It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible cause of cattle mutilations in the southern United States?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Could this explain some of the mysterious cattle deaths in the southern states. no tracks or clues left. Birds are known to go for specific organs before general meat, some are very smart (crows going for frogs livers for example).

If you take one or two birds like this and a clean up crew of vultures, those birds are smart enough to come up with crazy ways to get what they want could they work together to attack like they fly?

Eagle caught attacking deer

Could it be possible? No ones seen it because its really rare and theres A LOT of cattle in thousands upon thousands of square miles of land where no city's or settlements are, apart from the ranches that tend them of course (a hand ful of people). No evidence left, corpse not found for days. A weak, dehydrated cow.....

Im saying its possibly a better idea than aliens or gov. Definitely plausible.

EDIT: Also with the HUGE range an eagle has over the surroundings visually, they would see humans or cars in the area and therefore not attack making detection even harder.

edit on 26-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would think it would be pretty easy to prove or disprove because there would be bird fecies around the body's. It could be a combination of things such as disease which has been known to kill animals in mass and vultures picking over remains right after. Vultures can handle rotted even diseased meat without getting sick themselves.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Was anyone actually looking for bird poop? Which is all over the deserts by the way. Also if the carcass isnt found like an hour after, evidence is being swept away with winds, dried and baked by sun, distorted as any combination of those by the hour.

Insects have been used for 'cleaning' wounds and eating specific parts of meat, its a cocktail of possibility's that could result in the rear phenomenon thats taken people straight to aliens and their UFO saucers.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Interesting theory.

However, with cattle weighing in at over 1000lbs in some cases, the amount of "material" removed from the animal would require a very large number of birds and a significant amount of time.

That is just for a single head of cattle. What about the cases where multiple relatively large animals are found?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Just to make sure I wasn't full of #
i looked into some feeding info on large birds and since you mentioned eagles, i chose them.

Q. How much food do bald eagles need to eat in a day?
A. It depends on the bird's size, weight, level of activity, general health, weather, and other stressors. An adult might need about 5 to 10 percent of its body weight, depending on circumstances.

Link

so based on their weight, which is as follows:

Q. How big are bald eagles?
A. Sizes and weights vary greatly:

Southern birds are smaller and lighter than northern birds; an Alaskan male can weigh about the same as a southern female.
Average lengths range from 71 to 96 centimetres (2.3 to 3.1 feet).
Average weights range from just under 3 kilograms to 6.3 kilograms (6.6 pounds to 14 pounds) although weights as high as 7.7 kilograms (17 pounds) have been recorded for Alaskan females.
Averaged across their entire range, male weights range from 3.6 to 4.1 kilograms (8 to 9 pounds); female weights range from 4.5 to 6.4 kilograms (10 to 14 pounds).
Average wingspans range from 168 to 244 centimetres (5.5 to 8 feet).

Lets just say the eagle is a large 15lbs bird, eating its maximum of 10% body weight, that would be 1.5lbs of material.

So we have a single bird that can eat 1.5lbs, lets make it a flock of 12, so a combined ability to consume upwards of 18lbs of material and cattle that weighs in about 1000lbs.

I can figure it would take a lot of birds
edit on 26-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Im not saying one birds eats it, or only one bird attacks and kills it.

Its a very hot place, while theres water provided and food to eat cattle may get weak and when they do im saying that an eagle and his buddys might take advantage of it. Not wanting to share their kill they make sure there is nothing for 20 miles with their super vision and high altitude of flight.

Evidence of their presents hidden by time, wind, sun, other animals, buds erosion etc. When conditions are right strange things happen. And those birds are not dummys.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Oh I will agree with you! Carnivorous birds would most definitely take advantage of a weak animal that died or on its last legs.

My position is that birds alone would not be able to strip cattle of enough material (based on feeding behavior) to recreate the mutilated bodies that have been found.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Unless a new eagly type emergd, capable of removing tissue with laser scalpels, then no, it could not be the cause.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

MDDoxs
reply to post by Biigs

Oh I will agree with you! Carnivorous birds would most definitely take advantage of a weak animal that died or on its last legs.

My position is that birds alone would not be able to strip cattle of enough material (based on feeding behavior) to recreate the mutilated bodies that have been found.

How much time are you accounting for between when the time of kill and initial feed of one or many birds, to the corpse being discovered?

Its never hours.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Very plausible IMO, And im sure it does explain certain cases. IT just those other cases that this would not purtain too. Such as the animals missing blood, or the laser like insicion around the anus and eye. Crazy stuff, that requires extraordinary facts and finds

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

H1ght3chHippie
Unless a new eagly type emergd, capable of removing tissue with laser scalpels, then no, it could not be the cause.

This

Serious investigators have been studying this phenomenon for decades. OP, I'd highly reccomend perusing the available literature (Linda Moulton Howe is a top authority) if you're really interested.

If you have the time, check out this documentary:

edit on 4120139 2013f 415Thursday by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

And if you wanted to do this, why not hide it in places where on occasion, similar effects can be seen on prey in the desert.

I was not really trying to claim for a second that ALL were, but it would make sense that if an area had such events you could, if you were so inclined, hide things of a similar nature to muddy the mystery more while hiding your tracks.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

The total lack of blood in the mutilated cattle is where the mystery lies imo. That and the lack of scavengers disturbing the body. Also sometimes internal organs are missing with out an incision.

www.theblaze.com... /

www.unknowncountry.com...
edit on 26-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That's something they haven't thought about I think? frantic blood sucking eagle .. the vampire eagle has born, who knows right?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Eagles don't irradiate their prey.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

H1ght3chHippie

It is not birds for sure. These animals have had organs removed with great skill and no trace of blood anywhere.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'll give you a star and flag for an interesting theory.
But the majority of the cattle "Mutilations" that WE know of involve ZERO blood at the scene, as well as precision cuts and very FEW parts missing, usually the Lips, anus, eye lids an maybe a couple more parts. All removed with expert...No, Masterful precision.

The rest of the body just sits there...all that meat, wasted. I am sure one of those folks who were investigating these incidents made a note that here was a lump of meat and nothing touched it, which is strange.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I have lived on ranches all my life. My family and I lived right in the middle of the cattle mutilations.
I found a very large bull that weighed over a thousand pounds That had been mutilated within two hours of being let out into the pasture.
His ears, tongue,rectum, and penis had been removed with surgical precission. No blood anywhere!
The sheriff came out and took pictures and samples, the blood left in the body was crystalized.
There was no sign that he had struggled.
We had a friend that was a butcher and we asked if he could duplicate the cuts. He had been cutting meat for over 40 years. He couldn't do it and said it must have been with a laser.
Birds, coyotes, and even flys and bugs would not come any where near the body.
The sheriff asked us to leave it where it was and see what happened.
FBI and other "experts" came by every day or so and looked at it but just drove on.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
No, it 's happening out of Dulce base. At least that is what a Ranger friend told me.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

copperhead12
reply to post by Biigs

I have lived on ranches all my life. My family and I lived right in the middle of the cattle mutilations.
I found a very large bull that weighed over a thousand pounds That had been mutilated within two hours of being let out into the pasture.
His ears, tongue,rectum, and penis had been removed with surgical precission. No blood anywhere!
The sheriff came out and took pictures and samples, the blood left in the body was crystalized.
There was no sign that he had struggled.
We had a friend that was a butcher and we asked if he could duplicate the cuts. He had been cutting meat for over 40 years. He couldn't do it and said it must have been with a laser.
Birds, coyotes, and even flys and bugs would not come any where near the body.
The sheriff asked us to leave it where it was and see what happened.
FBI and other "experts" came by every day or so and looked at it but just drove on.

--
Yep, that sounds about right, that's a sure fire mutilation case right there, what gets me is the blood, why is it crystalized??? is there anything in the world that would cause that?
What about Space? can Space crystalize blood? maybe exposure of some kind, which would also result in the other animals not touching it, a definite red flag right there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join