It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seymour Hersh on Obama, NSA and the 'pathetic' American media

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Does an established journalist printing the truth really need PR?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

MrInquisitive

VoidHawk
I agree about what he says about journalism, but does HE!!
Why have we got to wait for his book to know the facts? Shouldn't he be throwing it at us NOW!!
edit on 27-9-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

Did you bother to read the Guardian article and what Hersh said there? He relatess that he knew -- from soldiers' accounts -- about the My Lai massacre months before he broke the story, but he waited until he had corroborating documentary evidence, i.e. official US government documents, to publish it? Evidently he is applying the same journalistic rigor to his writing about the OBL raid; that, and/or he publishes articles in the toolish NYT, so he is waiting to report on this story, which is obviously quite likely unflattering to the US government (and hence un-NYT-worthy) in an upcoming book of his.

As to anyone saying that this is shameless shilling for his book, I would just ask: how does most anyone make a splash without some shameless PR? And shameless PR in an effort exposing the lies of the government is a good thing in my book.
edit on 27-9-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

Yes I did read it.
He said

Nor does he understand why the Washington Post held back on the Snowden files until it learned the Guardian was about to publish.

and then he said

The Pakistanis put out a report, don't get me going on it. Let's put it this way, it was done with considerable American input. It's a bull# report," he says hinting of revelations to come in his book.

He should practice what he preaches. If he has "revelations to come in his book" then he obviously has corroborating documentary evidence.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Sauron
I think Seymore is right along with a few other,

The Osama bin Laden Myth
November 26, 2012 | Categories: Articles & Columns | Tags: craig roberts bin laden, | Print This Article Print This Article
www.paulcraigroberts.org...
The interview below with Osama bin Laden was conducted by the Karachi, Pakistan, daily newspaper, Ummat and published on September 28, 2001, 17 days after the alleged, but unsubstantiated, al Qaeda attack of September 11, 2001, on the World Trade Center twin towers and Pentagon. The interview was sensational. The alleged “mastermind” of 9/11 said that he and al Qaeda had nothing to do with the 9/11 attack. The British Broadcasting Corporation’s World Monitoring Service had the interview translated into English and made public on September 29, 2001.

Osama bin Laden’s sensational denial was not reported by the US print and TV media. It was not investigated by the executive branch. No one in the US Congress called attention to bin Laden’s refusal of responsibility for the greatest humiliation ever inflicted on a superpower.

No US sailor saw Bin Laden’s alleged burial

An email supposedly sent by a Navy officer claims Osama bin Laden was washed, wrapped in a white sheet, and then placed in a weighted bag, according to the Daily Mail. Another email allegedly sent by Vinson’s public affairs officer claims only a small group of the ship’s leadership was informed of the burial.

“A military officer read prepared religious remarks, which were translated into Arabic by a native speaker. After the words were complete, the body was placed on a prepared flat board, tipped up, whereupon the deceased’s body slid into the sea,” Adm. Charles Gaouette said in the email.

Recipients of the email included Adm. Mike Mullen, then chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Gen. James Mattis, top officer at U.S. Central Command.

The Defense Department previously said it did not have any photographs or video to support its claim the SEALs killed the al-Qaeda leader. It also admitted there were no images taken of Bin Laden’s body on the Vinton.

The Pentagon does not have a death certificate, autopsy report or results of DNA identification tests for bin Laden, or any pre-raid materials discussing how the government planned to dispose of bin Laden’s body if he were killed,

presstv.com...

Gee , it Must All be True , I mean , they even made a Movie about it ................(Roll Eyes ) ......

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I find it amusing that because Seymour Hersh has claimed something that is extravagantly conspiratorial, that he is by default "one of the best informed journalists in America".

Nobody makes more sourceless claims than Seymour Hersh does. And he sells a lot of books doing it!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"Pieczenik said that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001, “Not because special forces had killed him, but because as a physician I had known that the CIA physicians had treated him and it was on the intelligence roster that he had marfan syndrome,” adding that the US government knew Bin Laden was dead before they invaded Afghanistan.

Marfan syndrome is a degenerative genetic disease for which there is no permanent cure. The illness severely shortens the life span of the sufferer.

“He died of marfan syndrome, Bush junior knew about it, the intelligence community knew about it,” said Pieczenik, noting how CIA physicians had visited Bin Laden in July 2001 at the American Hospital in Dubai.

“He was already very sick from marfan syndrome and he was already dying, so nobody had to kill him,” added Pieczenik, stating that Bin Laden died shortly after 9/11 in his Tora Bora cave complex.

“Did the intelligence community or the CIA doctor up this situation, the answer is yes, categorically yes,” said Pieczenik, referring to Sunday’s claim that Bin Laden was killed at his compound in Pakistan, adding, “This whole scenario where you see a bunch of people sitting there looking at a screen and they look as if they’re intense, that’s nonsense,” referring to the images released by the White House which claim to show Biden, Obama and Hillary Clinton watching the operation to kill Bin Laden live on a television screen. “It’s a total make-up, make believe, we’re in an American theater of the absurd.”

OBL

edit on 27-9-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
OBL's death as described was a little kept non-secret in the intelligence community.

Arouet - Heard that somewhere, could be wrong, might be right.

Who knows?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hmmm.

Report: Bin Laden Already Dead

Published December 26, 2001
FoxNews.com

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Listen to you.

This guy drops a hint with no evidence to back his story and ATS goes GAGA with "i'm sick of lies" and "the truth is now revealed". lololololol

Go back to work.

Arouet - glad he isn't an AmeriCON
edit on 9/28/13 by Arouet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah , ole Bin was one Sly Fox Indeed to have lasted that Long.........

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

thesmokingman
He will no doubtedly have an "accident", or somehow be killed just like the boys in seal team six did. It is my opinion they were killed to keep anyone from possibly coming out and exposing the fact that Osama was NOT in fact killed in a raid that day.

This is correct, and things like it have happened before when they killed pat tillman,
then burned his clothes and refused to turn over his diary to his mother.

He had said he was going back stateside to talk to Noam Chomsky and not too long
after that he was shot at close range by a US weapon multiple times.

From wikipedia...

he had made an appointment with notable government critic Noam Chomsky for after his return from the military. The destruction of evidence linked to Tillman's death, including his personal journal, led his mother to speculate that he was murdered.[30] General Wesley Clark agreed that it was "very possible".[31][32]

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Glad to see more people trying to show the government for who they really are. But they will still manage to lie and convince enough people that they are much safer because of it.

"planes caused those buildings to fall like that. Honest! - So we are going to war you will be much safer that way." - oh ok mr president.

"we caught Bin Laden! Sorry no body though we had to buy him at sea, its really him though. you're all much safer now." - oh sure thing mr president thanks for doing that.

"We arent spying on you...we promise! but if we were you'd be much safer." - your not? but this says.......oh never mind carry on.

"we promise we dont want any more wars!" - thats good then glad you were voted in. But hey what about libya, syria, afghanistan? ah screw it im sure they were for good reason.

this sh*t happens all the time but the world is full of f%kin morons who dont see it.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah , ole Bin was one Sly Fox Indeed to have lasted that Long.........

i297.photobucket.com...

According to the former prime minister of Pakistan Bin Laden was long dead.

Former Pakistan president Benzir Bhutto - Bin laden dead for years

And of course for making the statement the US mercenary group known as Al-CIA-da killed her.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Ya Nick, I shot a Bigfoot a couple days ago but, he started to
rot and smell so bad, I had to dump him in the ocean.

Don't believe me ?

Tuff crap !

SnF
edit on 28-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

MrInquisitive

VoidHawk
I agree about what he says about journalism, but does HE!!
Why have we got to wait for his book to know the facts? Shouldn't he be throwing it at us NOW!!
edit on 27-9-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

Did you bother to read the Guardian article and what Hersh said there? He relatess that he knew -- from soldiers' accounts -- about the My Lai massacre months before he broke the story, but he waited until he had corroborating documentary evidence, i.e. official US government documents, to publish it? Evidently he is applying the same journalistic rigor to his writing about the OBL raid; that, and/or he publishes articles in the toolish NYT, so he is waiting to report on this story, which is obviously quite likely unflattering to the US government (and hence un-NYT-worthy) in an upcoming book of his.

As to anyone saying that this is shameless shilling for his book, I would just ask: how does most anyone make a splash without some shameless PR? And shameless PR in an effort exposing the lies of the government is a good thing in my book.
edit on 27-9-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

Well said, totally correct, this guy has some integrity, or at least he appears to unless its a
double down on disinfo, but I will go with Occam's Razor and say he is right on target.

A small bit of logic here.

If the government is caught lying numerous times over the past few years, how
likely is it that it will lie more in the future.

My money is on more lies, and I get an odd feeling its a safe bet.

DC is the baskin and robbins of BS, 31 flavors of it....

edit on 28-9-2013 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

And the truth shall set you free!

I've always known Obama wasn't responsible for the death of Osama simply because he was already dead. The level of fakeness that is portrayed as real to the public is absolutely unbelievable. Of course will this get picked up on CNN, MSNBC? Likely no. Will it begin impeachment proceedings? No.

If it did I'd be willing to bet it would open up a series of cans fully equipped with worms that have been festering so long it might be better to leave well enough alone. Of course I'm thinking 911.

Oh and score another point for alternative news. This has been going around for over a decade now. And it's just one more kernel of truth i learned a decade before journalists about what really happened to Osama. Alt news my not get it right all the time but make no mistake they are right more often the MSM. Which likely means the truth about Michael Hastings was a
So reported correctly via alt news. You guys tired of this crap yet? I am.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

kosmicjack
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Does an established journalist printing the truth really need PR?

Yes, give the man a chance to earn money to support himself and his family (it should be a right for all of us) he is a journalist and author, his work is to write. Would you say he was more credible if he was a mendicant? Think of all the bull and memes being marketed constant 24/7 by advertising agents! He does not have a chance to get an idea through if he draws attention to himself.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Mr Hersh should look around more before say something.

Here is the evidence…

bitsandpieces.us...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Hard hitting journalist like him have no chance to ever get a post within the government sanctioned media outlets to actually press the kind of buttons he does or wants to. It's absolute control by the government over media by method of access of government officials and information. As well as who owns and operates the Mainstream Media sources.

This is Propaganda 101 aka PSYOPs in the 21st century. Control the information flowing to the people who report the information to the masses. Hence Government control of the masses though media. On rare occasions you see a break through. But almost always after the break through you will find that journalist's access removed or downgraded.

We all know this and we all know that the government dictates to those who have access as to what they will entertain or put up with. Everything has a narrative and spin on it and it's been like that since the 70s in mainstream media. Complete domination of the Mainstream Media was achieved by the 1990s. The Gulf War was the fist example of government control and dominance of American media.

Before the late 60s and 70s it was just raw propaganda at it's finest. The government had to get imaginative once propaganda was banned as unlawful by US Congress.
edit on 9-28-2013 by Flint2011 because: Amended

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join