It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy officer, NCIS agent arrested in multimillion-dollar bribery case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
As taken from CNN " A U.S. Navy commander, a Naval Criminal Investigative Service agent and a Singapore-based defense contractor face federal charges in two bribery schemes involving hundreds of millions of dollars in Navy contracts with payoffs that included prostitutes and luxury travel, according to the U.S. attorney's office in San Diego."

LINK TO ARTICLE

Well, that is a downer!

What is HILARIOUS however, is how the article describes this as potentially "tarnishing the mans immigrant success story".

Why does it seem as though the MSM ignores real saboteurs but absolutely crucifies a few straw men?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

I guess it sheds a bad light on amnesty for all the crap that spews across our open border from Mexico that can "join the armed forces" for "America".

Our gov't is so croocked - Why can't I just have the small amount of money I worked for and let soros, or cheney, or pelosi, pay these lying, cheating, murdering bastards off.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Is this reality or retaliation for the earlier thread about the NCIS being ready to arrest obama? Just seems a bit of an odd timing for this one.....Deface the NCIS as corrupt so they have no backing and support. My old commander was the last Officer to be arrested for at the time 'largest bribery scandal' in DOD history, and that was back in 08. It was at the time, one of the few arrests that ever made media attention.........again, just suggesting the timing is convenient.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Gross those people ingadging in dispicable behavior.

It's just a way we can see that everything can be corrupted. and that we need to pay close scrutiny to what they do. and watch them more then ever.
edit on 27-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Why does it seem as though the MSM ignores real saboteurs but absolutely crucifies a few straw men?

For the sake of appearances. It leaves the impression that they are doing their job.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Well, there was the Colonel over here in Korea that got caught with $700K in cash in his government quarters. His wife was reported to have been moving money-filled pillowcases while the investigators were conducting their 'interview' with the suspect in his home. I remember his photo being splashed across The Army Times with the moniker "COL Crook." IIRC that was in '03 or '04. What's the rub?? He was the commander of the contracting office.

I remember when the FBI showed up (yeah, they'll even arrest you overseas), they tossed EVERYONE from the building and wouldn't even let women take their purses with them. You should have seen all his cronies bail like rats from a burning ship. There are former employees who still haven't stepped foot on US soil since.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by pointr97

Well, there was the Colonel over here in Korea that got caught with $700K in cash in his government quarters. His wife was reported to have been moving money-filled pillowcases while the investigators were conducting their 'interview' with the suspect in his home. I remember his photo being splashed across The Army Times with the moniker "COL Crook." IIRC that was in '03 or '04. What's the rub?? He was the commander of the contracting office.

I remember when the FBI showed up (yeah, they'll even arrest you overseas), they tossed EVERYONE from the building and wouldn't even let women take their purses with them. You should have seen all his cronies bail like rats from a burning ship. There are former employees who still haven't stepped foot on US soil since.

This was my prior commander:
Cockerham Bribery Case

That same month, investigators raided Cockerham's Fort Sam Houston home and discovered a ledger detailing $30 million in kickbacks that the officer expected to receive for steering contracts to certain companies.

My rub is that bribery arrest cases are not common...or not media worthy often. yours happened in 03/04, mine in '08.....Howeer, we just had a mass shooting that involved individuals from NCIS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-9-2013 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join