of weeks ago, that the IRIS telescope has been offline, with no explanation from NASA.

I was going to mention that....it's just odd. Someone mentioned the ISS cam is not necessary...maybe not, but what bothers me is the timing of it all.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

zatara
reply to post by StealthyKat

NASA Says..

Due to the lapse in federal government funding, this website is not available.
We sincerely regret this inconvenience.
For information about available government services, visit USA.gov.

Yes, I mentioned that...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

antar

What to do? This was part of the gov shut down, targeted specific areas such as this first. keep them in the dark, ignorant.

Hi Antar....The reason I thought it might be of interest to ATS, was because of all the chatter about October 1st, comets, Fema activity, so on and so on.....You KNOW these types of things would be targeted first.....because the aren't essential really. it' the dates I find interesting...and the fact that there have been unusually high numbers of meteor sightings in just the past month. Just going to miss being able to watch it.
edit on 10/1/2013 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The entire website is down. It's sort of silly to say the "live camera shut down".

OMG. They turned off the weather!
governmentshutdown.noaa.gov...

Yellowstone must have blown up!
www.nps.gov...
edit on 10/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Jinn82
reply to post by greencmp

I wonder if the astronauts on the ISS were told not to turn up to work today?

LOL....I wonder too! Wonder if they will be paid??

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

I'll say it for you, allow me...
ISS has been hit by a large meteor early this morning.
All contacts with ISS are lost.
No one knows what is happening since there are blackouts of official NASA websites due to government shutdown, there're speculations the ISS will crash land in the next couple of hours.
Stay tuned...

NO...Please don't say that for ME LOL! Did not intend for this to be THAT kind of thread. I just want to put the info out there for those interested. No one is saying anything has happened to the space station.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Here is an example of the things people have caught on the live cam....some very interesting and beautiful images...NOT endorsing the comments from the uploader about UFOS...just showing the images

sunset from the ISS

edit on 10/1/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Many things are down due to the shutdown including the Yellowstone Live Webcam. However NOAA Data Bouys are up as Due to the Federal Government shutdown, and most associated websites are unavailable. However, because the information This Site provides is necessary to protect life and property, it will be updated and maintained during the Federal Government shutdown. It seems that this site is still up.

NASA's AllSky Fireball Network
edit on 10/1/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well Phage, I guess now you're our Liaison Officer with NASA *thumbs up*

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So that's it! All makes sense now. The US Federal funding crisis is just a clever ploy to justify shutting down the ISS webcam so we can't see the aliens

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

I think both sides are going to agree to be shutdown for as long as possible to get as much for free as it can from it's employees so it can save a bit of money.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

My mother, who is the furthest thing you can get from a conspiracy theorist, made the comment that it makes absolutely no sense, at all, for the news media to speak of watching the "comet of the century" and one even claiming to be "your comet watch news station" and the government shutting down their their surveillance systems. She says either they are lying and is just not sharing with us what they are watching or they are running for cover. She says she is not sure which idea frightens her the most.

I have to agree that it is truly an odd and convenient (or inconvenient) time to go off line. Either way it does seem to be sending the message "every man for himself".

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Phage

Is that what happened to the hurricanes in the Atlantic this year? Lol

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
So that's it! All makes sense now. The US Federal funding crisis is just a clever ploy to justify shutting down the ISS webcam so we can't see the aliens

Ugggh PLEASE don't turn this Thread into that. NO ONE is suggesting anything of the sort! NOTHING to do with "aliens". I was referring to the people who are interested in the comet, and the many meteors that have been sighted recently. Read the OP...there is NO mention of aliens (I am not into all that)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

But neither the comet nor meteors would appear on the ISS live cam anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Phage
The entire website is down. It's sort of silly to say the "live camera shut down".

Yellowstone must have blown up!
www.nps.gov...
edit on 10/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Phage,,,you misunderstand. I am not saying anything about doomsday because the ISS live cam is shut down. I was just posting about it for the ones who watch it and might be interested. Who said anything about Yellowstone? I have never posted a "doom" thread and never will. I am really getting to dislike being on this site. I used to love it. It seems that now, people are always making assumptions and ready to jump on other people. I never mentioned aliens, doom, or yellowstone. I was actually posting it kind of tongue in cheek when I mentioned the "Oct 1st" thing and all.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It was a joke. Not altogether out of the question for something like that to be posted here seriously though.

But saying the camera was shutdown is not exactly accurate. The entire NASA website is offline, as are others. That was the point of my joke.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Phage

It was a joke. Not altogether out of the question for something like that to be posted here seriously though.

But saying the camera was shutdown is not exactly accurate. The entire NASA website is offline, as are others. That was the point of my joke.

I apologize then.....I should have said the whole website, I was just thinking of the webcam, since I watch it a lot. I love watching the sunrise and sunset from space especially! I'm not one looking for aliens LOL ...thanks for clarifying!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join